BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 22, 2012 12:43 pm  #61

Re: Sherlocked Christmas carols (formerly Twelve Days of Sherlock)

The Skull wrote:

I'm pretty sure there were five- like the five orange pips?
There was the first lady in her car, the guy standing out on the street (who apparently was standing there for several hours without anyone noticing anything strange), the blind lady who tried to describe Moriarty's voice, the kid, and then John at the pool.

Oh, duh.... right, I was forgetting poor John (ha, I know, how could I?!), since he didn't actually have a corresponding 'game'/test like the others I was running down in head.  Danke.  Heh... although frankly, I'm not certain rather have the 'pips' (even though they denote impending danger) or 'letters', than those 'vests'....     

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 22, 2012 1:18 pm  #62

*insert joke about seeing but not observing here*
Would "6 episodes" (not including the Pilot) count or does it have to be something IN the show?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "It's this or Cluedo."
John: "Ah, no. We are never playing that again."
Sherlock: "Why not?"
John: "Because it's not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock!"

December 22, 2012 3:11 pm  #63

Six episodes works for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're not good, you're not bad
You're just nice

I'm not good, I'm not nice
I'm just right
I'm the witch
You're the world" - The Witch, Into the Woods

December 22, 2012 3:14 pm  #64

All right then.
On the sixth day of Christmas, Sherlock gave to me:
6 episodes
5 semtex bombs
4 party guests
3 I.O.Us
2 painted ciphers
And a cup with drugged sugar and tea!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Because it's not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock!"

December 23, 2012 1:07 am  #65

The Skull wrote:

*insert joke about seeing but not observing here*
Would "6 episodes" (not including the Pilot) count or does it have to be something IN the show?

Oh... pttttph...  *pokes with a smirk*  I know.  I know!  Me just dense today...  ;P   You would say I observed, but didn't register it in my mind at the moment of that comment, because the 'attic' has leaks...  ;p     Heh.

And man... that's gonna get hard with the higher numbers.  Even considered ransacking 'John's blog' that's up for details on stories, or trying to remember simple 'instances' of an action happening rather than objects, but they were all in the low numbers.  I'm afraid I have nothing good to contribute at the moment, although was pleasantly surprised I did recall something for '12'... now just gotta wait for it!  C'mon clever people.... 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 25, 2012 10:59 am  #66

I found a brilliant one on Tumblr earlier: http://bro-tatoes.tumblr.com/post/36965965397/dashing-through-the-street-to-chase-a-random-cab
And I think I've got the next verse of "Twelve Days":
On the seventh day of Christmas, Sherlock gave to me:
a 7 percent solution
(barely referenced in the show, but it is there!)
6 episodes
5 semtex bombs!
4 party guests
3 I.O.Us
2 painted ciphers
and a cup with drugged sugar and tea!

Last edited by The Skull (December 25, 2012 11:01 am)

December 25, 2012 11:36 am  #67

Oh, the Jingle Bells thing is great. 
I have no idea for 8 at the moment, but let me think.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 29, 2012 3:59 am  #68

I know Christmas has happened already, but we don't have to stop writing! We still need something for verse 8 of "Twelve Days of Sherlock", and we could start doing non-christmas songs if we run out of ideas? (Personally, I've had "White Christmas" stuck in my head for a week, but I don't know it very well. All I've got is the first two lines and part of the last one, like so:
"I'm dreaming of a nice murder
Just like the ones I used to solve
...And may all your homicides be _______")
Ideas? Anyone?

Board footera