BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 3, 2012 12:14 am  #21

Re: Damned hot Cumberbatch

Have fun Aggie..we want a full report! Lucky girl!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

July 3, 2012 7:17 am  #22

Wish you a wonderful evening with the wonderful … okay, I'll stop repeating myself. I'm looking forward to your report .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 3, 2012 11:58 am  #23

I noticed one of the pictures disappeared from the site mentioned in the first post ;) it made even me blush, and I deal with bodies all the time!

Anyone else seen it? lol

July 3, 2012 12:38 pm  #24

Well, now I'm going to wonder all afternoon which one it was … surely they deleted it for reasons of youth protection.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 4, 2012 6:41 am  #25

The Doctor wrote:

I noticed one of the pictures disappeared from the site mentioned in the first post ;) it made even me blush, and I deal with bodies all the time!

Anyone else seen it? lol

I assume you are referring to the picture that is the second one on this tumblr page?

http://anedumacation.tumblr.com/post/18169918200/curiousgeorgiana-replied-to-your-post-i-have

It was an outtake when they were filming " The Last Enemy". Most nude scenes are carefully edited so that the actors can have a small amount of modesty. These 'socks' are part of the modesty attire.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 4, 2012 5:21 pm  #26

Goodness me. Avert your eyes, Molly Hooper  .

July 4, 2012 9:19 pm  #27

Wow - now I know how they shoot those nude scenes!  I kind of wondered if actors are always uninhibited even with a whole crew looking on.  Hmmm....interesting how  that sock seems to be sort of flying at half mast. It's got some support from somewhere    I wonder if that one's been accounted for in the sock index?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

July 4, 2012 9:34 pm  #28

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 4, 2012 9:35 pm  #29

One thing's for sure...you wouldn't want athletes' foot would you! Eww!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 4, 2012 9:36 pm  #30

Maybe they would like to use that one in the Falsetto Scottish Sock Puppet skits. 

July 5, 2012 7:33 am  #31

KeepersPrice wrote:

Wow - now I know how they shoot those nude scenes!  I kind of wondered if actors are always uninhibited even with a whole crew looking on.  Hmmm....interesting how  that sock seems to be sort of flying at half mast. It's got some support from somewhere    I wonder if that one's been accounted for in the sock index?

LOL - you made my morning.

July 6, 2012 9:10 pm  #32

Here you'll find many nice photos from the Look back in anger reading. Enjoy  .

http://smthngred.tumblr.com/

July 6, 2012 9:58 pm  #33

SusiGo wrote:

Well, that was nice to look at but all I kept thinking as I worked my way through was, "You poor, poor man.  Life as you once knew it is now over.  You can never go anywhere now without being mobbed.  Your feedom is over."

I know he loves his fans but I sure hope he can remain grounded through this frenzy.  And I hope these young ladies can contain themselves during his live perfermances.  If they can't, then that avenue could be closed to him for a while - which would be sad for him.

July 6, 2012 10:16 pm  #34

Yeah I really do feel for people who attain that level of celebrity. Hopefully the frenzy will blow over and he can be comfortably famous instead of headline famous!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

July 6, 2012 11:11 pm  #35

SusiGo wrote:

Oh, with his hair like that, he looks so Sherlocky. If only it were darker...

Is Aggie there?!

And what's with the finger? I hope there is a good excuse. And what is it the Brits do with two fingers? (I mean, what does it mean.)

Last edited by veecee (July 6, 2012 11:13 pm)

July 6, 2012 11:15 pm  #36

KeepersPrice wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Well, that was nice to look at but all I kept thinking as I worked my way through was, "You poor, poor man.  Life as you once knew it is now over.  You can never go anywhere now without being mobbed.  Your feedom is over."

I know he loves his fans but I sure hope he can remain grounded through this frenzy.  And I hope these young ladies can contain themselves during his live perfermances.  If they can't, then that avenue could be closed to him for a while - which would be sad for him.

Yes. If I went to hear him do a reading, I would want to hear him and not a bunch of girls (and guys) screaming. Whenever I clip of those old Beatles concerts with the girls all screaming, I think that they never heard the band at all.

July 7, 2012 12:13 am  #37

KeepersPrice wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

I couldn't have said it better. Poor thing, I think that must be terribly annoying, but he is so nice. I don't know if he has already realised his "normal" life is over

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 7, 2012 12:26 am  #38

Irene Adler wrote:

KeepersPrice wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

I couldn't have said it better. Poor thing, I think that must be terribly annoying, but he is so nice. I don't know if he has already realised his "normal" life is over

I would gladly offer him solitude and refuge at my house if he wanted to get away from the masses for a few weeks, He looked so adorable signing autographs.

Disguise is always a self portrait

July 7, 2012 7:00 am  #39

Yeah, I only meant his looks are nice, not the masses of hysterical fans hassling him. That can't be nice at all and I think he never expected something like this to happen. Hopefully it won't keep him from doing Sherlock because without this show I suppose it wouldn't have happened in such a big way. Poor guy (stroking his curls, comforting him towards a nice little café, ordering black with two sugars …)

July 7, 2012 7:17 am  #40

Veecee the thing we Brits do with two fingers (not me of course, you understand) means F...Off! The back of the fingers have to face away from you and you use your index and middle finger with your thumb sticking up between them. Origin...the wars against the French in the Middle Ages. If an English archer (longbowman) was captured his two string pulling fingers were cut off so that he could not pull a bowstring again. So, when in battle the English archers took to sticking two fingers up at the French, just to show them that fingers were intact. An aside here is that it was mandatory for all boys to be trained in the use of the longbow (except the nobility) from the age of about 7, I think. Robert Hardy, the well-known English actor (Churchill, All Creatures Great and Small) is also a world authority on the long-bow and has written books on the subject. Wen Sir Winston Churchill made the famous V for Victory sign during WW2 he was careful to get his fingers the right way round...could have been embarrassing.

Finally, and rather sadly, this gesture is being superseded by the American middle finger up gesture. Seems weird but I think that is rather a pity.

Last edited by Davina (July 7, 2012 7:19 am)

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera