BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 10, 2012 7:01 pm  #81

Re: Doctor Who

to each thine ownself be true.   I've got tapes full of dr who to watch and catch up on.   There's really nothing better to do on a hot hot hot hot day.   Unless of course if you want to look up dr who toys and games on Amazon.  THAT was fun!!   Did you know that there's a dr who 1000 pc jigsaw puzzle?  It's not a pretty picture,  but it seems to be the only puzzle I've found with that many pieces.   And then they've got Tardis stuff--guess who wants a tardis skin for the new cell phone she's gonna get????

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 11, 2012 10:19 pm  #82

Series 5 and 6 are my favourites, I've just really loved the whole storyline thread that's been running through them right since they first met River and all the recurring themes leading to the ultimate conclusion - the silence will fall etc...my favourite episodes are ones that connect up with the general storyline ie. the Pandorica Opens, The Big Bang, When A Good Man Goes To War etc...

As for Series 4...there's some really good moments in that which you guys have already touched upon above. You really HAVE to see all the Series 4 specials though. The climax where the Master returns is really something quite spectacular and two of my favourite episodes in the whole show. I feel like the series as a whole has got a little bit darker and a lot more complicated since Moffat took over from RTD, but I'm not complaining, I really like the new direction it's gone in.

Anyway, I just found this on Facebook and thought it was really hilarious:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 12, 2012 5:19 am  #83

For those who don't know, The MASTER  is in two sets of episodes  during the dr who reboot--three episodes in series 3,  and then the last two episodes/specials  in series 4  in christmas and new years of 2009.   BRILLIANT!!   John Simm is perfect for the master role.  I wonder where they got him?   

Ok--I have a question about River Song.   In one of the eps with Matt Smith,  she said she learned how to fly the Tardis.  Who taught her?  And where, and when,  did the dr actually MEET her for the first time?  I'm  not spoiling anything for viewers who haven't seen the River episodes yet, but....yes I know who she really is,  but I don't know the answers to my questions.  And....does anyone know the title of the episode where River got her diary?  thanks!!   

I keep thinking that the new series 7  will premiere on Sept 7th.   That's not the actual date; it's just a dream I had once upon a time......

You know, I love the backstory of Gallifrey, the Timelord's Planet.  I  do wish that Mark Gatiss was writing about THAT instead of the creation of Dr Who.   Sorry,  Mr. Gatiss.  I just want to know more about the Time War!!

The Silence will fall when Doctor Who tells us his true name.

Last edited by sherlockskitty (August 12, 2012 5:52 am)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 12, 2012 6:39 am  #84

I adore ALL the episodes of the new Doctor Who, Eccleston, Tennant and Smith are all brilliant and I won't hear a word against any of them or their story lines  . I highly recommend watching all the episodes, even the ones that some may see as weaker (traitors!). There are often subtle little hints about past or future episodes that make sense later, you know, those A-HA moments. When I found out who River Song is, I was sooo excited, it all made sense to me. So don't skip any episodes or you might miss out on DoctorDonna or the Adipose (sp?) or the Weeping Angels or or or so much. Ok, I'l calm down now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

August 12, 2012 11:02 am  #85

And such a lovely rendering of Sherlock's quote in Hungry Earth:

"when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

August 12, 2012 11:04 am  #86

uh, and some more science on the whole limb regrowing thingie during regeneration - http://au.news.yahoo.com/technology/news/article/-/14532124/missing-fingers-grow-back-as-phantom-limb/ - yepp, that was new even for me!

August 12, 2012 11:48 pm  #87

Hey everyone....I'm not a Whovian.  I've only seen a few episodes; but I posted on another thread here somewhere that I recently found out that our friend's niece, British actress Natalie Walter, used to date David Tennant. My friend sent me a picture he took of the two of them when they were visiting Boston a few years ago.  I thought you might like to see it and Chris wouldn't mind me sharing it.  Hope it comes out in the post and hope it's not too huge.  I'm a tech dummy

[img]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Peter/Desktop/Eileens%20Pictures/Natalie%20Walter%20and%20David%20T.JPG[/img]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

August 12, 2012 11:50 pm  #88

Darn!  It didn't come out.  I'll try again after a little more research.  I thought my problems were over with Google Chrome 

August 14, 2012 10:53 pm  #89

Well, first you have to upload the picture somewhere and then you can link to it with the bracket things. You can upload it on a page like imageshack etc.

Wait, what, who said someone can skip the 4th season? No no no no no. You never ever ever skip a single episode of Doctor who. Not when watching it for the first time, that is.

Ah... I remember the season finale of the 5th being the most exciting thing ever. Wow, that seems so long ago! The whole Pandorica situation was so mindfucking.
Maybe I didn't like the finale of season 6 that much because it wasn't nearly as epic as the last finale? Maybe.

August 14, 2012 10:55 pm  #90

Wait a second... I forgot to freak out!
What the hell, you know someone who knows David freaking Tennant? WOW. WHAT.

August 14, 2012 11:18 pm  #91

Hey, KP, if you go to the Suggestion forum, there are a few technical threads to help you load pics on here. Personally, I have found Photobucket the easiest way to go, and I am a complete techoklutz. Basically, if you have the photo in question in your computer, you can just upload it to Photobucket, then click on the photo and a list drops down, select the bottom code which is the IMG code, click on it and it will say 'copied',  then Paste onto your comment. It won't actually appear until you press submit. Then, whatever you do, don't delete it from Photobucket as that will delete it from here. I learned that the hard way! Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

August 16, 2012 5:07 am  #92

Sammy wrote:

Ah... I remember the season finale of the 5th being the most exciting thing ever. Wow, that seems so long ago! The whole Pandorica situation was so mindfucking.
Maybe I didn't like the finale of season 6 that much because it wasn't nearly as epic as the last finale? Maybe.

do you  mean the 5th series and not the 5th doctor who, right?  yeah  I watched the pandorica box episode last week on my tape.  I  loved it when the doc  got up on the top,  and said a speech,  which ended with "let someone else try first!!" 

I installed the amazon app  onto my cell phone.   I  might be able to buy  some dr who books.   i  dunno.   I'll let yu know.   It might have been the wrong one.   sigh.  I've taken nothing but wrong turns today.  Please jim, won't you send the doctor to fix my problems?

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 19, 2012 10:49 pm  #93

Yes, of course the 5th series
Everything about it was just so epic, wasn't it?
I have so many feeling about this show.... *sigh* 

Good luck with that, Skitty
I've read a Doctor who novel featuring the 10th Doctor once. 

August 23, 2012 2:19 am  #94

Loved the 5th series. Just watched it for the first time last week 

Are the books any good? I haven't read them yet...

It's official now: series 7 is premiering on September 1, at least on BBC America... http://www.bbcamerica.com/doctor-who/

August 23, 2012 2:41 am  #95

Squeal!!!  You beat me to the big announcement.  Good  for you my dear!!
Ok i dont have my pc back but i just can't stay away.  And those commercials are awesomawesom

O have read 3 Dr who bookks.  Stone rose woth 10 th dr and Mickey;  and 3 books with  the 9th dr,,one book was abt the daleks.  They were really gooD.  my library had them on sci,fi  section.  Google the books and fond the titles and that woll help your library search.  You cud  go tp. Your bkstre and find a comfy chair and read one  hee hee

Last edited by sherlockskitty (August 23, 2012 2:56 am)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 24, 2012 2:17 am  #96

hepzibah wrote:

Hey, KP, if you go to the Suggestion forum, there are a few technical threads to help you load pics on here. Personally, I have found Photobucket the easiest way to go, and I am a complete techoklutz.

Hey hepzibah, I'm going to give posting this photo another try thanks to you suggestion about Photobucket.  It might just work this time if I'm lucky - so here goes.  If it shows up, this is a picture of my friend's niece, actress Natalie Walter, and her main squeeze at the time, David Tennant, at a restaurant in Boston a few years ago when they came to visit. They're all friends with Benedict too and I sure do wish I had a picture of them all together!

August 26, 2012 4:39 am  #97

that's a shirley temple drink next to David---  oh  I love that drink  and thx for posting.  great picture!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 1, 2012 3:17 pm  #98

MARATHON TIME ON  BBCA!!    Tonight's the night for premiere of series 7.  I wonder if you across the pond will see it before I do  in USA?   Spoilers!!   Love'em!!   if  you wanna give me spoilers,   give em  to me in PM  please.   thank you kindly!!   

I  could look at david's pic all day long.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 1, 2012 7:00 pm  #99

Lucky person/kitty I'm going to my grandparent's house today, and I really hope they have BBCA so I can see the premiere. Does anyone know if it will be on the BBCA website if I miss it?

September 1, 2012 7:36 pm  #100

Lovely picture, KeepersPrice! Thank you for that
Does this mean your friend's niece is also friends with Benedict? Wow :D

OMG, today's the day! HAHAHA at all the people who think this is just an ordinary saturday... 
I haven't seen the episode yet, have to wait a bit until it's online (I just missed it on live stream... but that's not a very good quality anyway).
Excited!

Board footera