BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 11, 2012 4:56 am  #1

To those who have been so kind as to care

Just a short message to let you know my sister passed away peacefully 5 hours ago after a long 18 year battle with breast cancer.
All was as it should be, nothing was left unsaid and i am so proud to have been her sister for nearly 50 years.

In short, I've  been away from here a bit but i'll be back in full swing soon.

The best way you can 'do something for me' is to hug those you love & tell them you will always be there for them to the end, no matter what.

RIP Cheryl
If everyone had a big sister like  you, the world would be a better place.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

December 11, 2012 5:24 am  #2

Re: To those who have been so kind as to care

Good grief, Kazza, that is moving. Brings tears to my eyes.
All the strength for you and your family.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 11, 2012 7:21 am  #3

I'm deeply sorry for your loss, Kazza, but it's good to hear that you could be with her to the end and that you had such a wonderful relationship.
I think we'd all be glad if being here with us can comfort you a bit. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 11, 2012 8:32 am  #4

we've missed you kazza.  sending warm thoughts to you and your family.

December 11, 2012 9:06 am  #5

You have my deepest sympathy, kazza. I'm so sorry.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

December 11, 2012 11:41 am  #6

I'm very sorry for your loss and wish you and all the family moments of peace in your griefing.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 11, 2012 1:01 pm  #7

I'm really sorry for you and your family, Kazza. I know we can't do much over an internet connection, but I hope our words can help at least a little.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're not good, you're not bad
You're just nice

I'm not good, I'm not nice
I'm just right
I'm the witch
You're the world" - The Witch, Into the Woods

December 11, 2012 1:13 pm  #8

Have PMd you Kazza.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 11, 2012 1:54 pm  #9

Hey Kazza,

I too have been away from the board but for very different reasons.

I am glad you and your sister got to say everything that was needed to be said - I hope you are well and that your grieving is mostly of happy memories.

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

December 11, 2012 4:37 pm  #10

kazza,

If the thoughts, prayers, and so forth of people you've never met but who nonetheless share in your sorrow and care for you can be of any comfort, then I'm thankful for the technology that allows us to offer such.

Consider my loved ones hugged on your behalf...

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

December 11, 2012 6:28 pm  #11

my condolence...
You made me think...

December 11, 2012 7:00 pm  #12

I'm so sorry for your loss kazza. Your post was so encouraging and strong, that you could find the joy in the sadness and the blessing for your sister in her loss. I wish you and your family much peace and love.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 11, 2012 11:33 pm  #13

I'm so, so sorry, kazza. It must be awful to loose a sister.Thinking of you...

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

December 14, 2012 11:37 pm  #14

I'm so sorry to hear this... My thoughts go out to you and your family.

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

December 15, 2012 7:49 pm  #15

My condolences to you and your family, Kazza.  Sending caring thoughts your way...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

December 21, 2012 5:25 am  #16

Condolences to you and yours, Kazza.

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?
Because you're an idiot."

"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants."

Gwyn eich byd a dymanuf i chwi lawenydd bob amser.

Board footera