BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 1, 2012 10:08 pm  #101

Re: Doctor Who

I've done it. I watched the new episode of Doctor Who without watching any others before hand. I was only slightly confused about who River was, but apart from that it was excellent! And I have far too few obsessions so I thought I could add this to the list; I'll be watching every week now!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

September 2, 2012 3:04 am  #102

good for you molly!! You will love it just as much as I do.  I  haven't  watched it  the premiere yet,   I  recorded it.   I've seen most of series 5  and 6  with matt smith--  and I've seen  all of the reboot episodes with tennant and Eccleston.  Anyway===To  answer your question,   Yes  it  will be on BBC  website to air   again  but you have to have a UK  IP  addy  on your puter.   try  hulu  or  watch series online.   they have links where you can watch the eps again.   Also,  BBCA  usually  airs the episodes   over and over during the week.   They gotta do something to fill up their time slots,  and who better than Doctor Who,  eh?

BTW  for those that are interested,  BBC  A  will air it again  in  about  50  minutes,  with MORE  time  in it.   And I'm  having dinner.   Dalek meatballs, Screwdriver spaghetti, and Amy  and Rory  Sauce.   Delicuois!!

Last edited by sherlockskitty (September 2, 2012 3:06 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 2, 2012 4:30 am  #103

Sammy wrote:

Lovely picture, KeepersPrice! Thank you for that
Does this mean your friend's niece is also friends with Benedict? Wow :D

Yes, Sammy it does.  I posted this on another thread on the Forum back in early August when I first found out.

Here's the situation.  My husband teaches music at a private school in Massachusetts.  We're good friends with  fellow music teacher, Chris Walter.  Chris is from Britain and his niece is Natalie Walter.  Natalie is a pretty British actress who used to date David Tennant.  She and David and Ben all know each other well and often hung out together.  In fact, when David Tennant recently married, Natalie sat with Ben at the wedding.  My husband learned all this talking with Chris today when he mentioned that we might go to London in March because I'm Sherlock obsessed.

Here's the weird part.  I met Natalie in 2006 when she was in Boston with a touring company of "As You Like It" .  Chris and his wife had tickets but couldn't go see it for some reason. He asked us to take the tickets and bring his two kids with us so they could see their cousin afterwards.  So we waited and she came out and the kids talked and I don't remember one blessed thing about her or the conversation.  How could I know that 4 years later I'd be obsessed with one of her friends and the show he's in???? Drat! *tearing hair out right now*

On Monday, I've invited Chris and his wife over for brunch.  I'm going to pick his brain and see if I can get any more details about Natalie and her friendship with Ben....stay tuned just in case.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

September 2, 2012 4:42 am  #104

Not really a fan of Doctor Who, but watched a number of the episodes on the marathon today and then taped the new show to watch at my leisure tomorrow. Because I haven't followed it much I really can't get all the references and the crazy back-and-forths through time that go on; but I do see quite a few Sherlock similarities in the
production.   I love how the Doctor loves our planet and his friends and always seems to save the day even when you think he'll never be able to pull it off. The humor is fun and the emotional stuff always pulls hard on the old heart strings too.  Nice show.  I may have to start following.....

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

September 2, 2012 5:10 am  #105

Thanks for the heads-up,  sherlockskitty-   just caught the Series 7 1st episode on BBC America,
loved it!    And afterwards the trailer for the next episode,  featuring Rupert!   very nice indeed.

September 2, 2012 10:14 am  #106

I am SO pleased that we have managed to recruit some new Doctor Who viewers. It is one of life's great pleasures to be a Whovian. It is a whole new world with the Tardis and Daleks and sonic screwdrivers, etc.

The new series doesn't start on Aussie TV until next weekend. My sister-in-law watched it online but is not allowed to tell me anything because 'spoilers, sweetie'. She did say it was brilliant, so I am really looking forward to it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

September 2, 2012 10:26 am  #107

Well it has got...and ...and...in it. AND ...and...and...happens.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 2, 2012 4:19 pm  #108

I  know one thing it HASN"T  got---ME!!!!  I'm  gonna go  watch  it now  with breakfast.

I  wonder what Rupert Graves (Lestrade)  is gonna do  in the  Doctor Who show?   and isn't next week's ep  the one with dinosaurs?  Dinosaurs  in  a spaceship???  Ohhhh  I  get it.   The dinosaurs names are Sherlock and John,  so  he wants to capture them and bring them back to London,  but the Doctor  has other ideas....

Edited to add--   ok  just watched the premiere!!   OMG!!!   That girl  looked so familiar!!   Yep!!   It's her,  all right!!!  I  wonder how the doctor will save her from the Daleks??   If the stories I've read are true,  he HAS to save her!!   But HOW?   Do you know what I'm talking about,  whovians?   I  need to go find a dr who  message board.   Don't worry  I'll still hang out here. 

There's a very funny saying I heard once upon a time--  The only  Whoville I wanna  hang out in,  is the one where the Doctor Lives.

Last edited by sherlockskitty (September 2, 2012 5:40 pm)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 2, 2012 7:48 pm  #109

OH MY. I just watched the episode and I'm like ALL FILLED UP WITH JOOOOY.
Doctor who is back! Yes!

Right? I thougt she was going to be the new companion?! Confusion.
Aw, this episode got quite emotional, didn't it?

The next episode is going to be fantastic. It's like a big fandom meet-up! The Doctor, Lestrade, Arthur Weasley and Filch. 
I'm so happy it's back...

September 2, 2012 7:58 pm  #110

Ex-term-in-ate!! Yes it was a bit of an emotional roller-coaster wasn't it. Aww! I've always been frightened of the Daleks, ever since I was little.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 3, 2012 5:53 am  #111

Those daleks just always seem to find their way into the doctor's way.   THIS  time THEY  wanted him to HELP them.   They  got  curiouser and weirder in this one.   Steven Moffat  (yeah  he wrote it)   has done it again.   Ok  we have to see  if they  change that girl's name later on,  in order for her to be  the new  companion.  I've got my theories on how he does it. 

Remember Martha Jones?   Freema Agyeman was a character in an ep called Army  of Ghosts/ Doomsday  (two parter with david Tennant when he had Rose Tyler).  then,  she later became his companion Martha.   

Yeah.  Poor Dalek girl  kept making souffles with Eggs.   Eggs=Stir=Min=ate.   Get it?

Last edited by sherlockskitty (September 3, 2012 5:53 am)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 3, 2012 5:23 pm  #112

If you want more on Dcotor Who then try this BBC official link.

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes

Then search for Doctor Who...it's easy peasy lemon squeezy.

And this one from The Radio Times.

www.radiotimes.com/programme/d9g/doctor-who

Last edited by Davina (September 3, 2012 5:26 pm)

September 4, 2012 5:33 am  #113

lovely  for both!!  thanks davina!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 4, 2012 8:19 pm  #114

Yes, but I don't think they used the actress "by mistake" in this one, like they did with Freema. (well... you know what I mean)
The oh-they're-related revelation isn't really something Moffat would pull off, I believe. It's something RTD did, yes, but I feel it's not really Moffat's style...
The Doctor might meet a future version of this female companion, but I doubt they would do this again because it has been done with River before. So what I think is most likely is that he will somehow save her... maybe change the future. Or maybe she hasn't even been so Dalek at all - the Doctor might have been mistaken. Yes, he makes mistakes, too. 

Btw... is it ok to just bluntly spoil like this? Now you've all watched the episode, haven't you?
'

September 5, 2012 12:48 am  #115

I think that theories are fine,   spoilers are....iffy.   I  already know ONE  (maybe that's not true, though....)  thing about the  new companion,  but I shan't post it here yet.   Problem is,  I don't know HOW, when, where, or why  it was done.  All I know is,  that Tardis is one mighty fine blue box.  and I  want it!!!    And,  Jenna being in this first episode was a very well-kept secret, according to our writer Steven.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 5, 2012 10:00 pm  #116

Who doesn't want the TARDIS? 

It must've been so hard to keep the secret of Clara/Oswin/Jenna appearing in the first episode. I can't imagine how they managed it, with all of the premieres...really glad they did, though.

September 6, 2012 3:48 am  #117

spoilers, sweetie.   Clara was the thing I knew about the new companion. It's ok,  really.    Now,  we'll just have to wait and see!!  I do wonder--  will they show us the FIRST  time when the Doctor met River?   They  showed us the LAST  time--  10th dr David  Tennant in Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead episodes 2 years ago.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 6, 2012 6:50 pm  #118

Wasn't Let's Kill Hitler the first time River met the Doctor? You know, when she regenerated into Alex Kingston?
You know, that was the first time River met the Doctor. In Silence/Forest River met the Doctor for the last time and the Doctor met River for the first time. Ooh, timey-whimey.

It's quite confusing with the companion. I guess time will tell, though.    First, we have to say goodbye to the Ponds and all.
I'm kind of glad the Ponds are leaving, you know. I liked them and they were good for the Doctor - he finally had some kind of family. But at the same time, it all seems too constant for Doctor who... just think about how long the Ponds have been on Doctor who and how long the other companions of New Who lasted. And it's always been a bit weird, you know, married couple on the TARDIS.
So excited for the next episode - Rupert Graves!!

September 6, 2012 9:00 pm  #119

6.4 million watched the episode last week.

September 7, 2012 1:02 am  #120

I look forward to seeing how the Ponds leave. It's Moffat's first time to write off companions, and my hope is that it'll be amazing

Board footera