BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 10, 2012 5:38 pm  #1

sherlock holmes in the 22nd centry

found this new animated series the other day
basic story
sherlock never returned after the fall but didnt die insted he died of old age and got preserved in honey he gets brought back to life by beth lestrade (lestrades ansestor) and also got made younger john watson is a robot and moriarty is a clone but still evil

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
all lifes end all hearts are broken caring is not an avantage sherlock

December 10, 2012 9:11 pm  #2

Re: sherlock holmes in the 22nd centry

What is the name of it?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 11, 2012 2:47 am  #3

I think I have this DVD -  some extremely silly distractions!    you can see clips on youtube also - it's a 2-season series from 1999/2000 or so (if
it's the same one you are referring to…unless there is a new one?)   my dvd has 26 episodes.
"Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century"

22nd century Scotland Yard's inspector Beth Lestrade has inherited all of Dr. Watson's journals (from her ancestor),  and she chases
bad guys and comes across a dangerous clone of the original Prof. Moriarty…   Has some nods to the original stories (like includes Baker Street Irregulars)--
Her droid Watson reads the journals,  aids the rejuvenated Holmes (rejuvenated from his honey-preserved state).... to helpout solving crimes...  etc.

Short episodes-  a bit crazy,  but obviously someone had some fun with these…

1, The Fall and Rise of Sherlock Homes
2. The Crime Machine
3. The Hounds of the Baskervilles
4. The Resident Patient
5. The Scales of Justice
6. The Five Orange Pips
7. The Adventure of the Beryl Board
8. The Adventure of the Empty House
9. The Secret Safe
10. The Adventure of the Mazarin Chip
11. The Adventure of the Sussex Vampire
12. The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle
13. The Red-Headed League
14. The Adventure of the Dancing Men
15. The Adventure of the Second Stain
16. A Case of Identity
17. The Adventure of the Engineer's Thumb
18. The Man With the Twisted Lip
19. Silver Blaze
20. The Adventure of the Deranged Detective
21. The Sign of Four
22. The Crooked Man
23. The 'Gloria Scott'
24. The Adventure of the Six Napoleans
25. The Musgrave Ritual
26. The Adventure of the Creeping Man

December 11, 2012 4:51 am  #4

So that it's noted.

There was a cartoon (And a superior one to that, in my opinion) which was dealt with in the 'Bravestarr' universe.

It came sooner and its premise was set later, Holmes fell through time and Moriarty froze himself to awaken when a newspaper fell through this 'time hole'.

It was much more apt - if drivel - and had a better premise for Holmes overall.

I'm not sure if it got it's own show or not as I fell out of contact with cartoons around that time. But it wasn't too shabby considering the state of merchandising/blackmailing parents out of their money.

Either way, the 22nd Century one came after and was no where near as enjoyable (From memory).

I'd recommend you check YouTube for the 'original' - you might enjoy it more.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

Board footera