BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 8, 2012 12:36 am  #1

Richard Brook is Real.

I was watching an awesome TV show called "Firefly" earlier for the first time since watching "The Reichenbach Fall" and I noticed something.

Guys. GUYS.

He's REAL! Richard Brook(s) is freaking real!

Of course, he's not actually Moriarty.

BUT, in this episode he does play a sociopathic villain who says he does what he does for joy of causing pain rather than any need of money. He also goes up against a genius who notices things no one else does, draws her out by kidnapping a doctor she cares about, she offers to make the ultimate sacrifice, to the doctor's horror, but ended up having a contingency plan that allowed her to survive, and he appears to die by the end of the episode but it is left very vague.

Coincidences are amazing things, no? :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're not good, you're not bad
You're just nice

I'm not good, I'm not nice
I'm just right
I'm the witch
You're the world" - The Witch, Into the Woods

November 8, 2012 7:36 am  #2

Re: Richard Brook is Real.

Now that's really interesting. Was it filmed before or after TRF? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 8, 2012 11:31 am  #3

Way before, back in 2003.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're just nice

I'm just right
I'm the witch

November 8, 2012 11:33 am  #4

Now that's really strange.  Wonder if Moftiss knew the show. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 8, 2012 11:40 am  #5

Quite possibly. It was a sort of western sci-fi. It got cancelled in the middle of its first season, but grew enough of a cult following to get a movie made of it. Dunno, seems like the writers for "Dr Who" would watch that sort of thing. It'd be awesome if they did. :D

"You're so nice
You're just nice

I'm just right
I'm the witch

November 8, 2012 11:47 am  #6

How about that! So amazing you discovered this... 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 9, 2012 3:25 pm  #7

I know right? I've seen this episode I don't know how many times, it's my favorite in the series, never realizing that Richard Brook(s) was playing the villain. I looked at his IMDB page and it doesn't look like he ever played a character called the Storyteller though. Oh well, the fact that an actor named Richard Brooks who played a sociopathic villain exists is too awesome to say.

"You're so nice
You're just nice

I'm just right
I'm the witch

November 9, 2012 8:42 pm  #8

The play on words is with Reichen (Rich in English) and Bach (Brook in English) however. There is a coincidence that an actor with the name Richard Brooks played a psychopath however it is just that, a coincidence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 9, 2012 8:48 pm  #9

Davina wrote:

There is a coincidence that an actor with the name Richard Brooks played a psychopath however it is just that, a coincidence.

Oh I know, but it is quite the awesome coincidence.

"You're so nice
You're just nice

I'm just right
I'm the witch

November 23, 2012 9:34 pm  #10

That's SOOOOO cool. I really want to watch that show now. What episode was it btw?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera