BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 31, 2012 3:21 pm  #1

New Years Resolutions

What are your plans, goals, targets, dreams etc for the New Year?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 31, 2012 4:05 pm  #2

Re: New Years Resolutions

What I hope for: health, creativity, that my daughter will pass her A-levels and will be safe and happy when she travels to Australia in autumn, that the people I love and like stay healthy and happy, more peace and mindfulness for everyone.
And season 3. A modest wish, IMO. Do the Assange, Benedict, then dye your hair asap and get going. 

What I plan: to meet some of the wonderful people on this forum in March in London.  To write more funny things. To grow my hair still a bit longer.

Wishing you a Sherlocked New Year!

Last edited by SusiGo (December 31, 2012 4:09 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 31, 2012 4:59 pm  #3

My goal is to start exercising again. I was doing well for so long, but then got sick and fell off the wagon. The holidays haven't helped with the weight issue, so once the new years starts, I will begin again and want to get healthy and look fantastic and come spring/summer.

I also made some financial changes late this year that I hope to continue into the new year, hoping for more financial stability and freedom.

My dream would be to travel to London. Or Ireland. Preferably, both.    And maybe throw in Scotland, since it's so close by. 

And I pray that my country's leaders find their humanity and common sense. And, that its citizens live peacefully and compassionately.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 31, 2012 5:20 pm  #4

Plans, goals and dreams for 2013:
Spend as much time as possible with my granddaughter 
Don't let the stress of my work get the better of me, i.e take time to smell the roses 
Pay off a loan I took out for house renovations 
Eat better and get on the treadmill every day 
Loose weight by the London trip so my new friends won't think I'm a gluttonous, unhealthy American. 
Become an extra in a crowd scene in 'Sherlock' when visiting London 
And I wish for the Moftiss to write the best reunion scene ever in the history of TV for John and Sherlock in S3, E1. I don't care what it is, as long as it makes me cry - and not out of anger and frustration either, those bastards! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

December 31, 2012 6:35 pm  #5

I'm still putting together my resolutions. Maybe I should put "get over procrastination" on it. My main goals for the year are to wake up earlier and to start running, so we'll see how that goes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

December 31, 2012 7:30 pm  #6

I have no resolutions at all. It's easier that way 

I wish you all a Happy New Year!!!

3 1/2 hours to go...have to leave now 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 1, 2013 12:03 am  #7

watching the London fireworks online….   HAPPY NEW YEAR all!!!!!

January 1, 2013 3:55 am  #8

Our fandom is going to be divided between years for little bit. I still have 4 hours(!) till midnight, but I'm not going to be staying up because I have to be up and going to see The Hobbit again tomorrow.  Happy New Year to all of you and hope you have a great, totally Sherlocked year! WE GET A NEW SEASON! That's going to be the highlight of my year.

So on another note, what was the highlight of YOUR 2012?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

January 1, 2013 4:29 pm  #9

Happy New Year, everyone!

January 1, 2013 4:30 pm  #10

horserider99 wrote:

Our fandom is going to be divided between years for little bit. I still have 4 hours(!) till midnight, but I'm not going to be staying up because I have to be up and going to see The Hobbit again tomorrow.  Happy New Year to all of you and hope you have a great, totally Sherlocked year! WE GET A NEW SEASON! That's going to be the highlight of my year.

So on another note, what was the highlight of YOUR 2012?

What was yours?

January 1, 2013 6:29 pm  #11

harleyq wrote:

My goal is to start exercising again. I was doing well for so long, but then got sick and fell off the wagon. The holidays haven't helped with the weight issue, so once the new years starts, I will begin again and want to get healthy and look fantastic and come spring/summer.

I also made some financial changes late this year that I hope to continue into the new year, hoping for more financial stability and freedom.

My dream would be to travel to London. Or Ireland. Preferably, both.    And maybe throw in Scotland, since it's so close by. 

And I pray that my country's leaders find their humanity and common sense. And, that its citizens live peacefully and compassionately.

Ohh Ireland. How lovely would it be to travel there again. Years ago I was there. It was great... And I want to go again. *sigh* I would LOVE to.

For me there were a lot of highlights in 2012. One of them, of course, got Sherlocked, what was... good. great. And the reason why I'm as crazy as I am now. But it was a highlight, of course...
Others... Hmh, let me think... That I was able to get a few good results in exams so I passed the second term. Our housekeeping-course (3 weeks) with lelli was a highlight, too. And the holidays in Spain, once again just great. There were a lot of highlights, thinking about it now... 
And I'm sure 2013 will bring other ones then, too. At least I hope so! 

Last edited by pitagor (January 1, 2013 6:30 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

«Oh! How? What does that matter? So we go 'round the sun. If we went 'round the moon or round and round the garden like a teddy bear it wouldn't make any difference. All that matters to me is the work. Without that my brain rots. Put that in your blog. Or better still, stop inflicting your opinions on the world»

December 7, 2014 9:42 pm  #12

Last year I had a bright idea for a New Years Resolution...

Every year I carefully pick the first song I hear in the new year, and the last couple of years it has been Don't Stop Till You Get Enough by Michael Jackson, because I've always been way too careful and too afraid to take chances... 

So last years resolution was to say 'Yes' to everything for an entire year... and I can say I've stuck to it. 
It has actually gotten me out of my shell a lot, I grew a lot I feel... I had a lot of great experiences! 
Usually I would have been scared to become PA to the Irish performers at the Eurovision Song Contest here in Denmark... but I did it, and I had a BLAST, something I will never forget... 

On the downside I also met a man who tore me to pieces... he really took advantage of my inability to say 'no'... and that was the one time I did finally break the resolution when I told him I could no longer stand what he got me into... 

but another plus side is... I met a really great guy online... usually on that chat site I would never give my email, but remembering my resolution I did... and we have emailed most days for 4 months now... and I have a feeling I will always know him one way or the other. The resolution also came into place when we had our falling out and I gave him another chance after he sought mental help. 

I am thinking about continuing the resolution next year in a modified version... adding a clause saying "Does not apply in dangerous situations to physical or mental health"

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (December 7, 2014 9:44 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 10, 2014 10:38 pm  #13

A very good addition, Phantom! Important.. one resolution of mine is a bit similar, to be more positive in the coming year!

Another one is to continue the changes in my diet I started this year.. I cut caffeine almost completely and meat around 80%, and plan to reduce it even more while still maintaining a healthy and balanced nutrition.. the next thing to be drastically reduced is sugar! It doesn't do me any good..

Then I plan to take driving lessons again.. I'm really afraid of driving as three friends of mine were seriously hurt in different car accidents, and I had some dangerous situations myself.. So this one won't be easy for me! But not being able to drive starts to feel really limiting, so I plan to change it next year.

A highlight will certainly be to see Hamlet.. 

Last edited by Zatoichi (December 10, 2014 10:43 pm)

December 11, 2014 12:51 pm  #14

The best thing I've ever read about New Year's resolutions is this from Sean Patrick Flanery's blog 'Shine Until Tomorrow.'. Blunt, it is. True, it also is!

http://www.shineuntiltomorrow.com/sean-patrick-flanery/top-5-reasons-new-years-resolutions-fail/

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 11, 2014 6:21 pm  #15

In my defence, although I'm a total Grinch about Xmas, I do love New Year.
Not that I drink, but it's the fresh start thing I like.
My resolution is always the same...to lose weight..tho I miserably failed this year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera