BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 2, 2013 11:44 am  #381

Re: Doctor Who

What? Really? But John Hurt's not going to be the next doctor, is he?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 2, 2013 11:44 am  #382

They're saying not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 2, 2013 11:50 am  #383

When will the next series begin?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 3, 2013 4:10 am  #384

Awww....  the rumors floated around for a bit, but too bad to see they were true!    Even so, as much as I enjoyed him (although cautiously at first, still torn over Ten leaving.......  ha, this happens every time, huh?  ), like others said, looking forward to seeing where they'll take it too.  And also doubt John Hurt... he's got a different role to play.  Suspecting something to do with the Valeyard, or perhaps a 'first' version of him before took on 'the name', or the version of him that we never saw that went through the Time War... would be interesting, and hopefully awesome, whatever it is.  (but... wait... then, would that mean that Eleven isn't technically #11, if that were the case?  o.o) 
I really do love, though, the 'parting' comments that I've been finding quoted online... sweet statements from both of them:

Matt Smith's statement on his Doctor Who departure:
"Doctor Who has been the most brilliant experience for me as an actor and a bloke, and that largely is down to the cast, crew and fans of the show. I'm incredibly grateful to all the cast and crew who work tirelessly every day to realise all the elements of the show and deliver Doctor Who to the audience. Many of them have become good friends and I'm incredibly proud of what we have achieved over the last four years.

“Having Steven Moffat as showrunner write such varied, funny, mind-bending and brilliant scripts has been one of the greatest and most rewarding challenges of my career. It's been a privilege and a treat to work with Steven, he's a good friend and will continue to shape a brilliant world for the Doctor.

“The fans of Doctor Who around the world are unlike any other: they dress up, shout louder, know more about the history of the show (and speculate more about the future of the show) in a way that I've never seen before. Your dedication is truly remarkable. Thank you so very much for supporting my incarnation of the Time Lord, number Eleven – who, I might add, is not done yet: I'm back for the 50th anniversary and the Christmas special!

“It's been an honour to play this part, to follow the legacy of brilliant actors, and helm the TARDIS for a spell with 'the ginger, the nose and the impossible one'. But when ya gotta go, ya gotta go and Trenzalore calls. Thank you guys. Matt."

Steven Moffat on Matt Smith's departure from Doctor Who:
"Every day, on every episode, in every set of rushes, Matt Smith surprised me: the way he'd turn a line, or spin on his heels, or make something funny, or out of nowhere make me cry, I just never knew what was coming next. The Doctor can be clown and hero, often at the same time, and Matt rose to both challenges magnificently. And even better than that, given the pressures of this extraordinary show, he is one of the nicest and hardest-working people I have ever had the privilege of knowing. Whatever we threw at him - sometimes literally - his behaviour was always worthy of the Doctor.

“But great actors always know when it's time for the curtain call, so this Christmas prepare for your hearts to break, as we say goodbye to number Eleven. Thank you Matt - bow ties were never cooler.

“Of course, this isn't the end of the story, because now the search begins. Somewhere out there right now - all unknowing, just going about their business - is someone who's about to become the Doctor. A life is going to change, and Doctor Who will be born all over again! After 50 years, that's still so exciting!”

Sweet.   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

June 3, 2013 5:55 am  #385

Lovely, thank you for posting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 3, 2013 1:17 pm  #386

Whoooooo is going to be next? 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 3, 2013 3:41 pm  #387

If we take Steven's comments to the letter...somebody unknown.
So are the bookies efforts in vain?

June 3, 2013 5:50 pm  #388

besleybean wrote:

If we take Steven's comments to the letter...somebody unknown.
So are the bookies efforts in vain?

Yes...  Yes, of course.  They did have quite good experiences with that before, after all. 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

June 19, 2013 6:56 pm  #389

Gulp. I have something to confess. I've been unfaithful. I heard and read so much about Doctor Who from Sherlock fans after joining this fandom, finally, finally I have watched a few episodes. Just because I noticed by chance that series 7 was airing on French TV. I've seen 8 episodes so far. I've never watched any episode with another doctor, and before watching this I thought Matt Smith looked weird and didn't understand the fuss on tumblr, but now I find him veeery attractive (déjà vu...). Forgive me Benedict!

June 19, 2013 6:59 pm  #390

What on Earth are you apologising for?
Dr Who is fab.
Matt is goegeous.

June 19, 2013 7:24 pm  #391

We starting watching Doctor Who this past Christmas (I had seen classic who and was unimpressed).  We love nu-Who, the writing is fantastic, and I've never cried so much at any show.  Just superb.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

June 20, 2013 8:49 pm  #392

The replacement for Matt Smith will be announced in the Autumn (according to the Radio Times).

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 20, 2013 8:51 pm  #393

Humph.
3 more months of endless specualtion and breast beating.

June 23, 2013 8:13 pm  #394

I can't wait for the anniversary episode and am excited we'll see David once again as the Doctor, as the Tenth is my favourite Doctor Only it's kinda sad John Barrowman is not going to be involved into it Captain Jack is one of the most important characters in the show since 2005 and he should be in this episode...

The Road goes ever on and on...

June 29, 2013 7:03 pm  #395

Deilenn wrote:

I can't wait for the anniversary episode and am excited we'll see David once again as the Doctor, as the Tenth is my favourite Doctor Only it's kinda sad John Barrowman is not going to be involved into it Captain Jack is one of the most important characters in the show since 2005 and he should be in this episode...

I like both the 10th and the 11th Doctors...but I give the edge to Smith because I like the storylines in his tenure better  Perhaps one of my favorite parts in any Who episode was during the last Christmas special, when he was pretending to be Sherock Holmes.  Knowing the writers of the show are the ones who wrote Sherlock just made me laugh even more.  "Shut up, I'm making deductions.  It's very exciting."

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

July 1, 2013 1:25 am  #396

Deilenn wrote:

Totally agree. Captain Jack is awesome!
I can't wait to see it but can wait because I don't want to see 11 go. Hope 12 is good though.

================================================================

July 8, 2013 11:07 pm  #397

So...since there's not much going on for a little while...what is everyone's favorite episode/s?  I have two:

1. Asylum of the Daleks
2. Blink

Both were tense, scary, and my favorites of the past two Doctors.  I didn't like series 1 (sorry!), so I don't really have anything from that Doctor.  What are yours?

July 9, 2013 5:13 am  #398

I have just recently discovered Dr. Who. There is a page in the English book we use at schoool about it. It's a reading comprehension based on a brochure about a Dr Who exhibition, and after doing that page the fourth time, I got curious.

I started watching series 5 not long ago, and we (hubby is in for it due to cool red-head) have seen "The Hungry Earth" just the other day. I love the show a lot!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 9, 2013 6:04 am  #399

Schmiezi wrote:

I have just recently discovered Dr. Who. There is a page in the English book we use at schoool about it. It's a reading comprehension based on a brochure about a Dr Who exhibition, and after doing that page the fourth time, I got curious.

I started watching series 5 not long ago, and we (hubby is in for it due to cool red-head) have seen "The Hungry Earth" just the other day. I love the show a lot!

We've been pulling a "River Song" and watching it backwards, in a way.  We started with series 7, then after that, we went back and watched series 5 and 6, now we've gone back and watched 1, 2 and 3...and working on 4 right now, lol.  Very interesting like that...I definitely cried a lot with River Song in the Library episodes since I already knew her.  It was really sad when the Doctor didn't ;_;

July 9, 2013 11:07 am  #400

The Doctor didn't because he didn't know who she is, she was a stranger to him... But yeah it was really sad

As for favourite episode, there are a few on my list, so I'd say:
- Journey's End
- Midnight (it was the first DW episode I've watched. Because of Colin Morgan who acted there :D)
- Vincent and the Doctor
- Silence in the Library
- Eleventh Hour

I liked also Blink and Empty Child/Doctor Dances, these are good episodes but I was too frightened of them... ehh xD

The Road goes ever on and on...

Board footera