BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 10, 2012 12:47 am  #1

What Sherlock-Related Items...

are on your Christmas list this year? This is mine:
Blank t-shirts and paint so I can make Sherlock shirts(Don't tell my mom! She thinks it's the only non-British or Sherlock related item on my wish list)
A Union Jack Pillow(and wellies, but that's not Sherlock)
The Sherlock Holmes Handbook by Ransom Riggs
A tea pot like Sherlock's
A more authentic Sherlock coat
and I have more stuff that I can't remember right now.  I'll edit this later when I remember it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

December 10, 2012 4:02 am  #2

Re: What Sherlock-Related Items...

I just fulfilled my Christmas wish list items today!  I was visiting downtown Burlington, Vermont with hubby and spotted just what I'd been looking for - a John-style Irish cable knit sweater. Bought it on the spot.  Also found a lovely calendar titled "A Walk In London".  Lots of lovely pictures plus a special map, shop, and restaurant guide comes with it.  I'll be able to use that in March on the London trip. Also picked up a "Hobbit" bookmarker with lovely Martin as Bilbo on it.  I'm set - hubby doesn't have to buy me another thing.

For my added enjoyment, on the 4 hour drive home, we listened to a CD that had Gustov Holst's "The Planet Suite".  When 'Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity' came on I was instantly transported to the chaotic scene in the Planetarium in TBB - as that scene does contain a snippet from the piece.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

December 10, 2012 8:33 am  #3

I'm getting season one and two :D
(yes... I know... I don't own the yet... weird...)

December 10, 2012 9:01 am  #4

On my list are:
- the Sherlock calendar
- The Rediscovered Railway Mysteries
- a Sherlock mousepad
- an iTunes gift voucher so I can buy CP 4 asap

And of course there'll be the Union Jack drawer chest of drawers. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 10, 2012 9:26 am  #5

None, I don't have a wish list 

But I let it shine through that a used copy of Amazing Grace might be a good idea sooner or later. So... 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 10, 2012 9:28 am  #6

horserider99 wrote:

are on your Christmas list this year? This is mine:
Blank t-shirts and paint so I can make Sherlock shirts(Don't tell my mom! She thinks it's the only non-British or Sherlock related item on my wish list)

LOLOLOL

I think there will be money from my parents, some small surprises from my sister - and hubby and me decided "no presents this year" 
So probably the things I got for birthday will stay the only ones. (I don't have to mention what I might buy for the money I will get  )

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 10, 2012 4:52 pm  #7

Best present would be Sherlock himself packed in a sheet and a bow XD

December 10, 2012 5:07 pm  #8

Lelli wrote:

Yup - can't top that!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

December 10, 2012 5:22 pm  #9

Lelli wrote:

Me, too. Please. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 10, 2012 6:30 pm  #10

When you are done with him, you can send him to me.

On my wishlist I have Cabin Pressure 2 and 3 and "Stuart - A Life Backwards". And I will get them. I ordered them already and my mother pays. So it won't be much of a surprise this year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

December 10, 2012 8:10 pm  #11

Lelli wrote:

I'm getting season one and two :D
(yes... I know... I don't own the yet... weird...)

I don't have them yet either; they're on Netflix InstantPlay so I haven't had the need. And it means I don't have to get off the couch to get the next episode going. 
@Harriet: Amazing Grace is my favourite movie. I bought it when it first came out and that's when my OCD and BenAddiction began.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

December 10, 2012 8:47 pm  #12

hmm, I'm getting:
The casebook,
The cluedo!!
The sountracks
and an IOU apple necklace

I'm also getting... Merlin top-trumps and an MJN air Travel mask (I'm going to italy with the school so I'll need one of those!)

So excited!!!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

December 10, 2012 9:19 pm  #13

QuiteExtraordinary wrote:

When you are done with him, you can send him to me.

LOL I guess this could happen very fast, actually 
But I would join the queue nevertheless 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 10, 2012 9:21 pm  #14

horserider99 wrote:

@Harriet: Amazing Grace is my favourite movie. I bought it when it first came out and that's when my OCD and BenAddiction began.

Oh, risky stuff then 

December 10, 2012 9:24 pm  #15

Harriet wrote:

horserider99 wrote:

Oh, risky stuff then 

Oh, now I can test what happens when you are Benaddicted already - and then watch AG..... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 10, 2012 9:46 pm  #16

Mattlocked wrote:

Oh, now I can test what happens when you are Benaddicted already - and then watch AG..... 

Until now just (JUST, what am I saying!?!) Sherlocked, no additional Benaddiction yet contracted 
You will hear from me - or maybe nevermore 

Last edited by Harriet (December 10, 2012 9:47 pm)

December 10, 2012 9:54 pm  #17

It's extremely infectious, Harriet. Maybe not when watching "Atonement", but there's some other more dangerous stuff.

QE, of course you can have the leftovers (OMG, this is getting very embarrassing).  How do we manage to turn every thread into … well … 

Last edited by SusiGo (December 10, 2012 9:55 pm)

December 10, 2012 9:58 pm  #18

SusiGo wrote:

QE, of course you can have the leftovers

You mean, the sheet and the bow?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

December 10, 2012 10:10 pm  #19

SusiGo wrote:

Ever so generous!    (shakes head in disbelief)

December 10, 2012 10:27 pm  #20

Harriet wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Ever so generous!    (shakes head in disbelief)

Board footera