BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 23, 2013 10:44 pm  #241

Re: Doctor Who

I personally wouldn't take this as gosepel, just yet!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 24, 2013 4:00 am  #242

Sparrow wrote:

Pfff I say it was worth it.

Seven.

Only 7 days

March 24, 2013 4:01 am  #243

God I hope he doesn't go. Matt is to good.

March 24, 2013 8:10 am  #244

Yes but I can understand it, if it does happen,....you know, I only just recognised 7!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 24, 2013 8:18 am  #245

besleybean wrote:

Yes but I can understand it, if it does happen,....you know, I only just recognised 7!

I understand it as well. But that just means he won't be on the tv as much.
Not long till it comes back on. I can't wait.

March 24, 2013 8:55 am  #246

Six

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

March 24, 2013 4:44 pm  #247

Sylvester McCoy! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 24, 2013 11:03 pm  #248

Sunday 7.30pm!!! Not too bad for Australia! Yay!! Finally something to look forward to on TV!!!

================================================================

March 25, 2013 3:03 am  #249

Awww.....  just wanted to say that's too cute/cleverly fun, thinking to count down with the doctors.  Too bad didn't catch when we were eleven days away!  ;D   Gonna have fun watching this....

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 25, 2013 3:48 am  #250

we get it on saturday march 30th.   Has anyone seen  the specials  revisiting each doctor?  It started in january  2013  with Hartnell,  and last month it was the 2nd dr.  So,  this month it's for the 3rd dr  but so far I haven't seen any listings.   I  love that you are counting down the days with the doctors.   I've got some research to do!!   (But I do know who the next doctor is in this line-up!!)  

Oh,  and if Matt IS  leaving,  BOO HOO!!!   I'm  just getting used to him,  and  I  LOVE  his new look!!   Yes  he's been there since 2010,   but still......

Ok  if they need a replacement,  they should get that young man who played Ron Weasley in the HP  films.   then the dr can be ginger!!  Or  Prince Harry....how about him? 

Last edited by sherlockskitty (March 25, 2013 3:49 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

March 25, 2013 4:33 am  #251

sherlockskitty wrote:

Oh,  and if Matt IS  leaving,  BOO HOO!!!   I'm  just getting used to him,  and  I  LOVE  his new look!!   Yes  he's been there since 2010,   but still......

Ok  if they need a replacement,  they should get that young man who played Ron Weasley in the HP  films.   then the dr can be ginger!!  Or  Prince Harry....how about him? 

I love Matt Smith as The Doctor. Could you imagine Prince Harry? HA! Prince The Doctor! I'd hate to see Matt go but I would love to see The Doctor's response to finding out he was ginger!

March 25, 2013 9:30 am  #252

@Russell & Skitty Thank you.

Five

As for Matt leaving, I'm not sure what to think. I remember seeing an interview with Moffat where he was asked how long will Matt be playing the Doctor. His answer was "forever". Who knows. As long as the next one can rise up to his standard, I'm okay with him leaving. I mean, he's great, but maybe someone else would be great as well. We'll see. 

Last edited by Sparrow (March 25, 2013 9:35 am)

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."

March 25, 2013 5:11 pm  #253

Sparrow wrote:

@Russell & Skitty Thank you.

Five

Awww.... that's great.  :D   As familiar as I am with knowing the past Doctors, I never watched a whole lot of them, so had no idea he actually snacked on his celery once...  (absolutely loved the 'Time Crash' special he did with Tennant, though...)     

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

March 25, 2013 5:23 pm  #254

I didn't watch the old series either. I tried, but I find it difficult to get past the First Doctor. The gap between this generation of television and that generation of television is too great and I find the old episodes very slow-paced. 

March 25, 2013 6:39 pm  #255

Sparrow wrote:

I didn't watch the old series either. I tried, but I find it difficult to get past the First Doctor. The gap between this generation of television and that generation of television is too great and I find the old episodes very slow-paced. 

Huh... yeah!  Find that interesting, cause I was similar.  Years ago, before the 'reboot', my ex and his small group of buddies were very into British shows and anime and stuff I had never really much aware of until then.  On weekends, PBS would often show re-runs of 'classic' eps (I think mostly from the 'favorite' Tom Baker's period, if remember right), Monty Python, and other old shows.  And frankly, I had trouble staying interested due to how... 'campy' they were?  Although I could kinda see why it was such a famous British thing, I was bored from having trouble following it.  They also had a copy of the one-off movie with the Eighth Doctor, and that was more intriguing.  But once the reboot came around, I curiously watched with the rest of the excited group and....  wow.  Super different, and instantly hooked.  ;D

March 25, 2013 7:52 pm  #256

Russell wrote:

Huh... yeah! Find that interesting, cause I was similar. Years ago, before the 'reboot', my ex and his small group of buddies were very into British shows and anime and stuff I had never really much aware of until then. On weekends, PBS would often show re-runs of 'classic' eps (I think mostly from the 'favorite' Tom Baker's period, if remember right), Monty Python, and other old shows. And frankly, I had trouble staying interested due to how... 'campy' they were? Although I could kinda see why it was such a famous British thing, I was bored from having trouble following it. They also had a copy of the one-off movie with the Eighth Doctor, and that was more intriguing. But once the reboot came around, I curiously watched with the rest of the excited group and.... wow. Super different, and instantly hooked. ;D

Yes. I blame it on the evolution of technology. The old series have a lot of "dead time" and that just drives me insane. Although, if I could only get to the 70' I think it would be much better. But I haven't even gotten through one season with the First Doctor. And I just can't skip, it makes me feel uneasy. 

March 25, 2013 11:18 pm  #257

When I first looked at Doctor Who I was a bit worried I'd have to watch my way through all the old ones first. Thankfully I could just jump into the new series! I would love to look back at the older series in time but I think I'll have the same problem as a lot of other people! Although I do like things like Monty Python which I guess is old now.

March 25, 2013 11:30 pm  #258

Michele wrote:

When I first looked at Doctor Who I was a bit worried I'd have to watch my way through all the old ones first. Thankfully I could just jump into the new series! I would love to look back at the older series in time but I think I'll have the same problem as a lot of other people! Although I do like things like Monty Python which I guess is old now.

When I was a kid i watched Doctor Who. Don't remember which Doctor though. The gap between now and the newer series is better. 

March 26, 2013 2:09 am  #259

Ma5dz wrote:

Michele wrote:

When I was a kid i watched Doctor Who. Don't remember which Doctor though. The gap between now and the newer series is better. 

My parents never exposed me to Doctor Who as a kid (a crime I know).
I guess some things age well and others don't. So you like the new series more?

March 26, 2013 5:49 am  #260

Four.

Board footera