BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 31, 2013 9:57 pm  #101

Re: What does your username/signature/avatar say about you?

I've yet to think of something interesting to use as a signiture, but my username is pretty predictable.
Molly is one of my favourite characters and I just assumed Hooper would be taken. Was planning to have a username related to the Oneiroi/Nyx as pretty into that side of Greek Mythology, but here I am as Hooper...

August 1, 2013 3:54 am  #102

Well, my avatar and my signature usually reflect whatever I find interesting at the moment.  My signature changes more often than my avatar, because I have always loved sharing quotes- when I worked in an office, I put up a random quote everyday for everyone to come and see.  Books, movies, plays, music...I love them all.  Right now I'm on a bit of a Doctor Who kick, so I decided to change everything to reflect that.  This particular avatar is probably my favorite picture, because he's so bad a** in it, lol.  It's actually my current desktop theme, although I change that rather often, as well.

But always keep a look out for what my signature says now ;)

Last edited by sj4iy (August 1, 2013 3:55 am)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 1, 2013 8:29 am  #103

sj4iy wrote:

... Right now I'm on a bit of a Doctor Who kick, so I decided to change everything to reflect that.  This particular avatar is probably my favorite picture, because he's so bad a** in it, lol.  It's actually my current desktop theme, although I change that rather often, as well...

Re: your sig line Dr Who quote:
Think about who the little green guy in Star Wars was I had to. A long time it's been. Yoda.

August 1, 2013 12:50 pm  #104

I had to think a moment about the little green guy, too!

I forgot to mention my username.  It goes aaaaall the way back to 2000, when I started up a website about a new manga called Inu-Yasha, called "Sengoku Jidai" (hence sj4iy).  It went onto become one of the biggest fan sites until I closed it down in 2005.  My "little" foray into the world of webmasters.  I was quite proud that my one site used up over half of my university's bandwidth...which was about several hundred gigs a month XD Honestly can't believe I got away with that now.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 1, 2013 10:57 pm  #105

So. Many. New. Posts.

*Mental keyboard smash*

Chiblits: Language is never static, witness new words developing here folks! I too have a thing for eyes (I know, I hide my obsession so well you'd never guess, right? )

221BBakerStreet_ : Good find on the name!

Maggi13: Have you also noticed the Sherlock, Star Trek and Hobbit casts keep swapping cast members?

Sherlockian Always: It is not unusual to have greater empathy for antagonists than the heroes of stories. They are underdogs and often display a great amount of charisma and self confidence that is altogether very attractive (I can tell you now it is sometimes more fun to play the 'baddie' than it is to be the 'good guy' because of their depth and how you can behave in a really deviant way and feel justified in your actions.)

Jacco111: very nice quote

SherlocksSkull: Nothing wrong with skulls . And I agree, we can become embroiled in trivial things and petty gossip to the point where we lose sight of what is truly important.

Hooper: I picked mine on mythology but I considered a more 'on topic' username at one point. Oneiroi would have been nice (damn, wish I'd thought of that!)

sj4iy: I'll make sure to keep an eye on your sig!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

August 2, 2013 6:50 pm  #106

Mnemosyne your avatar and part of your signature aren't showing up for me.   

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 2, 2013 7:04 pm  #107

Really? I can perfectly see it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 2, 2013 7:24 pm  #108

Weird! It back again now!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 2, 2013 7:48 pm  #109

Hmm, well since I only joined a week or so ago (I think) I still don't have an avatar up yet but I'm hoping to get one pretty soon

As for my username, I mostly chose it because it's the same as my LJ so I could easily be found (if I started writing anything) but the reason I chose it is because a good friend of mine named me Feileacan because it means butterfly in Gaelic and one day while we were talking, I chased a white and silver(ish) butterfly through the woods. I wanted to see where it would go and impulsively followed it, lol. I got a bit lost but ended up on the other side of the woods and got rained on. It was an adventure, a wet, somewhat silly and careles adventure. It was fun. So Feileacan has kinda stuck with me. The word dark, is mostly because I like dark and often macabre things. So in effect, I'm like a dark  butterfly. Yeah, I know, it's kinda lame.

My signature is just two of my favorite quotes

"Look at you lot, you're all so vacant. Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing." ~SH

Not my division~ GL (after tumblr)

August 7, 2013 9:30 pm  #110

Username.
I'm a huge fantasy fan and I spend a lot of my time on the Internet. While I was reading one Tolkien's forum I found topic about names in languages created by Tolkien. I found out that Marta would be in quenya:Marheri and I really like the way it  looks and sounds. I often use it for nicknames/usernames/logins.

My favourite character is John and I love rain,so it's not surprising that when I found that picture I had to choose it for my avatar to this forum.

Signature.
My signature contains of one quote (it can change) about which I'm thinking/writing in particular period of time and photo collage, made by me. There are three photos from Sherlock and lyrics from song In two minds performing by Riverside, one of the best and well-known Polish groups nowadays.
Words really suit John and Sherlock's relationship. 

Last edited by Marheri (August 7, 2013 9:33 pm)

Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.

August 8, 2013 12:36 am  #111

My avatar is Sherlock, and my signature is a Moriarty quote.
Sorry guys, but Moriarty is my favourite character. He won my heart when he started playing The Thieving Magpie Overture (I'm very obsessed with A Clockwork Orange).
What a sad fate he has, though...

My avatar and signature say that I'm a fan of Sherlock.

My username just says that I like to find random words and try to form funny names with those words.

Last edited by DitzyDamnDaffy (August 10, 2013 1:15 am)

"Partita No. 1. Thank you, Johann Sebastian Bach."

August 10, 2013 1:12 am  #112

Username:
I loved that scene with John at the graveyard (don't we all?) and so his words "One more miracle" were brought to mind when I registered.

Because it relates to my username, and because that look seems to say that Sherlock understood just then what he had put John through.

Signature:
It changes a lot, but mine right now are all things that come from my casebook, but also are in the films too. I think it's time to change it soon. So if you read this and it doesn't make any sense at all, it because I've changed it. ;)

Last edited by OneMoreMiracle (August 10, 2013 1:13 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm not a hero. I'm a high functioning sociapath! MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

~Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

"Hello, little brother. Enjoying your exile?"

"I've only been gone four minutes!"

~Mycroft and Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

August 16, 2013 7:02 pm  #113

My username means that I'm also a huge U2 fan,especially fan of the guitarist The Edge,hence I'm Edgeucated.

August 16, 2013 7:32 pm  #114

Ahhh, clever! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 17, 2013 11:56 pm  #115

Feels strange to answer "oldish" threads, but then - it's late in the night, and I am bored ;)

Nothing interesting about my name - I watched Hounds, and then I found this forum, and there was this Sherlock voice in my head saying "that's not cheating, that's listening" again and again and I didn't feel like thinking about a proper clever name with loads of meaning so I thought "Whisky it is". I'm not even sure I like terriers that much. Boring story.

Well, avatar... that's just my favourite Sherlock expression there. The expression just sums it up for me, everything that Sherlock is, or isn't. Of all Sherlock moments, this one in ASiP truly intrigued me. I feel like his whole character his truly on display there, not only aspects of it.

Well, signature... might change, there are so many awesome lines that need quoting. But well, this one - I do get bored easily. I just can relate.

"It is what it is."

October 18, 2013 3:21 am  #116

Whisky wrote:

Feels strange to answer "oldish" threads, but then - it's late in the night, and I am bored ;) 

Whisky, what does NRW mean after Germany in your location information? Thanks.

October 18, 2013 3:34 am  #117

leoninechelle:

leonine - refers to my astrological sign, my golden eyes, and my affinity for the feline variety.
chelle - well, that's me.  

avatar - a hunting lioness... a lovely metaphor for my demeanor, in every possible way that reference can be implied. ;)

Last edited by leoninechelle (October 18, 2013 3:35 am)

"His name is Joshua.  It's from the Bible.  It means deliverance."

"No it isn't."

*curious look*

"I speak Horse.  His name is Susan, and he'd like you to accept his life choices."

October 18, 2013 4:16 am  #118

ancientsgate wrote:

Whisky wrote:

Whisky, what does NRW mean after Germany in your location information? Thanks.

NRW means North Rhine-Westphalia, in the west of Germany.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 18, 2013 8:53 pm  #119

Mnemosyne wrote:

So. Many. New. Posts.

Maggi13: Have you also noticed the Sherlock, Star Trek and Hobbit casts keep swapping cast members?

Yes, so many things to love :-) I am so happy for everyone, Martin and Benendict deserve this so much :-) But how do we get Simon Pegg on Sherlock? 

October 21, 2013 2:29 pm  #120

Maybe it's a bit late for telling you this but I think  it was a good idea to make this thread!

Username
My username is a crossover between my hobby (playing concert flute) and my obsession (what was it?.......er.....um.....oh! Yes, I think it's SHERLOCK )

My current avatar is a picture of (from?) a beach in Ireland from our last holidays.
I really love this country,  it's so beautiful...

Signatur
The current line 'That...was amazing. ' was my first favourite line.
Now they change very often but this was the first that really kept in my mind.

Board footera