BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 20, 2013 3:15 am  #41

Re: Benedict Cumberbatch on the future of Sherlock

He was charming anyway as he back-pedalled a bit on his Series 4 possibility comment:

-Mark texted me the minute it broke and said "well it's news to me, dear"-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1B1svmVOvs   (around minute 3:21)

March 24, 2013 2:06 pm  #42

Re: Benedict Cumberbatch on the future of Sherlock

Well I hope he does continue, and I hope Sherlock continues for as long as possible. The great thing about the books is that Holmes and Watson do age so there is really no reason why this could not be a pick up put down thing for years.

I also think that the way they are filming it is clever. It means neither the actors nor the crew are  locked into this to the detriment of the rest of the career, and that if filming schedules can't be worked out then that's how it is, the fans have to wait a little longer. Unlike, say , Dr Who where we basically now expect a series of some kind each year and a Christmas special. Although its infuriating to wait so long between series' it does mean that hopefully there's no final limit on how long the show can continue to be made for.

ETA somehow I also find it hopeful that the guys behind it have grown up with and write for Dr Who which is an incredibly long running series. It would be awesome to see Sherlock in 2043! And consistent with canon-he must have been around 70 in his last adventure.

Last edited by beekeeper (March 24, 2013 2:10 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville

Board footera