BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 6, 2012 6:41 pm  #1

What if Sherlock was never real?

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 6, 2012 6:59 pm  #2

Re: What if Sherlock was never real?

Holy Mary.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 6, 2012 7:06 pm  #3

November 6, 2012 7:44 pm  #4

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 6, 2012 8:00 pm  #5

LOL  Fits!

November 7, 2012 6:49 am  #6

Cool idea!  Kinda creepy in a way too.

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

November 7, 2012 6:52 am  #7

Bizarre, was more of the word for me!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 7, 2012 8:07 am  #8

Well done and creepy and an April Fool's joke (I suppose). 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 7, 2012 12:06 pm  #9

Sam wrote:

This was the device used in the movie "A Beautiful Mind".  His friends - especially his gregarious, outgoing college roommate - all appear real to him, and also to us the audience.  Then we discover these people are all the product of his schizophrenic mind.  It  quite blew me away when I saw the movie.

Last edited by KeepersPrice (November 7, 2012 12:07 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 7, 2012 8:39 pm  #10

But I don't see this with Sherlock, at all.

November 7, 2012 9:14 pm  #11

No. But the video was "nice". 

November 8, 2012 5:03 am  #12

KeepersPrice wrote:

Sam wrote:

This was the device used in the movie "A Beautiful Mind".  His friends - especially his gregarious, outgoing college roommate - all appear real to him, and also to us the audience.  Then we discover these people are all the product of his schizophrenic mind.  It  quite blew me away when I saw the movie.

Oh yeah! I've seen the movie twice but totally didn't make the connection. Blew me away as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

November 8, 2012 7:24 am  #13

Yes, for me it's one of the rare moments in film when you are totally swept off your feet by surprise. And it was so incredibly well done that I had no idea although my husband suspected something. It was a bit like "Sixth Sense" when you realise what Bruce Willis has become. But I wouldn't like this for Sherlock although the video's original. 

November 8, 2012 7:25 am  #14

And thankfully it isn't going to happen for Sherlock.

November 8, 2012 7:35 am  #15

Definitely not. 

November 9, 2012 2:51 am  #16

Very clever video. Well done! Why do i think this person was a fan of St. Elsewhere? Autistic snowglobes anyone ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

November 10, 2012 7:04 pm  #17

The girl who made this is German and very talented in making fanvideos. I've subscribed to her on Youtube for like forever. 

I've always liked this idea - I actually think it could totally work. Very sad, though. But think about it... Sherlock is so brilliant and weird it's hard to believe he really exists. 
This would make an amazing movie...

November 10, 2012 7:31 pm  #18

Tho not canonical.

November 10, 2012 7:57 pm  #19

I'm a bit confused. He doesn't REALLY exist. He is a fictional character.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 10, 2012 8:00 pm  #20

Yeah, I mean... not real in the fictional world. :D
Of course it's not canonical, but a very interesting concept. As well as the idea that Sherlock just made up all his cases (and Moriarty) to make himself important.

Board footera