BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 11, 2013 10:36 pm  #541

Re: Doctor Who

OH. MY. GOD. OH. MY. GOD!!! Cyber Men, Silence, Weeping Angels, Daleks! OH. MY GOD!!

================================================================

December 11, 2013 10:41 pm  #542

"The Doctor is regenerating!"

Oh, and did you see this:

...he's old ;)

Last edited by sj4iy (December 11, 2013 10:45 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

December 12, 2013 4:07 am  #543

^ Is that the Capaldi stare already starting?

Last edited by Michele (December 12, 2013 4:10 am)

December 12, 2013 6:52 am  #544

Yes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 12, 2013 8:15 pm  #545

Yes and yes! 
Also awesome little blurb from Steven about Matt as the Doctor and Christmas - http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/article/moffat-teases-christmas-last-lines-and-peter-capaldi   (seriously… nearly all his major enemies and threat of Trenzalore in one xmas trailer!?)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 12, 2013 8:18 pm  #546

I know!  It's going to be rough on the poor Doctor...(Highlight to read the spoilers below):

what with him losing his leg and everything to the Weeping Angels.

Last edited by sj4iy (December 12, 2013 8:18 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

December 15, 2013 11:09 am  #547

I found something awesome, "Sherlock meets the Doctor":

A full movie like this would be wonderful!

The Road goes ever on and on...

December 15, 2013 10:38 pm  #548

^ Oh. God. Yes!

December 25, 2013 10:15 pm  #549

Soooooooo......who watched it? I did but my lips are sealed! It was brilliant though and I laughed and I cried!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 26, 2013 12:30 am  #550

I watched it.  I was a blubbering mess for hours afterwards XD  Absolutely beautiful and heartbreaking.

December 26, 2013 7:17 am  #551

I did too, of course!   
For a Doctor Who Christmas *plus* Farewell, more than enough fun story twistiness, Christmas-ness, heartbreaking mixed with enough exhilaration, "what the..?!" moments, and laughs.  Wonderful job on Matt's part, and insanely creepy delight with Peter's first moment.  A little puzzled in what state the pair left things in with seeming to suddenly launch the Tardis away, if any of you got a better sense of?  But great starting point for his next journey.   Can't wait….. :

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

December 26, 2013 10:52 am  #552

Russell wrote:

I did too, of course!   
For a Doctor Who Christmas *plus* Farewell, more than enough fun story twistiness, Christmas-ness, heartbreaking mixed with enough exhilaration, "what the..?!" moments, and laughs.  Wonderful job on Matt's part, and insanely creepy delight with Peter's first moment.  A little puzzled in what state the pair left things in with seeming to suddenly launch the Tardis away, if any of you got a better sense of?  But great starting point for his next journey.   Can't wait….. :

Pretty sure the TARDIS was crashing into something and the (new) Doctor doesn't remember how to fly it, anymore.

December 26, 2013 7:22 pm  #553

sj4iy wrote:

Pretty sure the TARDIS was crashing into something and the (new) Doctor doesn't remember how to fly it, anymore.

Yup… of course!  At least… temporarily.    But… the battle was going on.  Doctor still trying to save Christmas (hee. ).  Clara wonderfully appealed to his people and they both saved him.  He retreated to the TARDIS to change, then…. ?  I just missed if something was said, if anything, why they launched away from there.  He accidentally hit the wrong buttons and/or fleeing for temporary safety, then started crashing?  Awesome line to leave it on, at any rate, and launching point!  Look forward to seeing them work together...

December 26, 2013 11:23 pm  #554

I actually found the episode fairly lacking. For a Christmas Special and farewell it was very slow and frankly, a bit boring. The use of narration to tell the story in a TV series that has access to world-class special effects is just lazy imo.

Sorry to those who enjoyed it. I didn't really. I am looking forward to seeing what they do with Capaldi's doctor though

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

December 27, 2013 12:06 pm  #555

I think the episode was very good, but the best part of it began a dozen or so minutes by the end. The Doctor blowing up the Daleks fleet, it looked awesome.
Only one thing seemed to me somewhat too simple, I mean how Time Lords listened to an ordinary girl and helped the Doctor at once. You know, one word of Clara and the Doctor is saved, in a way.  
And the regeneration scene took me by surprise, it happened sooo quick

Last edited by Deilenn (December 27, 2013 12:06 pm)

The Road goes ever on and on...

December 27, 2013 12:49 pm  #556

Well, to be fair, if they hadn't helped, they would have been screwed themselves.  They had no choice, really.  She told them he was dying and they were forced to act immediately.

December 28, 2013 6:38 am  #557

Personally I will always take story over special effects any day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 28, 2013 11:39 am  #558

Not a Who-fan and not even a regular viewer here. For me it's always hit and miss. Some eps I like very much, others are just too confusing for me. This one was more of the latter.

Found this review online: http://www.dailydot.com/fandom/doctor-who-christmas-special-disappointment/

Alles eine Frage des Blickwinkels.
It's all a matter of perspective.

December 28, 2013 3:26 pm  #559

kete wrote:

Not a Who-fan and not even a regular viewer here. For me it's always hit and miss. Some eps I like very much, others are just too confusing for me. This one was more of the latter.

Found this review online: http://www.dailydot.com/fandom/doctor-who-christmas-special-disappointment/

I think it's being unfairly criticized.  People are acting as if it should have been a one-off that anyone should be able to watch because it's a Christmas special.  But it was the last episode of Matt Smith's era...there was no way for it to be an 'everyone can get this' episode.  Plus they just did that a month ago for "Day of the Doctor".  This episode was wrapping up the past 4 years of the show, bringing it full circle and connecting the very first episode to the very last, as well as plugging all of the holes in between.  I won't say it was perfect, but very few episodes ever are.  But it was a really good episode that gets better on rewatching and did everything it needed to do.  I would say that it probably could have been helped by having about 15-30 more minutes, but they didn't have the luxury- and I liked that they made the Doctor the focus of the episode.

December 28, 2013 4:47 pm  #560

I cannot really comment on this. I've read good reviews and bad ones. And as a non-regular viewer there's always the strong possibility that I just don't get enough by viewing the occasional ep to be able to really follow. Otoh, even the eps I *do* enjoy don't entice me enough to become a regular. *shrug*

Alles eine Frage des Blickwinkels.
It's all a matter of perspective.

Board footera