BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 30, 2012 9:47 pm  #1

And that's how I ended up here!

Hello everyone,
I'm a freshman studying software engineering,and being a total book person,sherlock has been a big part of my life since I was a kid.
I watched all the episodes of BBC Sherlock in two days about a month ago, thinking "It's not that big of a deal" and honestly I'm still not able to get it out of my head.
I've followed this forum for some time and finally decided to join because honestly, the waiting for season 3 is driving me crazy (as I'm sure does to a lot of you). Almost none of the people around me watched sherlock and the few who did were not willing to discuss about it.

Also,I want to apologize beforehand for my poor English and any grammatical error I will make.English is not my native language.

December 30, 2012 9:52 pm  #2

Re: And that's how I ended up here!

Hi, immortal. Your English's very good and we have a lot of members that aren't native speakers. Welcome and have fun! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 30, 2012 9:54 pm  #3

immortal wrote:

Hello everyone,
I'm a freshman studying software engineering,and being a total book person,sherlock has been a big part of my life since I was a kid.
I watched all the episodes of BBC Sherlock in two days about a month ago, thinking "It's not that big of a deal" and honestly I'm still not able to get it out of my head.
I've followed this forum for some time and finally decided to join because honestly, the waiting for season 3 is driving me crazy (as I'm sure does to a lot of you). Almost none of the people around me watched sherlock and the few who did were not willing to discuss about it.

Also,I want to apologize beforehand for my poor English and any grammatical error I will make.English is not my native language.

Welcome!  Your English is fine and we are not grading your grammar anyway.  I have deduced you are quite intelligent because you study software engineering, think about Sherlock a lot,and want to discuss it. You have come to the right place!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard Brook is Make Believe!

December 30, 2012 9:59 pm  #4

Hi, warm welcome from me as well! Enjoy being here 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 30, 2012 10:10 pm  #5

welcome to the forum!!   I  too  don't like waiting.  they've now said filming for season 3 won't begin till March 2013.  So  now we have to wait a bit more.   This forum helps us to not mind it so much.   I  like your username.  It's great you're studying software engineering.  I hope I can ask you a question about that, now and then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

December 30, 2012 10:30 pm  #6

Thank you all!

sherlockskitty wrote:

It's great you're studying software engineering.  I hope I can ask you a question about that, now and then.

Of course, feel free to ask anything! Anything except the code for all the locks! you could ask the maybe dead Moriarty about that ;)

December 31, 2012 6:59 am  #7

Hello and welcome to the forum. Hooked by Sherlock eh? Come and join the rest of us little fishes m'dear.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 31, 2012 3:20 pm  #8

Hey there, nice to meet you and glad you could join us!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 31, 2012 4:24 pm  #9

A warm welcome from me too!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

Board footera