BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 12, 2013 2:39 pm  #361

Re: Doctor Who

It was good, I liked Matt's take on being...well, for those who haven't seen it...such a good actor.

Spinning a poor plot point like taking a little girl and boy onto the TARDIS worked so well, Gaiman did a better job in this one than he did with 'The Doctor's Wife'. It ticked all the boxes and kept within the parameters of Who perfectly. I'll need to watch it again but it could be one of my favourite Eleven episodes.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 12, 2013 7:16 pm  #362

I thought it was very, very good, except for the acting of the two children which I thought was disappointingly weak.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 12, 2013 9:00 pm  #363

I think we'll see them again. The TARDIS seemed to want to see the little girl again anyway by giving her a new phone.

Spin off show?

-m0r

May 12, 2013 11:50 pm  #364

Sparrow wrote:

There's one thing that bugs me in the trailer for the finale though. There was a tombstone that said "River Song" but River died in a big explosion thingy when the Doctor first meets her in the Library. And then he puts her into a computer, so why the gravestone?

I thought that too. Perhaps sentiment? Alternative Timeline? Really with The Doctor it could be anything.

Is next week the season 7 final?

================================================================

May 13, 2013 3:43 pm  #365

^Yes it is. 

Another thing I was thinking of is, we hear the Doctor say "I'm going back on my own timeline", so what if he does that and gets River killed for good?

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

May 13, 2013 11:05 pm  #366

That's what I love about Doctor Who (and Sherlock) there are so many possibilties, they always keep you guessing!

May 14, 2013 6:57 am  #367

Oh  MY . saturday nites ep  was the BEST  one I've seen since he met Clara.   Why IS  Clara the impossible girl?  Finally   some things are coming out.   Next week's eps shud be a doozy.   The dr's name is gonna be revealed!!   or is that just a cliffhanger,  for us  to  wait until the actual 50th anniversary movie  to  come out>???   It's  gonna be the  SECRET  heard round the world, I bet!!!   And that little  girl--  wjho played her?  the credits rolled by so fast,  but she looked like one of the Mowry twins,  Tia and Tamera, remember them?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

May 14, 2013 11:25 am  #368

I know what you mean, she did look like the twins (either, since they are identical). Nice to hear from you Skitty. Miaow! 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 15, 2013 11:43 pm  #369

Apparently the actresses name is Eve de Leon Allen.

May 18, 2013 9:28 pm  #370

Finale. Tonight. Exciting. Timey-wimey. Doctors. Name. The impossible girl. Ah! Him!!

Sherlock reference: beekeeping.

May 18, 2013 9:30 pm  #371

Of course I had to explain the bee keeping reference to my non Sherlockian husband!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 19, 2013 4:40 am  #372

OK   I  have taped the episode  finale  but I  haven't watched it yet.   I  had a visitor  yesterday,  and she posed this question---"Could Clara actuallly BE  the TARDIS?"  

As River Song  would say,   "Spoilers,  sweetie!!"     

AAAAAHHHH!!!    She  is STILL   saying that!!!   Now we must wait till November 23rd   to  watch the 50th anniversary movie......  

OK   now what about them bees?   I  hate bees.   but tell me anyway. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

May 19, 2013 7:15 am  #373

How can you possibly hate bees?
The whol;e Eco system depends on them!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 19, 2013 7:35 am  #374

I'm actually a fan of those bees from that town in France; Effin.

Good bees those!

-m0r

May 19, 2013 4:50 pm  #375

Spoiler if you haven't seen it.

"Run you clever boy."  Loved that line from the Impossible Girl  .  She's really wonderful. Also loved the kiss with River and his line afterwards.  First tension then romance then tension-breaking-humor.  Those writers know how to do it. Big grin on my face.  Caught the bee reference, too.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

May 19, 2013 11:22 pm  #376

Loved the episode! What a great solution for Clara. Also raised so many more questions. Bring on the 50th!! Not sure what I'm meant to do with my Sunday nights now, reruns?

June 2, 2013 7:42 am  #377

Matt Smith has quit Doctor Who. He will appear in the 50th anniversary episode and the Christmas special but will not be in the 2014 series.

June 2, 2013 7:55 am  #378

No big surprise to me.
I like Dr Who and I love Matt, he's been my fave Doctor.
But he really is worth more than this, such a fine actor.
I thank him for his time and wish him all the best...
Can't wait to see his new projects.
Do we have a book on for 12?
Oh and the last comment is a joke, I don't gamble!

Last edited by besleybean (June 2, 2013 7:57 am)

June 2, 2013 8:33 am  #379

So gutted. Matt's a brilliant Doctor but he's suffered from bad scripts. I wanted him to stay for at least another year.

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

June 2, 2013 9:10 am  #380

Oh I think he's had fine scripts.
He has to move on when he thinks it's right for him.
I've loved his other work.

Board footera