BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 27, 2013 6:07 pm  #61

Re: My Sherlockian presents

You gave enough details when you mentioned that you had Mycroft with chocolate chips and cream ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 27, 2013 6:13 pm  #62

You're right, of course!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 27, 2013 6:48 pm  #63

My mum ordered Cabin Pressure 4 for me at a book store, but it wasn't delivered. I'll have to buy it from amazon then.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

December 28, 2013 5:04 pm  #64

Also my brother's girlfriend drew me a picture of BC as Sherlock and put in a frame for me. It's lovely. 

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

December 28, 2013 7:20 pm  #65

Other thatn my usual Sherlock calendar and I know this isn't Sherlockian, but my daughter got me an Eleven sonic screwdriver!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 28, 2013 11:23 pm  #66

Absolutely nothing Sherlockian from my lot...so I am going to make myself something!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 29, 2013 11:08 pm  #67

My parents ordered me the special limited edition Series 1-3 DVD release which comes out at the end of January. They wrapped up the BBC order slip in wrapping paper. It was the best!!

That was my main present. I also got the Sherlock 2014 calendar, another film for my ever increasing SH DVD collection - The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother - and a WikiLeaks book.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 1, 2014 5:06 pm  #68

I have just recieved some belated christmas presents from my aunt and uncle including this lovely bracelet and a box of nerds... I wonder if there's a hidden message there.... 

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

January 2, 2014 9:20 am  #69

Good one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 2, 2014 1:06 pm  #70

Well, well, well... looks like we've all been spoiled, haven't we? 

Those little crocheted sherlocks cracked me up 

My brother got me that book I had asked for: 

I love it! It's a collection of 150 riddles/puzzles (from easy ones not so easy to "diabolical" ones), written by John's POV. That gives your brain a nice training and the book is beautifully illustrated. 

My mother offered me this doll (found the pic on the internet, it's not mine): 

It comes from Detective Conan. I have never read that manga/watched that anime, but I was touched that she tried to find a Sherlock related gift. 

She also got me Third Star / Parade's end/ The last enemy DVDs, but unfortunately for her, I already had them all. But again, I really appreciate she tried to find things related to Sherlock/Benedict: proves she knows me well and that she put effort in finding personalised gifts.

Not Sherlock-related but Martin-related, a friend got me  The Office complete series DVD. I've never watched an episode, but I've seen several extracts and it sounded funny. 

And then I got myself presents too though I won't get them now. Pre-ordered the Sherlock limited box and the mug from BBC shop. 

Just like old times...

December 25, 2014 11:56 am  #71

Time to revive this thread, guys. I'm sure many of you have been given some Sherlockian Christmas presents this year.

I got the Sherlock 2015 calendar, a hardback copy of the Sherlock Chronicles...and these amazing cushions:

Also, not entirely Sherlock related but almost...my girlfriend gave me this Bilbo sword. It's an actual real sword as well, not the toy, it has a proper blade. It's so cool, omg:

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 25, 2014 12:00 pm  #72

Wow, how cool presents!

My boyfriend gave me all three seasons of Sherlock on Blu-Ray, special edition. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 25, 2014 12:20 pm  #73

I got the Sherlock calendar, a wallpaper mousepad, a smiley button, CP Zurich on CD (in January), and the TIG soundtrack. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 25, 2014 1:52 pm  #74

We're a bit naughty in our household and tend to buy things through the year, as soon as they are available!
So nodding in approval to The Chronicles, The spec.ed dvd/blu ray combo and the Sherlock calendar,which I already have!
I didn't get anything Sherlockian today.
My daughter bought me a mini version of the no 11 Doctor screwdriver, having bought me the full version last year.
God Boss, Bilbo's sword is amazing.

Last edited by besleybean (December 25, 2014 2:00 pm)

December 25, 2014 4:28 pm  #75

My Christmas was filled with Sherlock Goodness and was Benedictful!!

I got all three seasons of Sherlock as well as Parade's End, Wreckers and To the Ends of the Earth.

I couldn't be happier! 

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

December 25, 2014 4:36 pm  #76

Happy viewing!

December 26, 2014 11:22 pm  #77

Awesome!   So I'm sorely behind on catching up on many of Ben's older works, some harder to simply find a copy to rent/borrow instead of buying it all, but a sweet relative was paying attention to my wishlist!  Got the Parade's End dvd.    Holy cow that sword is awesome, though!     (super amusing and cool at the same time, all the replica stuff you can buy from that movie.  including a 'letter opener' version of his sword)  ;D

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 28, 2014 12:26 pm  #78

This Christmas, my brother gave me a hardback copy of Sherlock Chronicles and the 2015 Benedict Calender. Yesterday, my cousin gave me a big stone which has a brilliant coloured drawing of BC as Sherlock on the front and on the back it says in lovely writing, "My name is Sherlock Holmes and it my business to know what people don't know." My cousin had it made especially for me. My family know me well. I'm very happy!

Last edited by Bronte89 (May 2, 2015 8:34 pm)

December 28, 2014 12:38 pm  #79

Good stuff and you will really enjoy The Chronicles.

December 28, 2014 1:23 pm  #80

besleybean wrote:

Good stuff and you will really enjoy The Chronicles.

I'm sure I will.

Board footera