BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 29, 2013 10:11 am  #441

Re: Doctor Who

Yesterday's Dr. Who -" The Day Of The Doctor" mini teaser trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5BsPDbBBL4

In comparison I would say the Sherlock S3 trailers we got to see so far were quite longish. We should count ourselves lucky there.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

September 29, 2013 10:22 am  #442

Steven was kind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 29, 2013 1:23 pm  #443

Well, they will be releasing a trailer very soon, according to the official website (it is currently in post-production).  So be on the lookout

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

October 10, 2013 9:16 pm  #444

Lost episodes of 'Doctor Who' from the 1960's have been found, restored, and will be made available to fans in the near future. Unconfirmed reports are that the episodes are from two of Patrick Troughton's serials, "Enemy of the World" and "Web of Fear" (which introduced the Great Intelligence in it...hmm, how convenient). This is pretty cool stuff indeed, and the official press releases come out at 00:01 BST (ie: a couple of hours).

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

October 10, 2013 9:35 pm  #445

I've heard everything from Bulgaria to Ethiopia to private collectors.  The reports that were put up were taken down again because of the media blackout, so they were lacking on information.  However, we'll probably know all about it in an hour and a half :D

October 10, 2013 11:27 pm  #446

Welp, it was none of the above.  They were found in Nigeria XD

October 11, 2013 4:35 pm  #447

I saw it and the lovely Patrick Troughton on TV this morning!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 15, 2013 11:49 pm  #448

New pictures up from "Day of the Doctor"!

October 16, 2013 12:41 am  #449

I was just coming here to post them! 

You can see them at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/galleries/p01js9py

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

October 16, 2013 12:46 am  #450

Hah  I'm hoping this means we are going to get a trailer this weekend?  Obviously, this is just a guess on my part, but things seem to be ramping up as far as promotion is concerned...and they said a trailer was very close to being finished a couple of weeks ago. 

October 16, 2013 3:33 am  #451

Eeeee!!  Exciting!    Wow... you guys are really trying hard tonight to get me to fall off my chair, mm? 
I love how Hurt looks a little scruffy, and a mixture of the other recent doctors....   can't wait to see

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

October 16, 2013 4:20 am  #452

I have to confess...I think I'm even more excited about this movie than I am about Series 3 of Sherlock...and that's extremely hard to do!

Moffat also said something EXTREMELY exciting and possibly game-changing:

"He can only regenerate 12 times. I think you should go back to your DVDs and count correctly this time," said Moffat, "there’s something you’ve all missed.”

So either the Doctor hasn't regenerated as many times as we've thought...or he's regenerated more.

My theory?

Smith is actually the LAST incarnation of the Doctor, #13.  Why?  Well, in the show, he's #11...however, now they've added a new past Doctor (Hurt), making it 12.  And then there was 10's aborted regeneration in "Journey's End" where he siphoned off his excess regeneration energy into his severed hand (thus creating a new Doctor-human hybrid).  Count those, and Smith is actually 13.  There are some facts to back this up:

1. We don't see any 'future' incarnations of the Doctor in his own timestream at Trenzalore
2. His 'body' is buried in the current console room of the TARDIS
3. When he is shot by River Song, he's in the Teselecta...it wasn't really him that started to regenerate, it was the robot
4. When he is poisoned by River Song, he says to the voice interface "So I guess I'd better regenerate?" and the interface replies with "Regeneration disabled".  We are never told why it's disabled, though.  Perhaps it wasn't the poison that did it...the Doctor is simply out of regenerations.

Of course, this could all be completely wrong, which is fine...but it would be a great twist to the story and really give it a chance to go in a new and less immortal direction.

October 16, 2013 7:42 am  #453

I'm on hol in London at the mo.
One of my greatest joys so far was yesterday, seeing a gold dalek at The Museum of London!

October 16, 2013 2:27 pm  #454

besleybean wrote:

I'm on hol in London at the mo.
One of my greatest joys so far was yesterday, seeing a gold dalek at The Museum of London!

So jealous XD

Right now I'm working on my son's Halloween costume...he's going as the 10th Doctor.  Here's a picture of him trying it on:

October 16, 2013 5:15 pm  #455

sj4iy wrote:

I have to confess...I think I'm even more excited about this movie than I am about Series 3 of Sherlock...and that's extremely hard to do!

Moffat also said something EXTREMELY exciting and possibly game-changing:

"He can only regenerate 12 times. I think you should go back to your DVDs and count correctly this time," said Moffat, "there’s something you’ve all missed.”

So either the Doctor hasn't regenerated as many times as we've thought...or he's regenerated more.

My theory?

Smith is actually the LAST incarnation of the Doctor, #13.  Why?  Well, in the show, he's #11...however, now they've added a new past Doctor (Hurt), making it 12.  And then there was 10's aborted regeneration in "Journey's End" where he siphoned off his excess regeneration energy into his severed hand (thus creating a new Doctor-human hybrid).  Count those, and Smith is actually 13.  There are some facts to back this up:

1. We don't see any 'future' incarnations of the Doctor in his own timestream at Trenzalore
2. His 'body' is buried in the current console room of the TARDIS
3. When he is shot by River Song, he's in the Teselecta...it wasn't really him that started to regenerate, it was the robot
4. When he is poisoned by River Song, he says to the voice interface "So I guess I'd better regenerate?" and the interface replies with "Regeneration disabled".  We are never told why it's disabled, though.  Perhaps it wasn't the poison that did it...the Doctor is simply out of regenerations.

Of course, this could all be completely wrong, which is fine...but it would be a great twist to the story and really give it a chance to go in a new and less immortal direction. 

This is all quite interesting and true (especially about the number of incarnations), but correct me if I'm wrong, what with making sense of the writers happily tweaking "what you thought you knew!" about the Doctor (again).    That time he was poisoned and 'couldn't' regenerate, didn't River save him by giving him the rest of her regenerations?  Which means we don't even KNOW how many he has left now! 

And sj - Oh.. my.  That's awesome!      I saw a comiccon pic once of a kid Ten and kid Weeping Angel.  They have awesome parents, too. 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

October 16, 2013 5:21 pm  #456

Russell wrote:

This is all quite interesting and true (especially about the number of incarnations), but correct me if I'm wrong, what with making sense of the writers happily tweaking "what you thought you knew!" about the Doctor (again). That time he was poisoned and 'couldn't' regenerate, didn't River save him by giving him the rest of her regenerations? Which means we don't even KNOW how many he has left now!

And sj - Oh.. my. That's awesome! I saw a comiccon pic once of a kid Ten and kid Weeping Angel. They have awesome parents, too.

The River Song thing has crossed my mind...but I don't think they can "absorb" and store the energy.  I think it only went to repairing his body and nothing else.  Obviously, I could be completely wrong about that...but it just seems too obvious.  I think the 50th would be a great time to address the idea of his mortality, though.  Then he could sort of start after that with a 'clean slate', so to speak.

And yeah, we're big dorks XD  I would have loved to do the 11th, but really, the 10th Doctor is a big easier to do for a 2 year old (although I had to make his trench coat since they don't really make those for 2 year olds, lol).

October 16, 2013 7:19 pm  #457

Aww cool pictures! Seeing Tenth and Eleventh in this one pic... I can't wait!!! I just realised only one month and one week has left!
This blond-haired woman at the last pic looks like my Polish language teacher from my old school. Maybe that's her. O_o

sj4iy your kid looks adorable It seems he aspires to truly become the Doctor ;p

The Road goes ever on and on...

October 16, 2013 7:23 pm  #458

Deilenn wrote:

Aww cool pictures! Seeing Tenth and Eleventh in this one pic... I can't wait!!! I just realised only one month and one week has left!
This blond-haired woman at the last pic looks like my Polish language teacher from my old school. Maybe that's her. O_o

sj4iy your kid looks adorable It seems he aspires to truly become the Doctor ;p

The blonde is Kate Stewart, daughter of Col. Lethbridge-Stewart and is the head of UNIT now.  The actress is Jemma Redgrave.  Should be interesting to see how UNIT is involved with this one.

October 16, 2013 9:16 pm  #459

Important news from SFX magazine!

"In an interview with SFX (#241, out today), Moffat says: “We’ve got to set the Doctor off in a brand new direction. It’s chapter two of his life. Now something happens to him that changes the way he thinks and the way he will adventure from now on. You can celebrate an anniversary in many ways – I think the most productive one within the narrative is to say “This is where the story really starts. This is where he finds his mission, he finds his destiny.”

He adds: “We’re not fibbing – this one is going to change the course of the series. And it’s very rare in Doctor Who that the story happens to the Doctor. It happens to people around him, and he helps out – he’s the hero figure who rides in and saves everybody from the story of the week. He is not the story of the week. In this, he is the story of the week. This is the day of the Doctor. This is his most important day. His most important moment. This is the one he’ll remember, whereas I often think the Doctor wanders back to his TARDIS and forgets all about it.”"

October 18, 2013 12:52 am  #460

I am so excited for this episode!! Those pics that were posted from it on the last page are wonderful!

I'm actually having a small Doctor Who viewing party for this episode, and found some of the most wonderful cookie cutters at an Etsy shop so that I can have Doctor Who themed cookies!!

http://warpzoneprints.com/all-products/doctor-who-tardis-cookie-cutter

I'm also hoping for a trailer soon!

Sherlock - Restoring balance to the universe since 1-1-2012 ~

Gallifrey Stands!!!

Board footera