BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 2, 2012 11:13 am  #1

Martin-a Mod

A great article in a regional paper about Martin's Mod fashion.

www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/woman/fashion-beauty/martin-freeman-transforms-hobbit-to-modding-16232804.html

Last edited by Davina (November 2, 2012 11:16 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 2, 2012 6:22 pm  #2

Re: Martin-a Mod

Davina, I've been meaning to ask -- what is that adorable creature that you're using as your avatar?  At first glance, I took it for a large tuber of some sort, but then I noticed the face and the little fingers!

I'm a bit surprised to see that the newspaper still calls that section "Woman" -- here in the US, the "Woman's" section was generally renamed something more PC (like "Living") decades ago.  (Though it's been read mostly by women all along, of course.)

Oh, right -- the article!  If I'm reading it correctly, Freeman is saying ("I did what I could") that the lovely rich fabrics in his primary Hobbit costume were his idea.  Interesting.  I had already been admiring that outfit (particularly the gold-brocade vest), and think it fits perfectly with Bilbo's country-squire image.

November 4, 2012 10:24 am  #3

The little creature is a baby otter. Aww!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 4, 2012 7:37 pm  #4

And I always thought that adult otters were cute!  Aww!

November 6, 2012 10:54 am  #5

Wow, I never really considered it Mod fashion before, but now you come to mention it...

That makes him even cooler in my opinion, I used to be a Mod when I was about 16. 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 6, 2012 8:54 pm  #6

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

... I used to be a Mod when I was about 16. 

Wow!  You must be almost as old as me!   

Board footera