BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 9, 2012 6:26 am  #1

Such a fascinating man

Being an Aussie, I had never heard of Benedict before Sherlock.
I watched the first series when it aired here last year and instantly thought 'what a little hottie'. He was so interesting, I am a sucker for blue eyes and a sucker for British accents. Having both was too much for me!
Now I am no teenager, in fact I have 2 grandsons! So I'm not into the 'ohh.. ahhh' stuff I read around tumblr & Twitter etc.
But having just moved into a new flat on my own, I had to find something to do with this mega amount of downloads I had signed up for with the internet (it was the cheaper way to go!)
So I started re-watching Sherlock & then searched for other things he had been in.

So far I have watched :
- The Last Enemy - enjoyed this
- Stuart : a life backwards - loved thi
- Third Star - brilliant
- Small Island - it was ok
- Inseparable (short & sweet) - ok, but looks predictable
- Hawking - excellent
- Forty Something - very young here. Was ok I guess.

I'm not really interested in seeing War Horse. Yes, he has a part in it but it's not really my sort of movie.

I think now I will take note of interviews etc of his. He really seems to be 2 people, maybe 3. He certainly can act for me to say that!
He seems to have 'phases'. Looking at his pics at events of late, he seems to be doing the 'rough but dapper' image where as earlier pics show him as 'ever the gentleman'. I assume the latest 'look' is somehow influenced by his 'single' tag.
he's enjoying himself of late! But I fear he is starting to 'wear down' slightly.
I do hope he doesn't become (similar to his alter ego) "too famous".

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 9, 2012 8:36 am  #2

Re: Such a fascinating man

Yeah, he seems like a nice guy...there's loads of stuff on YouTube, have you seen the one where they get him to do little mind tasks to prove he's good enough to be Sherlock lol...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 9, 2012 8:44 am  #3

The one where he is in warhorse is fantastic but when he plays hawking wow,, I think u have to be a great actor to pull something like that off

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you eliminate the impossible,
What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

February 9, 2012 4:39 pm  #4

yeah he is an amazing man and i love him in warhorse but i havent seen him in anything other than sherlock and warhorse

February 9, 2012 5:18 pm  #5

U should look at some more of his stuff he can play different very well and pull itt off

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you eliminate the impossible,
What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

February 12, 2012 3:03 pm  #6

I went to the cinema yesterday to see "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" for the second time. ("Dame, König, As, Spion" here in Germany.) Great performances of all the actors, especially Gary Oldman. I really liked Benedict's acting - but I soooo missed his voice...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 13, 2012 12:45 pm  #7

The National Theatre will be reshowing the production of Benedict in Frankenstein which won both lead actors awards. They took turns to play the monster and Frankenstein himself. This is no good, sorry, for those of you outside of the UK but for those of you who are if you go on the National Theatre's website you can get further information. They haven't set dates for the showings yet, but they will be showing at cinemas all over the country.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 13, 2012 10:24 pm  #8

To add to bit about the National Theatre showings these will be at cinemas worldwide as well. So you might be lucky if you live outside the UK.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 14, 2012 2:19 am  #9

Yes I did read somewhere that they would be showing it outside of the UK. Wonder how long it will take for us to see it? lol

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 14, 2012 12:41 pm  #10

If you register with the National Theatre website you will get alerts about the screenings

March 26, 2012 11:32 am  #11

tobeornot221b wrote:

I went to the cinema yesterday to see "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" for the second time. ("Dame, König, As, Spion" here in Germany.) Great performances of all the actors, especially Gary Oldman. I really liked Benedict's acting - but I soooo missed his voice...

Do you have dubbing in Germany also? Here in Spain it's awful. I took a 90 km travel just to see TTSS in its original version with Spanish subtitles. Totally worth it. Gary Oldman was absolutely great, well everyone was... some of my all time favourite actors together in an amazing film. Yes, it was worth it.

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

March 26, 2012 11:35 am  #12

kazza474 wrote:

Yes I did read somewhere that they would be showing it outside of the UK. Wonder how long it will take for us to see it? lol

Dendy is showing them in June (in Canberra anyway, I assume it'll be similar elsewhere in Aus)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

Board footera