BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 18, 2012 10:05 pm  #1

Anyone Have a good, unsolved mystery?

I want to solve good, moderately hard cases like Sherlock, but the only ones I can find are Two Minute Mysteries or easy kid ones. Does anyone have a good mystery website or a personal case or anything that would take a few days to solve? I can't promise I will actually solve them but I would like to give it a try! Thanks!

Last edited by SkieHolmes221b (December 18, 2012 10:05 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SH

December 18, 2012 10:13 pm  #2

Re: Anyone Have a good, unsolved mystery?

You might enjoy taking part, or at least watching, this one unravel as it takes all different types of intelligence to unmask these generally.

Well worth a go if you fancy a genuinely enriching, and certainly fancy, show of mystery.

I'd put aside 6 months for it though, not that it can't be cracked sooner - just that they generally tend to be complicated enough to build enough hype up to maximise their purpose.

I hope you like it!

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

December 21, 2012 4:06 pm  #3

Skie

When it comes to puzzles, Moriarty here doesn't like anyone working on crime puzzles.

He sent you off in the opposite direction............. for 6 months. On top of it you personally thanked him.

HS

Last edited by Holmes Sherlock (December 22, 2012 8:03 am)

The name's Holmes Sherlock, and the address is Baker Street 221B

December 21, 2012 9:06 pm  #4

I knew something was up with that site. *facepalm*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SH

December 24, 2012 10:29 pm  #5

I'm confused, I went n that site and it looks legit, anybody have answers? I am not a Trekkie, so it probably
Y makes no sense for just that reason...but still

"That's what people DO!"

December 25, 2012 7:07 pm  #6

Moriarty wrote:

I'm confused, I went n that site and it looks legit, anybody have answers?

Well, my fully alphabetic counterpart; I can assure you that it is legit, in it's infancy and bound to be enjoyable.

If this is your first ARG then you'll likely be amazed as to how far it can go.

Have a peek and see how convoluted the mystery can be.

Just now it's just about getting people interested, soon it'll be massive.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

December 25, 2012 9:19 pm  #7

Now this sounds intriguing.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera