BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 13, 2013 2:49 pm  #1

Once Upon A Time

I couldn't find a topic about this series anywhere, so here it is...
Does anyone watch this show? I've been quite the addict. I love Rumpelstiltskin as a villain/good guy. 
I also like the references to every possible fairytale. New episode recently aired. Anyone else who likes this? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You look sad when you think he can't see you."

January 13, 2013 3:38 pm  #2

Re: Once Upon A Time

Aww... surprised didn't do any thread until now but just didn't notice.  Of course, I love that show!  Been watching since the beginning, of course, and loving the way they adapted all the stories.  And yes, Rumple!!     really neat how each season had a different focus and caring what happens to both sides.  Look forward to the next one!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

January 13, 2013 3:45 pm  #3

I heard the next one will be about Belle. I really like her character, but since Hook arrived in Storybrooke, I'm afraid something bad might happen to her 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 13, 2013 10:20 pm  #4

Aw... I know...  ;D   But isn't it awesome where you have such creative mixing of intricate characters, that you even sympathize for some of the 'bad guys'?  Sure Belle will be fine, but....  yeah.... gonna be awkward when Hook catches up with them.  I'm still waiting with bated breath for August to reappear and the "stranger" to find his way to town! (it's Baelfire, right?  tell me it's Baelfire...  :D  ;D)  And for poor Regina to get everyone on her side for once after they see what's going on....  

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

January 14, 2013 11:53 am  #5

I totally sympathize with the bad guys At this point, I feel super sorry for Regina, and I'm always rooting for Rumpel He's just too awesome.
And yes, Baelfire must be the stranger! I've been waiting for that boy to turn up again for ages! 
The newest episode will be available in Belgium today, so I'll have to restrain myself from watching it right now...I need to study first

January 14, 2013 3:26 pm  #6

POSSIBLE SPOILERS
I just watched the last episode, by the way. Wow, that ending was heartbreaking!
I guess it is indeed Bae in the car, since he 'pushed' Hook away from Rumpel. Maybe to protect his father?

January 15, 2013 4:06 am  #7

Mell92 wrote:

POSSIBLE SPOILERS
I just watched the last episode, by the way. Wow, that ending was heartbreaking!
I guess it is indeed Bae in the car, since he 'pushed' Hook away from Rumpel. Maybe to protect his father?

Spoilers for non-watchers, too!
I know!!!!  I watch it with my mom, and at the ending, we were both arching a brow at the screen and going 'holy cr*p!!'  The constant way they shift everyone's story together, and push the characters, and Rumple's shift in who he is, and the sudden 'bang' at the end.  Just... everything.    I was excitedly exclaiming that oh my god, the 'stranger' we saw a while back (remember, the one who mysteriously got the postcard that the curse had been broken, most likely from August/Pinnochio, because he promised to let him know after making him leave pregnant Emma to her fate instead of getting to be with her), had finally made it to town, right at that moment.  And that I was still convinced they were going to twist it on us yet again and have him be Baelfire, because he was sent over first, would have no problem believing August back then about something magical/foretold that he had to leave Emma to (or any problem finding the 'hidden' town), and would have every reason to zoom up at Hook at that moment, seeing things about to go bad between him and his father, and his father about to use magic as a weapon again (and wanting to protectively prevent both).  Not to mention what the presence of Bae means for the relations of a bunch of the characters....  ha..   This is gonna get so interesting again....  You think so?  ;)

January 15, 2013 10:16 am  #8

Russell wrote:

Mell92 wrote:

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Spoilers for non-watchers, too!
I know!!!!  I watch it with my mom, and at the ending, we were both arching a brow at the screen and going 'holy cr*p!!'  The constant way they shift everyone's story together, and push the characters, and Rumple's shift in who he is, and the sudden 'bang' at the end.  Just... everything.    I was excitedly exclaiming that oh my god, the 'stranger' we saw a while back (remember, the one who mysteriously got the postcard that the curse had been broken, most likely from August/Pinnochio, because he promised to let him know after making him leave pregnant Emma to her fate instead of getting to be with her), had finally made it to town, right at that moment.  And that I was still convinced they were going to twist it on us yet again and have him be Baelfire, because he was sent over first, would have no problem believing August back then about something magical/foretold that he had to leave Emma to (or any problem finding the 'hidden' town), and would have every reason to zoom up at Hook at that moment, seeing things about to go bad between him and his father, and his father about to use magic as a weapon again (and wanting to protectively prevent both).  Not to mention what the presence of Bae means for the relations of a bunch of the characters....  ha..   This is gonna get so interesting again....  You think so?  ;)

Wow, I actually agree with everything you just said So, long quote
Oh it just MUST be Bae, or I'm going to get a heartattack :D It makes perfect sense to me. And yes! I was wondering how a 'normal person' could be so easily convinced of magic, too!
So it would be so cool is the stranger was Bae. And after all, Rumpel deserves a break right now I also think Bae might have arrived in town, because if he has not, Rumpel would still leave, and that would force the makers of the show to add another location besides Storybrooke and Fairytale Land. That might make it a bit too difficult? Maybe? Just thinking out loud

EVEN MORE SPOILERS
Really though, poor Rumpel, having to make Belle love him all over again.
One of my best friends watches the show too, and when we've both seen an episode, we chat about it. She actually wanted Belle to die!  She's doesn't like the character all that much. I don't get that, because I love Belle's personality and she and Rumpel make such a good couple (and the only couple in town with actual 'complications' so their relationship was interesting to watch. Snow and Charming are lovely, but you just know that things will work out fine for them, in the end. About Rum and Belle you always have to wonder).
But well, technically she's not 'Belle' anymore. So is it still true love?  I would be so sad if they didn't get back together again.
This show is going to be very interesting, indeed! About time something spectacular happened again Can't wait to see the next episode. 

Last edited by Mell92 (January 15, 2013 10:18 am)

January 27, 2013 12:34 am  #9

Well, I like it, but I haven't watched the new episodes yet. I mostly watch it for Rumplestilskin and Jefferson and the really soft/Disney fairytales aspect annoys me a little, because most of the original fairytales are darker than the Disney representation. Nevertheless, it's still good and I'll probably continue to watch it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

January 28, 2013 9:20 pm  #10

I recently watched the latest episode, and I just couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that Belle broke the cup 

January 29, 2013 3:52 am  #11

Mell92 wrote:

I recently watched the latest episode, and I just couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that Belle broke the cup 

Oh my god, I know!   I actually called it as she was getting upset, but was really hoping wouldn't.  It's frustrating I can understand Belle freaking out a bit, but....   come on!!    It's an object that obviously means something to the stranger trying to help.

January 29, 2013 4:25 pm  #12

Haha, speaking about strangers: I kinda saw that cliffhanger coming I didn't expect it in the beginning, but I once he started searching for his phone...
Guess it's not Bae after all, what a shame.

January 29, 2013 9:15 pm  #13

Mell92 wrote:

Haha, speaking about strangers: I kinda saw that cliffhanger coming I didn't expect it in the beginning, but I once he started searching for his phone...
Guess it's not Bae after all, what a shame.

Ughh.  God, I know...  I wasn't expecting one way or another, just thought it would be a cool twist right up their alley.  The stranger introducing the 'real' element of the fearful problem of their geographical post-curse situation was kinda cool, but was kinda annoyed with it, too.  Emma... you can tell when people are being truthful!  Stranger dude... what the heck?!  Yeah, yeah, writers sometimes have to tweak things for their purpose, but he barely saw much... a crouched man facing away from him, with fire in hand.  I would have jumped to the conclusion that he was doing a magic trick, if not for the setting, and depending how much believed in that stuff.  But never once going 'whoahh, sheriff lady, have you ever seen that, too?'    I dunno....  you?

January 31, 2013 8:24 pm  #14

Yeah, that was kinda unrealistic. He hardly saw anything and even if he did: who would believe the guy who was recently in a car accident and hit his head? I don't know what they're going to do with this in the show. Seems a bit far-fetched to me

February 23, 2013 11:03 pm  #15

Hey Mel!     So I realized haven't posted after the last couple...    Seriously.....  wow?    ;D

Heeee....  totally called it, huh??  My mom was exasperatedly telling me to 'be quiet' when Emma caught the stranger and I was excitedly going 'knewit!knewit!knewit!knewit!'  ;D   Talk about tangled threads!  Love how they always twist the stories slightly and the whole thing with the giant, and Henry, but still a little frustrated with the whole thing with the stranger in the hospital....  what about you?   Speaking of always playing with what we know of their stories, I hear a young Cora is going to be making an appearance soon...  ;)

(oh, and a related article:  http://www.tvguide.com/News/Once-Upon-Time-Spin-Off-ABC-1061428.aspx   frankly, my initial reaction to most spin-offs is weary wariness  (thanks to networks typically simply trying to capitalize on the great original, even if it means spreading it a bit thin) ... )

February 24, 2013 12:13 pm  #16

Hay YES! I was so thrilled when I saw who Rumpel's son really was
My brother gave me a weird look as I suddenly screamed "this is going to be so perfect!!" at my computer I also wonder where they're going with the guy in the hospital. How much damage will he cause? There's probably some important plot twist coming up, and it's going to strike at the worst possible time, I just know it.
A young Cora? That's going to be interesting I love the background stories. I was quite surprised that Rumpel wasn't a "real coward", that didn't want to fight. He just wanted to see his son, poor guy

I'm not excited about the spin-off either :s I mean, the mad hatter's background story could be interesting, but - what the hell - they even want to recast him, that's so...weird? If you want to create a good spin-off, at least make sure you're able to work with the original actor, or don't film anything new at all Maybe they won't go through with it?

Board footera