BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 7, 2012 9:28 am  #1

Guest Actors and Characters for Series 3

Alan Rickman as Sherrinford Holmes?   Or actually, Alan Rickman as anyone..

March 7, 2012 9:35 am  #2

Re: Guest Actors and Characters for Series 3

I have an overwhelming desire to see a new female villain to be at loggerheads with Sherlock.

Maggie Smith.
I know I am odd, and it will never happen as she's on the 'other channel' over there isn't she?

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 7, 2012 10:54 am  #3

jenosborn wrote:

Alan Rickman as Sherrinford Holmes?   Or actually, Alan Rickman as anyone..

This, please... 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

March 7, 2012 1:39 pm  #4

I don't know really. I'm rubbish at remembering actor's names.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 8, 2012 6:49 pm  #5

Would love to see some bad ass American villains, a John Turturro, Steve Buscemi, Terry O'Quinn, Vincent D'Onofrio, Michael Chiklis quickly come to mind.

Disguise is always a self portrait

July 6, 2012 5:39 pm  #6

Some good female villains, definitely. I'd also like to see Dr. Grimesby Roylott and his poker-bending, even though they've done the whole "speckled blonde" thing. I want to see that story done for real.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

July 8, 2012 2:07 pm  #7

Hugh Laurie

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 10, 2012 1:45 am  #8

I want David Tennant as a baddie!!   he'd be perfect for the part of  that   Sebastian Moran guy.   Or  of  Dr  Roylott--or any  of Holmes adversaries actually.   Jeremy Brett never filmed  CASE of IDENTITY--  so--  let us see that!!   Maggie Smith--  I  LOVE her!!   She could play a friend of Mrs. Hudson who comes to Sherlock for some help---

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 13, 2012 10:04 pm  #9

Ben Wishaw as Sebastian Moran ( or as anyboy)
Marion Cottilard as female supervillain / for example Mrs Sebastian-Moran :-)
Rhys Ifans
Adrien Brody
Alan Rickman!
Patrick Stewart ( StarTrek´s Captain Picard)
Judi Dench! ( maybe as Sherlock`s Mother)
Helen Mirren

Last edited by saysomething (July 16, 2012 9:35 pm)

July 13, 2012 10:26 pm  #10

Amanda as Mary Morstan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was worth a wound–it was worth many wounds–to know the depth of loyalty and love which lay behind that cold mask. The clear, hard eyes were dimmed for a moment, and the firm lips were shaking. For the one and only time I caught a glimpse of a great heart as well as of a great brain. All my years of humble but single-minded service culminated in that moment of revelation.

July 14, 2012 7:00 am  #11

amanda who?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 14, 2012 9:40 am  #12

I loved how Douglas Wilmer got a cameo, and would love for other former Sherlocks and Johns cameos. Christopher Lee, Patrick Macnee, Roger Moore, Nicholas Rowe, Alan Cox, Guy Henry, Ron Moody, Peter Egan, David Burke, Tim Preece, John Cleese, Leonard Nimoy, Paxton Whitehead, James D'Arcy, Ian Hart, Roger Morlidge, Tim Pigott-Smith, and I could list another twenty or so, but you get the idea. It would be really great if Visilay Livanov was cast in one!

Last edited by Straker (July 14, 2012 9:47 am)

July 23, 2012 11:12 pm  #13

Maggie Smith could do Mrs. Turner, haha. Although actually I love the fact that we never really see her, she's just "there". And if I would imagine her a bit younger.

Oh yes, David Tennant as a villian, please. :D
And Alan Rickman, absolutely.
I would love some Tom Hiddleston as well! As a client, maybe.
It would be nice to use Victor Trevor, an actual friend of Sherlock. Although it's been so emphasized by Mycroft that Sherlock didn't have any friends so it may be unlikely.

July 24, 2012 12:43 pm  #14

Yes, please, Tom Hiddleston! (He was so perfect as "Loki"! ) He would be a good Sebastían Moran - young, devious, charming, dangerous, a little bit crazy.
( I think they ( Moftiss)  will definitively present us Sebastian Moran as the supervillain in series 3. Seb. M. is in all fanfictions, forums etc. the most favourite new villain. )

July 24, 2012 1:26 pm  #15

The more I see these posts the more I hope they do NOT use Moran in Series 3 or they at least use him in the correct context - as a leftover puppet of Moriarty's & they get on with something a bit more interesting for a villain. It's just wrong, so wrong to focus so much on such a small & weak character really. All the hype over this guy makes it obvious that many wouldn't KNOW of any other villains. He's a nothing guy but no-one seems to notice that anymore. Super-villain? Hardly!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 24, 2012 4:18 pm  #16

Agree with you Kazza. There are far more interesting adversaries in other stories. Cannot wait to see how they incorporate some more of the canon into the next series.  It is true that you get far more for your money if you know the canon at least reasonably well, otherwise a whole layer is lost.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 25, 2012 9:58 pm  #17

Hello Kazza and Davina, which ( kind of) villain would be YOUR favourite one?
I see  you do not like Mr. Moran  as the one-and-only supervillain in season 3 ( maybe 4). I agree with you that Moriarty is hardly able to beat as supervillain.
But the series HAS to have  a / some kind of supervillain.The episodes are not only stand alone detective stories as the Arthur Conan Doyle canon stories. The  series has need of episode -actually  season- overlapping storytelling ( die Serie braucht auch episoden- ja sogar staffel - übergreifende Handlungsstränge und Geschichten)  How to reach that aim best in a crime series ? By establishing a (new) supervillain. And Sebastian Moran IS established as Moriarty`s heir in ACD canon.

Last edited by saysomething (July 26, 2012 11:38 am)

July 26, 2012 8:07 am  #18

Milverton is a horrible character but I don't necessarily see the need for just one Super-villain really as t
Sherlock is not a Superhero. The thing I love about the canon is the range of adversaries Sherlock comes up against and the range of cases he is confronted with.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 26, 2012 9:04 am  #19

I agree with saysomething that there should be a certain amount of story arc connecting all episodes of a season, to avoid the "monster of the week" effect and allow for a subtle build up towards the series finale. It's different for classic detective shows which had (or have) no seasons as such, e.g. Colombo - where you could just have one stand-alone episode after the other and watch them (almost) in any chosen order.

But IMO that connecting element does not necessarily have to be one and the same villain appearing in every episode.Quite on the contrary, the joy of having 90 -minute episodes is that the writers have the chance to introduce, develop and establish a new threat every week. And to return to the actual purpose of this thread, different villains also create more opportunity for interesting guest appearances - every actor wants to play the bad guy, don't they? 

The story arc in the background could be based around how Sherlock can get his credibility back for instance, or how long it takes for his friends to accept his faked death. I know, that sounds a little bland, but I cannot think of something more exciting atm, I will post it when it comes to me.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

July 26, 2012 12:03 pm  #20

hypergreenfrog wrote:

The story arc in the background could be based around how Sherlock can get his credibility back for instance, or how long it takes for his friends to accept his faked death. I know, that sounds a little bland, but I cannot think of something more exciting atm, I will post it when it comes to me.

No, this is a very good point. In fact this isTHE storyline because we all are dying to watch "The Empty House", isn`t it?
( How will John react? How will Sherlock regain his life, his identity, his reputation ?)

I didn´t mean Sebastian Moran as the one and only villain in season 3 !  But maybe he could acting as somekind of manipulator or marionette player  -  pull the strings behind the scenes- like Moriarty before him.

Board footera