BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 2, 2012 1:23 pm  #1

Moftiss alert - London based members

Just tweeted an hour ago

Gower St Waterstones  @gowerst_books
In exactly 48hrs time we'll be hosting a signing with #Sherlock creators/writers @Markgatiss & @stevenmoffat who's in? http://www.waterstones.com/events

I'm sure you Londoners can work out what 47 hours from this post will be, lol.

Even though the tweet uses the non-Moff account name, this is a real event, Mark Gatiss has tweeted as much:

Mark Gatiss  @Markgatiss
Accidentally retweeted fake account for Steve Moffat! Gower St signing real, account not!

Go to it fine people.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

December 3, 2012 8:24 am  #2

Re: Moftiss alert - London based members

Geez no interest in this?
They may not be pretty to look at, but their their minds would be orgasmic to pick apart!

Anyway, Sue's just Tweeted this reminder:

sue vertue  @suevertue
#stevenmoffat & @markgatiss are signing #sherlock: The Casebook at Waterstones 82 Gower Street London tomorrow lunchtime from 12.15 - 1.15.

I assume their pockets will smell quite fishy, loaded with herrings to drop around, lol!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

December 3, 2012 8:54 am  #3

I'd surely go there if not for those 500 km between me and London and have my book signed.  Waterstone's will smell like a fishmonger's after that.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 3, 2012 9:15 am  #4

Would have loved to have gone to this but too far and too much to do today.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 3, 2012 4:25 pm  #5

I wouldn't mind looking at them or picking their brains, but there's that big ole pond between us and it's so very annoying. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 3, 2012 4:57 pm  #6

No kidding.  I wish I could go!  Must be nice, being a fan of their shows, and actually living nearby!!  ;p  If only I even knew someone nearby to get one and sign it for me and handsomely reward them for it!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 3, 2012 8:49 pm  #7

It is tomorrow at about 12 pm so no way I can go. I read that tweet yesterday and bumped my head against the wall repeated times because f***k!!! I can't go!!! I came here to work and that is what I will be doing tomorrow...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

December 3, 2012 9:23 pm  #8

Such a shame they couldn't do it on a Saturday.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 5, 2012 9:56 pm  #9

Damnit!! I SOOOOOOO would have gone to that but I have literally just got this new job...it's only a temporary one - two and a half weeks leading up to Christmas and very handy in helping to pay for my Sherlock addiction - but none the less means I have to miss weekday events such as this one. lksjdgksdjkgjsagdjlk

*shakes fist* MOFFFAAAAAAAT!!!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera