BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 5, 2012 4:00 pm  #1

Hello!

My name is Alice. I'm a student + 18 and currently living in Preston, UK. I've been an avid fan of sherlock ever since I saw the BBC version. So far i've bought both series on DVD + watched numerous times. 'The Blind Banker' is my least favourite episode. I personally love the last episodes from S1 + 2. I've got; the sherlock calander, casebook, the whole Arthur Conan Doyle book's on kindle. Lot's of magazine/newspaper clippings of news related to Benedict Cumberbatch + Martin Freeman. Been watching films + TV, with the two actors in. Asked for the complete collection of Jeremy Brent's ITV sherlock series for crimbo. So you could pretty much say i'm Sherlock obsessed!

Absolutely can't wait for Hobbit and Sherlock series 3 (John's reaction to Sherlock being alive) =O!

December 5, 2012 4:07 pm  #2

Re: Hello!

Sounds like you'll fit right in here ^^
Welcome and have fun!

December 5, 2012 4:21 pm  #3

Haha, thanks. The only other Sherlock obsessed person I know is my cousin. Tried getting my friends in to it but they're not interested =P

December 5, 2012 4:24 pm  #4

Hey, Alice. Another UKer here! I hope you have a great time and find stuff to chat about!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

December 5, 2012 6:17 pm  #5

Hello Alice. Welcome to the forum from yet another UK based member. Hope you have fun here amongst like-minded folk. My mother-in-law originates from near your neck of the woods.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 5, 2012 7:47 pm  #6

Hello Alice,

Nice to have you with us. What are you studying (if you don't mind my asking)?

I too have the casebook... it concurs nicely with my little post-it note fetish (seriously, I wish you could all see the wall next to my PC, it's covered.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

December 5, 2012 8:27 pm  #7

Glad to hear there's a good number of UK fans =)! I'm studying film and media and doing a beginer's french course. I thought the casebook was great and the post-it notes were the highlight of the book lol. Haha, i've got a sherlock shrine on half of my wardrobe  .

December 5, 2012 8:51 pm  #8

Hi, welcome here, enjoy your time with us 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 5, 2012 10:15 pm  #9

babealice123 wrote:

Glad to hear there's a good number of UK fans =)! I'm studying film and media and doing a beginer's french course. I thought the casebook was great and the post-it notes were the highlight of the book lol. Haha, i've got a sherlock shrine on half of my wardrobe  .

Sounds great, hope you're enjoying your studies.  I myself studied Drama and Creative Writing (BA, MA, loved both.)

The post-it notes give an otherwise ordinary episode guide real character I think.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

December 30, 2012 11:18 am  #10

Hey there and welcome to the forum. Someone else from the UK is always good! Preston's not too far from me actually, I'm on the West Yorkshire/Lancashire border near Rochdale.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 30, 2012 11:26 am  #11

Welcome to the Sherlock madness, Alice. Have fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera