BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 13, 2013 10:52 pm  #1

Another newbie

Hello everyone!

I just came across this forum and what can I say? I joined instantly. :D
I'm a 24 year old German, who is into "Sherlock" for about one year now. I remember when my friend told me about it I was more than sceptical at first. Sherlock Holmes? In a modern world? Nah I don't know... Anyway, I gave it a try and right after watching the very first episode I was just staring at the screen, simply blown away by the brilliancy of this show. From the fantastic script through to the amazing editing. Not to mention the brilliant cast. Definitely one of the best shows I have ever watched.

Anyway, enough of me blabbering. Nice to meet you all and I'm looking forward to a wonderful time here on this forum.
Oh and it might be a little late, but happy new year to all of you!!

Last edited by Lost (January 13, 2013 10:58 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------

January 14, 2013 3:16 am  #2

Re: Another newbie

Just wanted to say hey!     A bit like you actually, with uncertain curiousity (but instead by a strange/puzzingly intriguing trailer, instead of a friend), immediately followed by staring-at-screen 'wow'-ness ever since I discovered it over a year ago, and promptly sharing it with any interested friends and keeping up with news online.
Never really got active with forums either, but this has been a nice one for everything show-related, and friendly banter!  So, happy new year back!  ;)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

January 14, 2013 3:57 am  #3

Lost wrote:

Hello everyone!

I just came across this forum and what can I say? I joined instantly. :D
I'm a 24 year old German, who is into "Sherlock" for about one year now. I remember when my friend told me about it I was more than sceptical at first. Sherlock Holmes? In a modern world? Nah I don't know... Anyway, I gave it a try and right after watching the very first episode I was just staring at the screen, simply blown away by the brilliancy of this show. From the fantastic script through to the amazing editing. Not to mention the brilliant cast. Definitely one of the best shows I have ever watched.

Anyway, enough of me blabbering. Nice to meet you all and I'm looking forward to a wonderful time here on this forum.

Oh and it might be a little late, but happy new year to all of you!!

Another German-how nice!  Welcome to the world-wide Sherlock chat room.  I whole-heartedly agree with your comments!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard Brook is Make Believe!

January 14, 2013 5:16 am  #4

Good morning and welcome, Lost! Your story sounds familiar to me - and not only me.  Did you watch Sherlock in the dubbed version first? I even had that wow feeling when I watched "Ein Fall von Pink" on TV in the summer of 2011. But it wasn't until watching the original version shortly after that I became totally hooked.
Make yourself comfortable.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 14, 2013 6:53 am  #5

Welcome to another NRW Sherlockian. We're slowly taking over Germany.  Hope you'll have a lot of fun here. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 14, 2013 7:13 am  #6

Hello and welcome!
Glad you've found your way into this forum. I'm living in NRW, too.
So, happy new year back and see you laterz!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 14, 2013 8:36 am  #7

Willkommen! Another shipmate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 14, 2013 9:18 am  #8

Hi, welcome from me as well!    What was the first episode you saw? Pink or Scandal?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 14, 2013 10:03 am  #9

Thank you all for a very warm welcome!! I'm really glad to have found this forum.

tobeornot221b wrote:

Did you watch Sherlock in the dubbed version first?

Yes, I watched the dubbed version first and - to be honest - I think it's actually pretty good. And I'm normally a really picky person, when it comes to German dubs. ;)
Anyway, nothing can beat the original of course.

Mary Me wrote:

I'm living in NRW, too.
So, happy new year back and see you laterz!

Thank you very much! You're even living more or less next door. Greetings from St. Augustin. ;)

Harriet wrote:

What was the first episode you saw? Pink or Scandal?

It was "A Study in Pink". After "A Scandal in Belgravia" though I had my second "wow" moment. Well, technically I had it after every single episode, because they are all fantastic, but "A Scandal in Belgravia" is my favourite one. Together with "The Reichenbach Fall".

January 14, 2013 10:54 am  #10

ASiB is also my favorite - the one I saw first, then the full season 2 on german tv and then season 1 on DVD.
I'm not sure if ASiP would have had the same effect. Probably... 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 14, 2013 1:05 pm  #11

Greetings from Bonn ;)
By the way, I love your signature. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 14, 2013 3:35 pm  #12

Hi, I'm quite new here too
It's funny how so many people - including me! - think 'Sherlock in a modern age' can't be good, when they first hear about it
But it just drags you in, right? I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You look sad when you think he can't see you."

January 14, 2013 6:05 pm  #13

Harriet wrote:

ASiB is also my favorite - the one I saw first, then the full season 2 on german tv and then season 1 on DVD.
I'm not sure if ASiP would have had the same effect. Probably... 

Most certainly.

Mary Me wrote:

Greetings from Bonn ;)
By the way, I love your signature. 

Thank you!! Smiling John is just heartwarming, right?

Mell92 wrote:

Hi, I'm quite new here too
It's funny how so many people - including me! - think 'Sherlock in a modern age' can't be good, when they first hear about it
But it just drags you in, right? I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun here.

Definitely! I think it's good to be critical, but one should not judge before trying. One might regret that.
(My mother's wise words of wisdom. And she was so right.)

Last edited by Lost (January 14, 2013 6:12 pm)

January 14, 2013 7:00 pm  #14

And another Hi from NRW to NRW. Fine, nearly Niedersachsen, but still............
Enjoy your time here!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 14, 2013 7:44 pm  #15

Mattlocked wrote:

And another Hi from NRW to NRW. Fine, nearly Niedersachsen, but still............
Enjoy your time here!

Thank you very much! Greetings back to NRW nearly Niedersachen then!

January 15, 2013 1:36 am  #16

Lost wrote:

Anyway, enough of me blabbering.

Welcome! We don't call it blabbering. We call it gushing, and it's encouraged!

January 15, 2013 8:24 am  #17

veecee wrote:

Lost wrote:

Anyway, enough of me blabbering.

We call it gushing, and it's encouraged!

Gushing! That's exactly the word I was looking for!
Haha thank you for enlightening me.

January 21, 2013 3:50 am  #18

Hello, and welcome to the forum!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the foil of a detective a thief or a magician?

My Theory on the Fall: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=21539#p21539

January 21, 2013 9:22 am  #19

Welcome Lost, nice to see you found your way here!

Sherlock should come with an addiction warning. One hit and you're hooked!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

January 21, 2013 2:51 pm  #20

Thank you very much!!

Mnemosyne wrote:

Sherlock should come with an addiction warning. One hit and you're hooked!

I second that!

Board footera