BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 4, 2013 7:03 pm  #1

My first fanfic

I'm very excited because today I completed my first fanfic ever and my first story in English ever, so that's two firsts for me.

The idea is from the Alphabet Game thread. Mnemosyne mused about Sherlock having looked for a flatmate before but managed to drive them away quite soon. So I had a go.

Special thanks to Mnemosyne for giving me the idea, to Harriet for her critical eye and creative input, and to Davina for Britpicking and proofreading. I hope you enjoy it. 

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8874356/1/Flatmates-a-drama-in-three-acts

Last edited by SusiGo (January 4, 2013 7:18 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 4, 2013 7:46 pm  #2

Re: My first fanfic

I'm also excited    What a fine little drama this turned out to be 

Go. Read. (And discover Susi's great fanfiction.net nick)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 4, 2013 7:47 pm  #3

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 4, 2013 7:56 pm  #4

Loved it, Susi!

January 4, 2013 8:21 pm  #5

Wonderful, Susi!  What a lovely bunch of mollycoddles! Poor Sherlock...
(I half expected you to move in yourself...)
Oh - don't get me wrong (seems as if I'm worse than Molly Hooper on Christmas ) - I mean: For a change, Susi, for a change!

Last edited by tobeornot221b (January 4, 2013 8:28 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 4, 2013 8:32 pm  #6

Favorite quote: "I don't want soup, I want my liver back. Now."

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 4, 2013 8:35 pm  #7

Susi, the story is wonderful! I loved how the three guys were described - all nice in their own way, but could not possibly get along with Sherlock. Especially how Nigel, the first one ("I am caution personified") had absolutely no chance right from the beginning ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

January 4, 2013 8:47 pm  #8

Thank you so much, Tobe and QE.  Yes, maybe next time I'll give it a try. But I suppose I wouldn't manage to live up to his standards.

January 4, 2013 8:54 pm  #9

SusiGo wrote:

But I suppose I wouldn't manage to live up to his standards.

But you know what he likes, don't you? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 4, 2013 8:56 pm  #10

I am actually blushing.

This was a delightful read. Each one with a very distinct personality, lovely stuff!

I love how you have characterised Sherlock through his blunt, aromantic comments.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

January 4, 2013 9:02 pm  #11

tobeornot221b wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

But I suppose I wouldn't manage to live up to his standards.

But you know what he likes, don't you? 

Er, yes. 

Thank you so much, Mnemosyne. 

Last edited by SusiGo (January 4, 2013 9:02 pm)

January 5, 2013 12:42 pm  #12

Finally found this thread last night, printed the story and read it in bed.
Have not much to add to the others, I liked it very much.
Special fun for me was Sherlock's summery at the end of each act.

Also interesting was the reaction of the first guy. Sherlock acts so strange to him that he can't believe it at first and keeps thinking it's his ears or the "special humour" of Sherlock. 

I felt pitty for the second one. But then again - think it over: who really wants to have a flatmate who assails you with all his deepest private problems on the second day!? Boooh.... your name doesn't have to be Sherlock to dislike this. 

The third one seemed a bit gay to me.... cooking and flowers... talking about his "quite good-looking".... 
Maybe that's the reason why he managed 6 days? 
Okay, okay, maybe just a good cook from his heart...

Very vividly written, I could imagine exactly what's going on there!

More?

Last edited by Mattlocked (January 5, 2013 12:44 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 5, 2013 12:46 pm  #13

Thank you so much, Mattlocked. I had such fun writing this. If another idea pops up, I'll give it a try. 

I didn't make the third one intentionally gay but you're right. So it must have been the Johnlocker in me after all although it wasn't John. Poor Sherlock, he seems to have this effect on some men (and women). 

January 5, 2013 12:49 pm  #14

Here I had the feeling: Oh, now Susi's speaking.
Moved in today. Mr Holmes is a well-spoken and cultivated man. Tall, with dark curly hair worn a bit too long. Well-dressed, too. Nice suit, costs probably more than I earn in a month.

January 5, 2013 1:31 pm  #15

Mattlocked wrote:

Here I had the feeling: Oh, now Susi's speaking.
Moved in today. Mr Holmes is a well-spoken and cultivated man. Tall, with dark curly hair worn a bit too long. Well-dressed, too. Nice suit, costs probably more than I earn in a month.

My thoughts exactly, Mattlocked! I thought she was one of the applicants.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 5, 2013 1:52 pm  #16

Oh, am I so transparent?

January 5, 2013 7:09 pm  #17

Clapping hands and saying hurray!    I was wondering if our Forum professional author was going to write something for us - and so she did!  Very cute and funny Susi - and of course, impeccably written!  I loved the "I want my liver back, now" line also.  After reading about these three characters it made me yearn to see how you would write about John's first few days after moving in to 221B.  It seems the boys were quite comfortable with each other almost from the start; but it still would be rather fun to watch John adjust where the others could not.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 5, 2013 7:44 pm  #18

Thank you so much for your kind words, KP.  Well, now that's an idea. Maybe I'll give it a try someday. However, today I somehow lost some pages of my new book, must have been my mistake, and now I have to write them again.  And it's much harder to write in English than in German but I must say, I'm tempted. 

January 5, 2013 8:04 pm  #19

SusiGo wrote:

.....However, today I somehow lost some pages of my new book, must have been my mistake, and now I have to write them again.  ....

Now, how could that happen? Distracted? (My new fav. word, I think)
I know someone who could find them for you. But probably too boring. Forget it. 

January 5, 2013 8:06 pm  #20

Mr Holmes, please find the missing pages of my manuscript. DULL!
I have an idea how it happened and it's entirely my fault. Can't even blame the computer. 

Board footera