BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 18, 2013 6:10 pm  #461

Re: Doctor Who

Been reading past  posts for half hour.   Oh  that two year old looks PERFECT  as number ten.  That's the cutest costume I have ever seen.  

Day  of the doctor?   the only way  ten could be in there,  is if they go back to Bad Wolf Bay  where Rose and the other  half human (or is he fully human? tenth doctor  live, and Clara and the 11th  dr pick him up  cos they need his help,  somehow.  and John Hurt?   Something tells me he's not one of the doctors.   He's just someone  from the doctor's past,  that he's trying to forget.  

As for Matt Smith leaving,   I  believe he's gonna do this year's Christmas special.   So  I  don't think this day  of the dr movie will be his last one. 

And  as for regeneration,   we NEVER saw a regeneration between 8  and 9,  did we?   all  8  said at the end, of that movie,  was,   "Oh  no,  not again."  after he'sd sat down to read a book.   what was he talking about? 

Ok  question--  I  get the BBC america channel.     will you guys across the pond be seeing that day  of the dr  movie  BEFORE  the rest of the world does?  

that's enuf,  for now.  Skitty wants food.  Toodles!!!       

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

October 18, 2013 6:20 pm  #462

sherlockskitty wrote:

Been reading past  posts for half hour.   Oh  that two year old looks PERFECT  as number ten.  That's the cutest costume I have ever seen.  

Day  of the doctor?   the only way  ten could be in there,  is if they go back to Bad Wolf Bay  where Rose and the other  half human (or is he fully human? tenth doctor  live, and Clara and the 11th  dr pick him up  cos they need his help,  somehow.  and John Hurt?   Something tells me he's not one of the doctors.   He's just someone  from the doctor's past,  that he's trying to forget.  

As for Matt Smith leaving,   I  believe he's gonna do this year's Christmas special.   So  I  don't think this day  of the dr movie will be his last one. 

And  as for regeneration,   we NEVER saw a regeneration between 8  and 9,  did we?   all  8  said at the end, of that movie,  was,   "Oh  no,  not again."  after he'sd sat down to read a book.   what was he talking about? 

Ok  question--  I  get the BBC america channel.     will you guys across the pond be seeing that day  of the dr  movie  BEFORE  the rest of the world does?  

that's enuf,  for now.  Skitty wants food.  Toodles!!!       

Thank you for the compliment about his costume

We don't know how the 10th Doctor will be involved yet, and we've yet to see anything of Rose.  So I don't know when this occurs in 10's timestream (or even if it IS 10...it could very well be 10.5).

Many people are speculating that John Hurt is the ACTUAL 9th Doctor (After McGann and before Eccleston), and that he is the one who ended the Time War and destroyed the Time Lords and the Daleks.

"Day of the Doctor" will be airing across the world in 75 countries simultaneously, which means that people in the US will see it exactly the same time as people in the UK.  They are doing this so as to avoid spoilers.  So when the UK sees it at night, we will be seeing it during the day (and Australians will be seeing it early early in the morning).

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

October 18, 2013 6:46 pm  #463

BBC1 has confirmed that they will air the first full trailer for the 50th anniversary special.

https://twitter.com/BBCOne/status/391338075714248704/photo/1

Note: this trailer will be a retrospective and will have no actual footage from "Day of the Doctor".

Last edited by sj4iy (October 18, 2013 11:23 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

October 19, 2013 11:06 am  #464

Ahh, pity. I look forward to the actual trailer of 50th anniversary. We may see it quite soon though, as the episode is a little over a month away! I've heard also fans want Google to do a special DW doodle for that day 

The Road goes ever on and on...

October 19, 2013 7:30 pm  #465

OH MY GOD

October 19, 2013 7:44 pm  #466

Yessssss :D It's awesome! ^^

October 19, 2013 8:22 pm  #467

Very cool!!!

Sherlock - Restoring balance to the universe since 1-1-2012 ~

Gallifrey Stands!!!

October 20, 2013 11:35 pm  #468

Oh. My. God!!!

================================================================

October 21, 2013 1:38 am  #469

I can throw up some screen caps if anyone is interested.

October 21, 2013 2:14 am  #470

Have you guys also seen a new... banner?  Fun fan promo pic?  Done by the facebook fan page.... I kinda like it:

Combined with the trailer/'threat' (which was awesome!).....  it's like Eleven is daring whatever it is to dare take him down...   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

October 21, 2013 2:15 am  #471

Russell wrote:

Have you guys also seen a new... banner? Fun fan promo pic? Done by the facebook fan page.... I kinda like it:

Combined with the trailer/'threat' (which was awesome!)..... it's like Eleven is daring whatever it is to dare take him down...

It's my wallpaper XD

October 21, 2013 10:06 am  #472

Ferocious Eleven... I think I may make it my wallpaper too ;]

October 21, 2013 12:16 pm  #473

That pic with all the Doctors is amazing!! Loving all the promo coming out for the 50th special!!

Sherlock - Restoring balance to the universe since 1-1-2012 ~

Gallifrey Stands!!!

October 24, 2013 5:51 pm  #474

October 25, 2013 3:07 am  #475

Australia has also released the cinema screening dates (just go directly to the cinema sites, e.g., http://www.hoyts.com.au/movies/2013/doctor_who.aspx). Big screen it is!

October 25, 2013 3:12 am  #476

This is definitely exciting!  A chance to see Doctor Who on the big screen is absolutely fantastic

October 25, 2013 1:11 pm  #477

I am the proud owner of two tickets to see it on the big screen November 25th

October 25, 2013 5:03 pm  #478

sj4iy wrote:

yay! exciting isn't it?    I also scored tix for the Nov.25th viewing,  and for the Nov.23rd
big screen simulcast of the 50th anniversary special.     Thanks very much for the heads up! 

October 25, 2013 5:06 pm  #479

jenosborn wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

yay! exciting isn't it?    I also scored tix for the Nov.25th viewing,  and for the Nov.23rd
big screen simulcast of the 50th anniversary special.     Thanks very much for the heads up! 

I live in Pittsburgh, so Philadelphia was the closest 23rd showing...but I'm perfectly fine with seeing it on Monday

I think the more Doctor Who fans, the better ^^

October 25, 2013 5:35 pm  #480

Since the theater is pretty close by for me,  I figured I'd go both days with 2 slightly different groups of fanatics.  Should be fun! 

Board footera