BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 11, 2014 9:33 pm  #621

Re: Doctor Who

He looks a bit crazy, doesn't he? And in a good way.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 11, 2014 9:48 pm  #622

SolarSystem wrote:

He looks a bit crazy, doesn't he? And in a good way.

Seriously, yeah.  And more of a "total adrenaline junkie"?           

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

July 14, 2014 5:26 pm  #623

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

July 14, 2014 5:35 pm  #624

The awesomeness abounds :D

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 14, 2014 5:54 pm  #625

One word: Wow.

July 14, 2014 5:56 pm  #626

sj4iy wrote:

The awesomeness abounds :D

Yes!!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

August 2, 2014 12:37 pm  #627

Have we all got our tickets for the Deep Breath cinema screening, with a behind the scenes feature and satellite Q&A?  

http://www.doctorwho.tv/watch/cinema/

I have and I'm quite excited! 

August 2, 2014 3:19 pm  #628

Have a great time!
I still haven't seen seasons 6 and 7, so it wouldn't make any sense for me to watch this. But I'm sure it'll be fantastic!

August 3, 2014 2:44 pm  #629

Think we're just going to watch Deep Breath at home this time around...just don't have the money for a date night right now.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 6, 2014 11:10 am  #630

SolarSystem wrote:

Have a great time!
I still haven't seen seasons 6 and 7, so it wouldn't make any sense for me to watch this. But I'm sure it'll be fantastic!

Me too, but I'm going anyway. I hope with a new Doctor, the story will be a bit independent from the previous series. And if not, well, then I least can enjoy the Tardis on a big screen    as I couldn't watch the anniversary episode due to a birthday invitation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

August 6, 2014 12:07 pm  #631

I've just realised I'm away when the new one is shown.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 6, 2014 5:58 pm  #632

The new season airs in August the 23rd. Can't wait!

The Road goes ever on and on...

August 13, 2014 8:13 pm  #633

Last week in Salem, MA, KP and I spotted this blue something...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 14, 2014 2:46 pm  #634

^That is so cool!

I'm trying to find out when it's going to air in Denmark... usually we get things a week late (when we're lucky and luckily we seem to be with Sherlock and Doctor Who...)

I'm still a bit nervous about a new Doctor... I'm a new Whovian and I only knew 11... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 14, 2014 3:26 pm  #635

Oh, Phantom... you have to get to know Ten...!!!! David Tennant is such a gorgeous Doctor....!!!

August 14, 2014 3:53 pm  #636

I think I misspoke... of course I know ten!! I LOVE Tennant, he's such a brilliant doctor; I've watched my DVD's almost as many times as I have Sherlock! But I started with 11... before that I didn't even know what Doctor Who was (gasps)... so I'm scared it will be hard for me to get used to Capaldi... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 14, 2014 5:10 pm  #637

Ah, okay. Well, almost the same here, I started with Eccleston just recently, have watched everything with Tennant and the first season with Smith - and don't really like him/Moffat's Who very much, I'm afraid.

August 14, 2014 5:19 pm  #638

I've seen them all at one time or another.
Matt was my fave, but I think Peter will be good.
I love Steven's work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 14, 2014 5:50 pm  #639

I don't have any worries about Peter Capaldi. I'd be very surpised if he isn't one of the best, if not THE best.  And I've seen them all! 

If you're fans of David Tennant, I strongly recommend trying to see a TV series called "Takin' over the asylum".  It was where he first caught my eye, a good few years ago.   It's about a double glazing salesman who has a hospital radio station at a psychiatric hospital.  David Tennant is one of the patients.  The subject matter can be a bit edgy, but it's also very funny, with lots of music!  I think the whole thing is on youtube now. 

August 23, 2014 9:41 pm  #640

So what did you all think?

Board footera