BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 29, 2013 2:34 pm  #61

Re: London Board Meet Up (Monday 25th March 2013)

That's brilliant! Loving the pink case.

Actually, that's got me thinking. Will anyone be dressing up for the meet? Like, as Sherlock characters or anything?

And would anyone mind if I was Sherlock???

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 29, 2013 3:37 pm  #62

Sorry, I'm not one for dressing up although I'll surely wear one of my Sherlock tees. But feel free to do so, I'd love to have a Sherlock with us. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 29, 2013 3:54 pm  #63

I'm awaiting a group photo with deerstalker hats!

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 29, 2013 4:38 pm  #64

I'll wear my Sherlock coat and scarf and "I am sherlocked" shirt and bag, and "221 B" ring and "I will burn the heart out of you" bracelet and "Moriar tea" button, but apart from that, no I won't dress up!

January 29, 2013 4:41 pm  #65

Is that really all? 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 29, 2013 4:46 pm  #66

Ivy wrote:

I'm awaiting a photo of the group on one of the fancy palace tours (don't care which, wouldn't know which one it was anyway) with them all wrapped in white sheets. Hopefully the crystal ashtrays will all be locked away.

January 29, 2013 6:13 pm  #67

Somebody could dress up as Irene. That should be easy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

January 29, 2013 6:22 pm  #68

ancientsgate wrote:

Ivy wrote:

I'm awaiting a photo of the group on one of the fancy palace tours (don't care which, wouldn't know which one it was anyway) with them all wrapped in white sheets. Hopefully the crystal ashtrays will all be locked away.

That's better, I agree! 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 29, 2013 6:26 pm  #69

Ivy wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

Ivy wrote:

That's better, I agree! 

You mean, like ghosts being on holiday?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 29, 2013 7:58 pm  #70

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Actually, that's got me thinking. Will anyone be dressing up for the meet? Like, as Sherlock characters or anything?

Would love to see you as Sherlock! Vintage or BBC? Either one would be cool! 

I won't actually dress up but I do have a John Jumper I plan to wear.  And when I wear my black winter coat with a scarf and leather gloves, I look sort of 'BBC Sherlock-like'.  My hair is a bit Sherlocky too - dark, curly-wavey.  But I'm nowhere as pretty as Ben! (no emoticon to choose from (still missing), but if I did, I would make a big grin here).

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 29, 2013 8:00 pm  #71

KeepersPrice wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Would love to see you as Sherlock! Vintage or BBC? Either one would be cool!

I won't actually dress up but I do have a John Jumper I plan to wear. And when I wear my black winter coat with a scarf and leather gloves, I look sort of 'BBC Sherlock-like'. My hair is a bit Sherlocky too - dark, curly-wavey. But I'm nowhere as pretty as Ben! (no emoticon to choose from (still missing), but if I did, I would make a big grin here).

Here you are:

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 29, 2013 8:02 pm  #72

< - here, have a big grin

Yeah, I have a full BBC Sherlock outfit - suit, purple shirt, shoes, coat, scarf. And lots of props too. I like to find any excuse to dress up and run around as Sherlock. 

Plus, I can lie on the floor for photographs at St Barts. Like this:

That was me last weekend...

January 29, 2013 8:28 pm  #73

Another heavy night Boss?  I'll pile my hair up like Irene.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 30, 2013 7:27 am  #74

I could offer curly hair (when I put my hairdryer's diffuser to it like they do with Benedict, that's at least what I suspect). Even if it's the wrong colour. The hair, not the hairdryer. 

January 30, 2013 11:11 pm  #75

SusiGo wrote:

when I put my hairdryer's diffuser to it like they do with Benedict, that's at least what I suspect 

Oooh, is that how they do it? What's a diffuser exactly? I use tongs on mine.

January 31, 2013 2:08 am  #76

Here in the US, a diffuser is a piece that fits onto the nozzle of the dryer - kind of looks like the end of a trumpet - but it's covered and has lots of holes in it for the air to come out.  So when you dry your hair, instead of the air coming out in one stream through the dryer nozzle, it comes out through all the holes and the air is more "diffused" over the whole head of hair.  You can fluff as you go and it can make your hair curley.

http://www.uniquelooks.com/en/Babyliss-3in1-Universal-Diffuser/m-1765.aspx?gclid=CPa1m8XBkbUCFcyf4AodfDoARw&utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=UnitedStates

January 31, 2013 2:11 am  #77

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

< - here, have a big grin

Yeah, I have a full BBC Sherlock outfit - suit, purple shirt, shoes, coat, scarf. And lots of props too. I like to find any excuse to dress up and run around as Sherlock. 

Plus, I can lie on the floor for photographs at St Barts. Like this:

That was me last weekend...

This is so awesome Boss! You must do this again when we're there.  Love your outfit.  All that's missing is the blood. You look so cool!

January 31, 2013 8:41 am  #78

Should we wear something in common to identify us?

Last edited by Davina (January 31, 2013 8:42 am)

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 31, 2013 8:53 am  #79

Honestly, Davina, I'm sure I'll recognise you all by your wide grins and expectant looks.  But of course we can agree on something. I'll wear a Sherlock tee, that's for sure. And I'll be one the with a tall daughter at her side who hopes that these women she's going to meet won't be too crazy. Hard luck. 

KP: Excellent explanation of a diffuser. It's just the same over here. And not so harmful to your hair as tongs but of course you'll need some natural curls. 

January 31, 2013 12:44 pm  #80

KeepersPrice wrote:

This is so awesome Boss! You must do this again when we're there.  Love your outfit.  All that's missing is the blood. You look so cool!

Well, I once had a friend whose sister jumped from a rooftop, and I have mixed emotions when I see such pictures - I was the one around when my friend got the message. Suicide grief happens also to real people - perhaps happened also to someone who's way leads along St. Bart's.
Just a little reminder 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera