BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 16, 2012 8:00 am  #1

Elemantary on German TV

Elementary: Sat.1 zeigt die neue Sherlock-Holmes-Serie im Januar

Bei Sat.1 wird die Krimi-Schiene weiter ausgebaut: Der Sender wird die neue US-Serie Elementary ab Januar zeigen. Erst in diesem Herbst gestartet, basiert das Format auf der Geschichte von Sherlock Holmes, der hier von Jonny Lee Miller verkörpert wird.

Der deutsche Sender Sat.1 hat sich eine weitere Serie gesichert: „Elementary“. In der geht es um die Erlebnisse von Sherlock Holmes, der die Polizei von New York City in der Gegenwart unterstützt. Jonny Lee Miller spielt die Hauptrolle, sein geteuer Gehilfe Watson hat in dieser Serie den Vornamen Joan und wird von Lucy Liu porträtiert. Sat.1 will die Serie ab dem 10. Januar donnerstags um 21.15 Uhr zeigen, wie eine Sprecherin Serienjunkies.de® bestätigte. Dort läuft derzeit der zweite Teil eines Doppelpacks von „Criminal Minds“-Wiederholungen.

Altbekannte Stoffe für Serien aufzugreifen ist in den USA keine Seltenheit, doch der Ansatz, sich auf die derzeit auch von der BBC mit „Sherlock“ bearbeiteten Sherlock-Holmes-Geschichte zu stürzen, sorgte bereits im Vorfeld für Kontroversen.

Die Serie „Elementary“ schaffte es beim amerikanischen Krimisender CBS trotzdem ins Programm und läuft dort am prestigeträchtigen Donnerstagabend. Kürzlich erhielt die Serie die Aufstockung der Bestellung auf eine volle Staffel mit 22 Episoden (neue Serien werden traditionell zunächst nur mit 13 Episoden bestellt) und zudem den Sendeplatz hinter dem „Super Bowl“, dem alljährlich größten Fernsehereignis der USA. Und über den jüngst verlängerten Paketdeal mit CBS Studios kommt die Serie nun zur ProSiebenSat.1-Gruppe und zu Sat.1.

„Elementary“ handelt vom genialen, aber gequälten Sherlock Holmes (Jonny Lee Miller, „Eli Stone“, „Trainspotting“). Eine Entzugstherapie führte ihn von England - wo er als Berater für Scotland Yard gearbeitet hatte - nach New York City. Am Ende seines Aufenthaltes in einer geschlossenen Einrichtung hat ihm sein Vater einen sogenannten Sober Companion besorgt, die seinen Übergang in den Alltag begleiten soll: Dr. Joan Watson (Lucy Liu). Die Chirurgin hat ihrem Job den Rücken gekehrt und weicht nun Holmes nicht mehr von der Seite um sicherzustellen, dass er nicht erneut zu Drogen greift.

Der hat aber ganz eigene Pläne und reaktiviert eine alte Bekanntschaft zu Captain Toby Gregson (Aidan Quinn). Mit ihm hatte Holmes im Zuge der Ermittlungen nach den Anschlägen vom 11. September 2001 bereits zusammengearbeitet und ihn bei aller Eigenwilligkeit von seinen außergewöhnlichen Fähigkeiten überzeugt.

Vierter Hauptdarsteller von „Elementary“ ist Jon Michael Hill als Detective Marcus Bell, ein Untergebener von Gregson, der sich erst noch an Holmes' Eigenarten gewöhnen muss.

Da bisher keine Pay-TV-Ausstrahlung von „Elementary“ angekündigt wurde, könnte Sat.1 die Serie als Deutschlandpremiere zeigen.

http://www.serienjunkies.de/news/elementary-sat1-zeigt-holmes-serie-44520.html

November 16, 2012 8:17 am  #2

Re: Elemantary on German TV

Assuming this will be dubbed into German rather than sub-titled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 16, 2012 8:41 am  #3

Thanks for posting, Sherly. Surely, Davina, they dub practically everything over here although, admittedly, they do it quite well. But of course it's not the original. And I wince every time I hear Benedict's German voice. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 16, 2012 9:19 am  #4

Sure it will be dubbed. And I agree, they do it quite well...  Hm...some American shows are hard to listen to, when they are dubbed, though.
And did you ever notice that the dubbing is very often kind of lousy for Scandinavian shows, e.g. Mankell? It sounds a bit "not real" and doesn't always "fit" to the mouth movements.... I wonder why it appears esp. there. Or is it just me and hubby who noticed?

...just reminds me of a German comedian Kaethe Lachmann. Here she is playing a woman who is working as German voice for American shows. The way she's talking was the way those shows were dubbed in the eighties I'd say.... 
I have no speakers here but I think she's talking about usual stuff like housework, baking and so on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjmjS23bEBM

Last edited by Mattlocked (November 16, 2012 9:29 am)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 16, 2012 9:37 am  #5

Thanks, Mattlocked, that's really funny. I remember these voices, e.g. from "Dallas". Although I think it's not only a parody on how they used to dub the shows but also on occasional bad acting and clichéd scripts of the shows. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 16, 2012 9:42 am  #6

As a US show, Elementary is suitable for channel like SAT1.  I won't watch it anyway.

Thank God, the better Sherlock  is on ARD, no ads! 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 16, 2012 10:29 am  #7

We aren't curious at all, are we? If only to say "Told you so, Sherlock's better". 

November 16, 2012 11:30 am  #8

Ivy wrote:

.....Thank God, the better Sherlock  is on ARD, no ads! 

I don't care - on my dvds are no ads anyway!   

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 16, 2012 11:34 am  #9

So you belong to this strange group of people who buy DVDs so they can watch films again and again. What an idea!  BTW, I'm just watching "The Last Enemy". On DVD.

November 16, 2012 11:38 am  #10

I might give it a try, even though sat1 is one of the channels I loathe most.
Being broadcasted on sat1 is yet another clue that Elementary is not worth much 

I agree, Susi 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 16, 2012 11:41 am  #11

Harriet wrote:

I might give it a try, even though sat1 is one of the channels I loathe most.
Being broadcasted on sat1 is yet another clue that Elementary is not worth much 

I agree, Susi 

Yes, SAT1's quite trashy. But then you have "House" which I like very much on RTL which isn't much better.

November 16, 2012 11:49 am  #12

Only RTL doesn't pretend not to be trash 
How they discovered House is beyond me...

Thanks for posting the announcement, anyway, Sherly!

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 16, 2012 4:40 pm  #13

Swanpride wrote:

Honestly, I never wait until the shows are shown in Germany...especially not considering how RTL treats shows like Psych, or White Collar.
Concerning dubbing: Both has it's advantages. There are even a few movies I enjoy more in the dubbed version. The great thing is that I noemally have the choice when I busy the DVD...English, German, with or without subtitles. The German dubbing of Sherlock is actually exceptionally good, even though it's hard to get used to the new voices.

Yes, apart from some untranslatable puns there are few mistakes in it. And the voices aren't bad as such, it's just difficult if you are used to the originals. Especially in Benedict's case as his own voice is much deeper.
For me "Life of Brian" is definitely a film I enjoy more in the dubbed version. 

November 16, 2012 4:40 pm  #14

Swanpride, I also have no big issues with the german dubbing. I switch just like you do.
Seeing an episode for the first time, I find dubbing very helpful for me.
We are a minority here, but, who cares 

Susi: Of course some details get lost. But with me watching it in english or with subtitles, probably more would get lost 

Last edited by Harriet (November 16, 2012 4:42 pm)

November 16, 2012 5:23 pm  #15

Only the permanent Siezen is truly annoying. Nobody in their generation and relationship would do it.
Now we get off topic again 

November 16, 2012 5:39 pm  #16

I agree. I hope they finally changed that after the reunion. 

November 16, 2012 5:41 pm  #17

Back to topic: We should check if the Elementary team is siezing each other 

November 16, 2012 5:44 pm  #18

So we have a strictly scientific excuse for watching it. 

November 16, 2012 5:51 pm  #19

SusiGo wrote:

I agree. I hope they finally changed that after the reunion. 

They won't, they won't! Because after the long hiatus Mr. Holmes and Dr. Watson will of course be strangers to each other again and the whole relationship will start from zero.( "Who are you? What do you do?"etc. etc ).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 16, 2012 5:57 pm  #20

I like strictly scientific excuses 

Tobe: Nooooo, pls, stop that! Now! 

Board footera