BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 19, 2012 3:07 pm  #1

Behind the scenes gifs of the rooftop shooting

Don't know if this is the right place to post it, please move it if not.

Anyway, that's pretty cool

http://sherlockisthebest.tumblr.com/post/25310498602

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 19, 2012 3:23 pm  #2

Re: Behind the scenes gifs of the rooftop shooting

a new dimension of dizziness 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 19, 2012 3:28 pm  #3

That's kind of disillusioning, isn't it? What would John say!?

By the way, the third person under that umbrella is supposed to be Mark. So basically Sherlock, Mycroft and Moriarty under one umbrella!

Last edited by Ivy (November 19, 2012 3:34 pm)

----------

November 19, 2012 3:34 pm  #4

So he used the umbrella to float down from the roof. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 19, 2012 3:34 pm  #5

It looks like they have left on a boat or even a submarine 

Ivy, yes, esp. with the people at the bottom of the last one, yes, at least this part looks not too dangerous after all 

Last edited by Harriet (November 19, 2012 3:36 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 19, 2012 3:37 pm  #6

Oh right in the last one is a woman below.

----------

November 19, 2012 6:28 pm  #7

SusiGo wrote:

So he used the umbrella to float down from the roof. 

Well, if it was good enough for Mary Poppins, it would be good enough for Sherlock. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 19, 2012 6:53 pm  #8

Exactly. What about these talented tumblr artists? Here's work for you. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 19, 2012 7:19 pm  #9

Why would Mark be up there?  I suppose as creative input...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 19, 2012 7:27 pm  #10

Since Mark is basically the showrunner, he's at every scene, to discuss it with the actors and the director. I remember during that scene in THoB in Henrys kitchen he sat behind a kitchen counter and gave instructions to the director.

----------

November 19, 2012 7:34 pm  #11

Yes I remember that too, but Mark wrote HOUND!
I even wondered if Mark fed Benedict his phone lines form Martin, but I don't think so.
But yes of course, he is co-creator of Sherlock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 19, 2012 7:44 pm  #12

Andrew looks a lot less keen than Benedict to look over the edge of the roof doesn't he. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 19, 2012 7:48 pm  #13

Yet he is the one who has to hang backwards over the edge.

November 19, 2012 7:55 pm  #14

besleybean wrote:

Yes I remember that too, but Mark wrote HOUND!
I even wondered if Mark fed Benedict his phone lines form Martin, but I don't think so.
But yes of course, he is co-creator of Sherlock.

Yeah but I think he has a lot of influence on every episode, that's his job, well together with Sue, since Steven is busy with Doctor Who.
It's amazing how different he looks when he's Mycroft.

----------

November 19, 2012 7:59 pm  #15

You gotta love that 'sherlockisthebest' tumblr page Ivy posted as a link to this gif. Check out Ben's wink and wave. Oh my, mmmmm good!

This scene must have been shot at the little wall I remember Ben mentioning somewhere in an interview - only a few feet off the ground.  Too dangerous to have done the whole scene 3 stories up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 19, 2012 8:01 pm  #16

Or any part he plays!
I remembered something else.
Does anybody else recall(or did I dream it!) when S2 was 1st announced, it was stated that Mark was going to be the whole series script editor?

November 19, 2012 9:20 pm  #17

Davina wrote:

Andrew looks a lot less keen than Benedict to look over the edge of the roof doesn't he. 

Can't says that I blame him. I'm not a fan of heights myself. Andrew hanging back off it gets the better deal though because he doesn't have to actually see over the edge. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 25, 2012 12:45 am  #18

Davina wrote:

Great, now whenever I see the part where he gets shoved near the edge ("you're just getting this?") I can't help but think the little 'squeal' he gives is somewhat genuine... Not that I blame him, I probably would too if someone was dangling me over a fatal drop by my lapels.

I have abseiled off buildings but even I find looking over the edge a bit worrisome. It's not so much a fear of heights as a fear of something going wrong that would invariably lead to you really falling. It's the sane, sensible part of everyone that fights against the unnatural feeling of throwing yourself off a building.

As the guy holding the other end of my rope said: "It's never the fall that kills you...no...it's smacking into the floor that does it."

<sarcasm>What a comfort that was </sarcasm>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

November 25, 2012 9:06 am  #19

I've seen the videos these gifs belong to and it would be really interesting to watch the rooftop-scene from both views the same time one day.....

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 25, 2012 10:45 am  #20

Now that is a fabulous idea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

Board footera