BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 30, 2012 10:52 am  #1

Benedict in jury for Rising Star BAFTA

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 30, 2012 10:56 am  #2

Re: Benedict in jury for Rising Star BAFTA

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 30, 2012 5:21 pm  #3

I'm happy for him, but my question would be how come he never won this award?  I mean they gave it to Kristin Stewart, but not Ben, seems wonky to me. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 1, 2012 1:47 pm  #4

Another article on this with an extra quote from Ben
In a press release for the award, Benedict said: “Judging by the quality of previous nominees and winners it’s often the beginning of an exciting step-up of profile and opportunity. It’s a great platform for young actors and actresses to shine and I’m thrilled to be on board."

The nominess will be announced on January 7, with the final winner being announced at the EE British Academy Film Awards on February 10.

And Benedict had some words of encouragement for all aspiring actors:  " Don’t lose your sense of humour, perspective or hope. What will be will be."

He went on to suggest that anyone wanting to make a career should "keep being inquisitive and hard-working"

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

December 1, 2012 4:11 pm  #5

harleyq wrote:

I'm happy for him, but my question would be how come he never won this award?  I mean they gave it to Kristin Stewart, but not Ben, seems wonky to me. 

I agree with you. Strange choice. But then he was nominated for Best Actor as early as 2004. Maybe they thought it wasn't necessary.

But I hope that this time he'll get one for PE. It's about time. After four nominations.

Thanks for the quotes, Kazza.

Board footera