BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 7, 2012 9:33 am  #1

New lesson learned.

Do NOT,

I repeat do NOT

watch the start of this show while you are wearing a facial mud mask.

It cracks as soon as the phone rings.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 7, 2012 10:00 am  #2

Re: New lesson learned.

Sorry, still watching Scandal.
I just felt like saying, the initial look on John's face when he sees the palace from the helicopter is priceless.

Last edited by kazza474 (March 7, 2012 10:05 am)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 7, 2012 11:24 am  #3

I will remember your advice. Ah he looks a wee bit surprised eh!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 7, 2012 11:44 am  #4

Lol, I love the scene in the palace where John and Sherlock are giggling together.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 7, 2012 4:40 pm  #5

haha, love that episode 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research."
-- Sherlock (to Anderson)

March 7, 2012 4:58 pm  #6

I love the bit when they are talking about whether they are going to meet the queen and Mycroft walks in ' and here she is!' followed by more giggling.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 7, 2012 5:28 pm  #7

Yeah, this scene makes Sherlock seem almost normal. And I love the way it shows how close him and John have become, and how relaxed they are around each other.

March 7, 2012 5:38 pm  #8

And Mark Gatiss's plays the scene so 'straight' after that introduction. They are, as he says, acting like naughty schoolboys. Very funny scene.

March 7, 2012 8:04 pm  #9

And Sherlock steals an ashtray!!

March 7, 2012 10:56 pm  #10

Oh, my God, I really love that scene in Buckingham. Sherlock and John behaving like two teenagers, Mycroft trying to look serious, Sherlock in his sheet... it's absolutely wonderful. I don't know how many times I've seen it, again, and again, and again... and I don't get tired!!

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

October 6, 2012 8:21 am  #11

Best for me is the laughter.
That's not Sherlock and John.
That is Benedict and Martin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 6, 2012 10:20 am  #12

besleybean wrote:

Best for me is the laughter.
That's not Sherlock and John.
That is Benedict and Martin.

Yes, that is exactly it, isn't it? The laughter is spontaneous and genuine despite being scripted. The first time I saw it, I thought, oh, that wasn't planned, they just left it in! ( I read somewhere BC had loads of trouble with the sheet, got tangled up in it and fell over at one point.  )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

October 6, 2012 10:24 am  #13

This was the 1st time, in this series, I'd sensed the natural comfort and warmth.
Incidentally, it's the same in the taxi scene back from the palace...Benedict and Martin having  a private joke.
Tho of course the poor Americans have that scene cut!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 6, 2012 10:30 am  #14

besleybean wrote:

This was the 1st time, in this series, I'd sensed the natural comfort and warmth.
Incidentally, it's the same in the taxi scene back from the palace...Benedict and Martin having  a private joke.

I'd sensed it much earlier. For me it's the moment after they've been running through the streets after leaving Angelo's. They're out of breath, leaning to the wall in 221B, look at each other and start laughing. For me that's the beginning of their friendship.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 6, 2012 10:37 am  #15

SusiGo wrote:

besleybean wrote:

I'd sensed it much earlier. For me it's the moment after they've been running through the streets after leaving Angelo's. They're out of breath, leaning to the wall in 221B, look at each other and start laughing. For me that's the beginning of their friendship.

Followed by Sherlock saying "Mrs. Hudson, Dr. Watson will take the room upstairs!" (or similar)
Showed me two things: John can climb the stairs ( what he perfectly proved minutes ago) AND they are ready to share a flat as their friendship started then.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 6, 2012 5:05 pm  #16

I adore the photographs that Irene's agent takes of them in the car. You can see the rapport between them even more than usual.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

October 6, 2012 6:31 pm  #17

Sorry, I wasn't clear.
I meant the natural laughter thing...I wasn't sure if that against the wall was just acting.  But series 2?  Definitely real.

October 9, 2012 11:23 pm  #18

besleybean wrote:

Sorry, I wasn't clear.
I meant the natural laughter thing...I wasn't sure if that against the wall was just acting.  But series 2?  Definitely real.

Right yeah, I know what you mean. Although I think, both lots of laughter were still scripted...but maybe one was more real than the other.

October 10, 2012 7:24 am  #19

The whole of series 2 just felt very different to me.
Much lighter, tho as Mark would say, as light as it could be- considering the subject matter!

October 10, 2012 11:54 pm  #20

besleybean wrote:

The whole of series 2 just felt very different to me.
Much lighter, tho as Mark would say, as light as it could be- considering the subject matter!

I noticed that too.  Especially with this episode but surprisingly with the Hound episode and Fall.  One of the main reasons I loved this series so much over the 1st(I LOVED the first but I enjoyed this better).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Board footera