BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 7, 2012 5:22 pm  #41

Re: ABSOLUTE Favourite Picture From Series

I think it was a promo shot, I certainly don't think it was in any episode.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 7, 2012 6:46 pm  #42

Gotta love their ever-typical contrast of face also caught in here:   

Just love how so often Sherlock looks in thought or like he's getting something no one else is, and John is more 'what, now?'
Yes, they're books, John....  ; )

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 7, 2012 6:54 pm  #43

Well observed, Russell. Great moment. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 8, 2012 4:44 am  #44

SusiGo wrote:

Well observed, Russell. Great moment. 

Hee!!  I know!  *grins, chuckling*   I can't help it... there's just something so realistic and hilariously endearing about two best friend characters impromptu reacting/expressing at something completely differently at the same time.  Also found an awesome shot of them doing it in Hounds... heh, this one is almost even better:  (don't worry so much, John!)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

December 8, 2012 8:34 am  #45

Worry?
He's just been tortured by Sherlock!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 8, 2012 8:37 am  #46

And he's having to wear that hideous jacket!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 8, 2012 8:41 am  #47

The whole point is that Martin CHOSE it!
That's what Steven Moffat couldn't get over.
What was the man thinking?
I actually quite like it.  But I do agree with Steven, it is not right for John  Watson.

Last edited by besleybean (December 8, 2012 8:41 am)

December 8, 2012 12:58 pm  #48

besleybean wrote:

Worry?
He's just been tortured by Sherlock!

But it was in the name of science!  So really, don't worry so much, dear!  ;)
(yes, I'm being joking...  aww.... give the poor man a hug....)   

December 10, 2012 7:40 pm  #49

Speaking of one little scene (with and without much dialogue, even) conveying so much emotion, I love the menagerie of pics someone arranged together illustrating the same theme with all the major players framed by the simple act of balancing each other in the perfect arrangement of chairs in our favorite familiar flat.  Sheesh, tumblr...  go and tug my heart out again, why don't you....  ;p  ;p
Here, since it's proving a little tricky at the moment to get all those gifs up in here myself at the moment, rushing off....  sorry!   http://alexskyline.tumblr.com/post/36278813738

December 10, 2012 7:47 pm  #50

Yes the last one is rather heartbreaking.

December 11, 2012 3:19 am  #51

The last one is so sad. It's kind of amazing how much a chair can come to mean and symbolize in a person's life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 11, 2012 3:56 am  #52

harleyq wrote:

The last one is so sad. It's kind of amazing how much a chair can come to mean and symbolize in a person's life.

I know!!  Good god, that collection is touching as a theme.... and dang wonderful example of the cinematography framing I appreciate so much in their show.  Le sigh.  Erf. . . getting myself a tinge sad, thinking of the same with myself, and while I don't really have a chair, there is one at my dad's house that's 'his', and can see it holding that meaning as long as it's around....

December 19, 2012 6:19 am  #53

Ok, so I know the individual Ben/Martin pic threads are so much more active with their cute faces...  ( ;p  ;) )  but I can't help enjoying so much various screencaps of the both of them from the eps, just with how expressive they often are in their scenes!!    So here's digging up the thread against just for pinning up another-- purely for that perfect little smirk....  ;D

. . .  Yes, Sherlock... no need to get /too/ excited about a murder...  ;)

December 19, 2012 7:27 pm  #54

Love that scene and that smirk. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 19, 2012 7:29 pm  #55

yes, a lovely moment  - I like also the camera cuts

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 20, 2012 4:31 am  #56

Harriet wrote:

yes, a lovely moment  - I like also the camera cuts

Hehh....  exactly.   They know when to cut it right, so often!   John's look at the chief, then suddenly we see the after-effect of it. 

December 20, 2012 6:05 pm  #57

Oh, I love that part!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

December 20, 2012 6:12 pm  #58

Another nice one of the two of them:

source: twoharts.tumblr.com

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 20, 2012 6:16 pm  #59

My favourite dressing gown!

Board footera