BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 18, 2013 8:50 pm  #121

Re: London Board Meet Up (Monday 25th March 2013)

Mattlocked, we could also stick a picture of you to the phone booth at Bart's, the wall at Skaters Park, a London cab - whereever you like ("Mattlocked believes in Sherlock" or other meaningful notes), and take a photo of it. It will feel like you have been there personally. I'd be happy to be of service to you. Just tell me and I'll do it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 18, 2013 8:51 pm  #122

Oh, that could be fun!!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 18, 2013 8:52 pm  #123

yes, mattlocked, just tell us and we'll do it. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 18, 2013 9:07 pm  #124

Are you serious? I don't know.
Sounds very funny though.

March 18, 2013 9:09 pm  #125

Why not? As long as we don't have to find Benedict for you - which we'd love to do but might be difficult. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 18, 2013 9:18 pm  #126

For me. Ha Ha!    What a sacrifice.

March 18, 2013 9:21 pm  #127

Yes. 

March 18, 2013 9:33 pm  #128

Oh, they will be SO happy to see you camping there! 

March 18, 2013 9:35 pm  #129

Sorry, but they won't be happy. And neither would be my family who's with me in London. 

March 18, 2013 9:39 pm  #130

A wonderful dream for some - a nightmare for others. 

Reminds me of: Good night! 

March 18, 2013 11:24 pm  #131

SherlockHound wrote:

I have a crazy idea... how about we all jam into my car at the end and drive to Cardiff so we can camp outside of BBC studios in a hope of spotting Moftiss, or Benedict and Martin? :D

Oh Hound, if only there was really time to do that - I'd be the first one in the car! 

Announced at my church yesterday that I was off to London in pursuit of Sherlock Holmes.  Everyone thought that was great and a few people came up to me and told me they love the show too - not as obsessed as I am, but still fans.

Also had a message from a Board member, The Doctor, from Australia who also might be able to join us next Monday.  Well, there goes my prize for traveling the longest distance! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

March 18, 2013 11:57 pm  #132

In a turn of extraordinary events, the longest distance award will indeed go me 

I just booked accommodation in Earl's Court (because that's where Aussies go, apparently) as I will be in London on a stop-over for just a few hours!

March 18, 2013 11:58 pm  #133

(ah, trust a tired doctor to create interesting phrases anyday!)

March 19, 2013 6:15 am  #134

Doctor, that's amazing! May I quote you, KP?
"Do Ben, Martin and the Mofftiss realize how they are bringing the world together?"
We should write them a good old fashioned postcard on Monday with all our names on it...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 19, 2013 7:06 am  #135

tobeornot221b wrote:

Doctor, that's amazing! May I quote you, KP?
"Do Ben, Martin and the Mofftiss realize how they are bringing the world together?"
We should write them a good old fashioned postcard on Monday with all our names on it...

And one for me! 
btw: Do you all have your "I believe in Sherlock Holmes" signes prepared?

Last edited by Mattlocked (March 19, 2013 7:07 am)

March 19, 2013 7:28 am  #136

Great idea with the postcard. Or a big poster - how many are we be now? 

March 19, 2013 7:34 am  #137

Mine is really very heavy and a bit awkward to carry around...and it attracts attention of course, especially when I start talking to it.

EDIT: I'm talking about skulls here...I might still bring my riding crop though.

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes (March 19, 2013 7:57 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 19, 2013 4:44 pm  #138

Aww I wish you all the best for next Monday 
I'll think of you when I'm laying in the snow and enjoy the sun then

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 19, 2013 7:56 pm  #139

OK...I've been working on a plan, and I now know where we'll be going to on the tour...which I will keep a mystery to you for the time being.

Meet at Speedy's for 11:30am-12pm. We'll stay there till around 1pm probably getting to know each other and eating lunch, waiting for late comers etc, then we'll set off for 221B Baker Street and the Sherlock Holmes Museum.

I can ring them up and book us a place so we don't have to queue. Next we'll be heading to see other Sherlock locations around central London, including St Barts for a pilgrimage/cry. We'll end the day at the Sherlock Holmes pub for dinner around 7:30pm/8pm. Again, I can ring up and book us all a table, but I'll need to have a more specific idea of numbers.

SO....can everyone who is coming, send me a PM, then I'll put them on the list and PM them back my mobile number so we can communicate by text on the day.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 19, 2013 8:01 pm  #140

I need only a plate, not a seat, as my picture will be seated on the table. 

Board footera