BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 9, 2012 4:19 am  #1

HI from Australia

While most of you are all raving about Sherlock series 2, down here unless we watch it online most haven't seen it yet.
Of course I am impatient so I viewed every show 6 hours after you guys. This meant working as fast as possible at work & getting home by lunchtime each Monday for 3 weeks!

The show will start airing (Scandal) next Wednesday here. I can't wait because at the moment, I have no one who understands my jokes! No-one understands why I have "Staying Alive' as my ringtone and they all think I am weird because I giggled everytime it rings! It has meant I can use some one liners as put downs and it goes straight over everyone's head so I am hoping no-one remembers them when they watch the show.

I've gathered online that I am one of the 'more senior' fans of this masterpiece so please forgive me if I don't join in on the discussions about being gay; molly should marry sherlock/lestrade, etc etc etc. some are funny the first time but I tune out after the 20th 'joke'.

Other than that, I am enjoying 'dissecting' the final episode, all the episodes in fact but I am also inwardly hoping that I/WE never solve the mystery as the biggest joys I have had in watching these shows has been the surpises. None more so than the opening scene of Scandal, that song just leaves me giggling everytime. Which is a problem when I am 'studying' the Fall because the scene opens with Moriarty on the roof playing that darned song! So I have to compose myself before I start thinking.

Years ago, I became 'obsessed' with Twin Peaks. We had the parties, etc etc and loved the whole experience. Nothing since has come close to Peaks for me, until now. This stuff is great.

Ohh  and as you can see, I am very shy and rarely post anything at all!!!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 9, 2012 6:49 am  #2

Re: HI from Australia

Hello! Nice to finally meet another Sherlock fan! No one understands my Sherlock jokes either XD but it pretty funny when you tell people "not to open their mouth, because they lower the IQ of the entire street" Or when people call you a Pyschopath ( that happens pretty often with me O.o i wonder why?  ) say " I'm not a Pyschopath, i'm a Highly Functioning Sociopath" and people is like O.o what???

Soo well welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing you around 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research."
-- Sherlock (to Anderson)

February 9, 2012 8:17 am  #3

lol, it's good to hear that other people try to use Sherlock quotes in real life...i actually find it quite funny when no one picks up on it, because it's like i've got one over on them!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 9, 2012 11:25 am  #4

Quotes are really useful. My sis and I both came out with a threat of 'burn you' to be followed by 'burn you to a crisp' to be met by bemused looks from the friend it was directed at. At this point we just giggled idiotically! I don't think we have the makings of a master criminal. Personally I love 'Stop thinking aloud Anderson! You lower the IQ of the whole street!'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 9, 2012 4:12 pm  #5

Or tell someone to shut up when they haven't said anything, and then say it was because their thinking annoyed you.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 22, 2015 7:01 pm  #6

Or when people call you a Pyschopath ( that happens pretty often with me O.o i wonder why?

anglina

Board footera