BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 1, 2013 6:24 pm  #1

Sherlock Jeopardy!

Hello my little Sherlockian friends all over the World. I thought that a New Year should herald (like the angels) a new Sherlockian game. Oooo! I can hear you cry...how exciting!

Are you sitting/lying/thudding comfortably? Then I shall begin...

It is like jeopardy. Someone gives a Sherlock/Sherlock Holmes related answer to which someone else must give a correct question. If that is correct the person giving the correct question gives another answer and someone else tries to give a correct question. Confusing? Hope not but you know us...if it is possible to get confused eh...

I will start us off with a nice little answer to which one of you geniuses can work out a question:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 1, 2013 6:28 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock Jeopardy!

Great idea, Davina. I once was a candidate on German Jeopardy. 

Q: On which number does the counter of John's blog get stuck?

A: The crutch.

(I don't know why on Google I only got results for crotch ).

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 1, 2013 7:43 pm  #3

I just got ridiculously excited that someone had a go at this. Were  you really Susi? How did you do? The crotch thing is funny...I think whoever in charge of Google search has a bit of a dirty mind! Lol!

Someone else have a go at Susi's answer/question thingy! See above...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 1, 2013 8:11 pm  #4

Q: The Queen's favourite case on John's blog is about an all-aluminium item. What is it?

A:  Colombia.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 1, 2013 8:56 pm  #5

Davina wrote:

I just got ridiculously excited that someone had a go at this. Were  you really Susi? How did you do? The crotch thing is funny...I think whoever in charge of Google search has a bit of a dirty mind! Lol!

Someone else have a go at Susi's answer/question thingy! See above...

Sorry for getting OT: I won twice and the third time I got a trip to Vienna as "consolation prize". The money I used to pay off my student loan. 

Q: Where did Ian Monkford disappear to?

A: Seven.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 1, 2013 9:19 pm  #6

Q: Before which time there is no need for Sherlock to leave the flat?

A: Twice

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 2, 2013 11:30 am  #7

Q. How many times did Irene Adler say she would have Sherlock...begging for mercy?

A. Riding crop

January 2, 2013 11:44 am  #8

Q: What did Sherlock leave in the mortuary?

A: Pirate.

January 2, 2013 1:07 pm  #9

Q: What wanted Sherlock to be when he was a child?

A: Not his date. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 2, 2013 6:49 pm  #10

Q:   Who is John,  at the Italian restaurant?

A:   England would fall.

January 2, 2013 7:03 pm  #11

Q: What would happen if Mrs Hudson left 221B?

A: Don't commit suicide.

January 2, 2013 7:33 pm  #12

Q: What is Lestrade's universal remedy for not falling victim to the serial killer?

A:  57?

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 2, 2013 10:56 pm  #13

Q:  How many texts did Irene send Sherlock?

A:  243

January 3, 2013 12:03 pm  #14

Q. How many different types of tobacco ash did Sherlock analyse?

A. Rachel

January 3, 2013 12:10 pm  #15

Q: What was Jennifer Wilson's Password on MePhone?

A: Paprika

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

January 9, 2013 1:00 pm  #16

Can you give us a clue Moll? The only link I can find is the Japanese anime film of that name. Am I getting warm?

January 15, 2013 12:19 pm  #17

Not at all, Davina, sorry. I'm now slightly worried that my question was a dud. If I'm correct then it's from Study in Pink.

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

January 15, 2013 1:31 pm  #18

Maybe another tiny clue … 

January 15, 2013 5:56 pm  #19

Study in Pink? Hmm...I've watched it at least five times but I haven't the faintest...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 15, 2013 8:34 pm  #20

I even Googled Sherlock and SiP and goulash but I couldn't find any paprika. 

Board footera