BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 12, 2013 10:40 am  #41

Re: But then people do get so sentimental about their pets.

Haha, I know! When we spot Willi in our garden, we try to attract him "Willi, here, kitty kitty" and then he glimpse at us, as if he wasn't sure, whether he shall come or not. And if he does so, he's like: "Fair enough! But just because I'm merciful!"

Last edited by Mary Me (March 2, 2013 6:14 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 12, 2013 10:46 am  #42

In the year 2 000, a beautiful little Rottweiler called Turbo came into our lives. He was Babee's little brother & together they have been
my best friends and most fearless protectors on me & my children.
In quiet times, we always 'hold hands' and they let me tell them all I need to say & always gave me their 'licks' of approval.

He did his job well & today Babee & I said our goodbyes. I kept my promise & held his 'hand' till he found the rest he so deserves.

This little story always makes me smile and when the time comes, I will be inundated with happy kisses from several dear friends.

Please don't let this change the thread's tone in anyway, keep telling us all what rascals your pets can be.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

January 12, 2013 10:51 am  #43

kazza474 wrote:

In the year 2000, a beautiful little Rottweiler called Turbo came into our lives. He was Babee's little brother & together they have been my best friends and most fearless protectors on me & my children.
In quiet times, we always 'hold hands' and they let me tell them all I need to say & always gave me their 'licks' of approval. He did his job well & today Babee & I said our goodbyes. I kept my promise & held his 'hand' till he found the rest he so deserves 

My sympathies for the loss of your beloved friend. It's the hardest part of having pets, saying good-bye, but I believe with all my heart that we will all meet again someday in a better place.

January 12, 2013 10:54 am  #44

Oh, I'm so sorry for you 

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 12, 2013 11:13 am  #45

Mary Me wrote:

Haha, I know! When we spot Willi in our garden, we try to attract him "Willi, here, kitty kitty" and then he glimpse at us, as if he isn't sure, whether he should come or not. And if he do so, he's like: "Fair enough! But just because I'm merciful!"

In order not to let change the thread's tone (Kazza: ):

When Findus spots us in the garden, he comes immediately - because one of us might carry some food!
But he also tries to convince us to follow him outside because he wants to play (with a stick in summer, with snowballs in winter - I told you he's behaving like a dog sometimes? )

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 12, 2013 11:28 am  #46

I have an albino dwarf lion head bunny named Blizzard.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 12, 2013 12:43 pm  #47

Hope the bunny didn't get his name from his behaviour....

This is Findus when I'm watching Sherlock the fifth time:

January 12, 2013 12:46 pm  #48

Cats are my fave animals in the world!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 12, 2013 2:08 pm  #49

ancientsgate wrote:

equiraptor wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

Oh, look at the two pretty girls!  *loves*  Unusual name, Amber, for a gray kitty, lol. That gray color, in the cat world, is actually called blue, which I think is interesting. Anyway, those are lovely pictures; thanks so much for sharing with us.

Beautiful amber eyes, though.

Ah! You're right, I never thought of that. They really are amber-colored.

Yeah, I named her after the colour of her eyes  They can be very big and pleading when she wants something from us, so they deserved to get some credit
She actually responds to her name, too. And yes, the grey colour is called blue  It's a bit funny, but British Shorthairs exist in a colour called 'grey' too, and there's a little bit of a difference  Blue is a bit lighter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You look sad when you think he can't see you."

January 12, 2013 2:19 pm  #50

Mattlocked wrote:

Hope the bunny didn't get his name from his behaviour....

What a lovely picture

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 12, 2013 2:44 pm  #51

I love 'Findus' as a cat name Like the cartoon, right?
And the rainbow bridge story made me smile, too. It reminds me of the cat I had before Amber: Socks (all black, but white feet  ).
May he rest in peace, the fluffy little rascal!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 12, 2013 3:56 pm  #52

Right, the name is from the cartoon.
So it's actually a company's name, as old Pettson named his tomcat Findus as he found him in an empty box "Findus grüne Erbsen - 12 Dosen" - Findus green peas - 12 cans

http://www.buecher-magazin.de/rezensionen/hoerbuecher/jugend-und-kinder/wie-findus-zu-pettersson-kam

January 12, 2013 4:31 pm  #53

Haha, even though I used to watch the cartoons when I was younger, I didn't know that :D That's great!

January 12, 2013 4:56 pm  #54

Or Blizz for short? Besley?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 12, 2013 5:35 pm  #55

I often call her Bluebell!

January 12, 2013 6:29 pm  #56

besleybean wrote:

I often call her Bluebell!

That is genious  Pity that she probably doesn't glow in the dark

January 12, 2013 6:51 pm  #57

besleybean wrote:

I have an albino dwarf lion head bunny named Blizzard.

He sounds beautiful. My mom raised albino rabbits when I was a child. They weren't pets, though.  I still remember how I would look at their funny pink eyes and wonder about them.

January 12, 2013 6:53 pm  #58

Mattlocked wrote:

Awww, all curled up and keeping his nose warm, for sure. A cat rolled up like this is reeeeeaaaaally sleeping!

January 12, 2013 6:58 pm  #59

Sometimes I wonder if it's headaches. 

January 12, 2013 7:21 pm  #60

Mattlocked wrote:

Sometimes I wonder if it's headaches. 

Nope, just hedonism. heh  Did that send you to your English-German dictionary? I love that word, and it really applies to cats.

Board footera