BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 6, 2013 5:39 am  #1

Anderson Hypothesis

Just a rather wild conjecture that occurred to me a little while ago: What if Anderson is the real mastermind in Sherlock, and Moriarty was just a pawn? Maybe all this time he's just been playing at being an idiot...

~T.

January 6, 2013 10:36 am  #2

Re: Anderson Hypothesis

What evidence is there that he IS playing an idiot?

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

January 6, 2013 11:19 am  #3

Now that is pretty wild, as far as conjecture goes

I just think he's comic relief for the show. Sherlock is the man that Anderson wishes he was and he hates Sherlock for that. Hence the rivalry. (Not that I think Anderson is anywhere near 'rival' status in Sherlock's mind.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

January 6, 2013 11:23 am  #4

I confess I've had similar theories to this and not just with Anderson.
However I would never think him the main man.
I may have thought he or somebody else could be working for Moriarty, but then one of the snipers is a ' spy in the camp', so don't know if we would have 2.
Certainly Anderson ans Donovan appear to work as a team to both undermine and indeed bring down Sherlock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 6, 2013 11:26 am  #5

Hm... we really, really, really need the next episodes, don't you think so? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 6, 2013 11:30 am  #6

Well maybe you've all been talking about these things before I came along here...
On my 1st forum I had a real downer on Sally,after series 1...I have slightly modified my views.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 6, 2013 10:13 pm  #7

Thanks for the feedback; it really is a rather far-fetched idea, isn't it? I just think that it would have an interesting the-cabbie-did-it sort of irony to it. Or perhaps I just have too much free time on my hands right now. That's a likely possibility. 

~T.

January 6, 2013 10:58 pm  #8

I've read a theory on the internet that Anderson is actually Sebastian Moran. There's a whole fan fic based around that and I've heard it's pretty good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 6, 2013 11:11 pm  #9

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I've read a theory on the internet that Anderson is actually Sebastian Moran. There's a whole fan fic based around that and I've heard it's pretty good.

Wow, really?  Then he's even better at disguise and acting than Sherlock. I can just hear John saying, "No one could be such a close-minded, vindictive, stupid git all the time." I find the Anderson theory a bit far-fetched, but I've been wrong many a time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 7, 2013 6:48 am  #10

I was aware that we may well have already seen Moran, but I hadn't thought of Anderson...

January 8, 2013 3:35 pm  #11

Anderson, the real master mind? Haha, he can't be, he lowers the IQ of the entire street!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 8, 2013 11:30 pm  #12

Just like Jim from IT is gay, right?!   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

January 9, 2013 6:58 am  #13

Ah but he presents himself as gay and Sherlock accurately read the markers.

January 9, 2013 9:28 pm  #14

besleybean wrote:

Ah but he presents himself as gay and Sherlock accurately read the markers.

Ah, but if Anderson were faking it because he's Moriarty, then, like you say, Sherlock is making the conclusions based on his observations.  His conclusions, based on the markers given, are correct in so far as that's what Anderson/Moriarty wants Sherlock to believe.

Personally, I strongly doubt Anderson is that clever, though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

January 9, 2013 9:34 pm  #15

And haven't we had too many examples of hiding in plain sight?
This show is already littered with fake deaths!

January 9, 2013 9:59 pm  #16

Come on, I don't want Anderson to be the real master mind. I just want him to stay the brilliant impression of an idiot we can all laugh about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 10, 2013 6:43 am  #17

Although personally I don't find characters like that amusing, tho possibly necessary.

Board footera