BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 2, 2012 11:11 am  #1

Building Dream Home

Several papers/websites carry this story first covered by The Sun. Apparently Benedict has bought the apartment (flat) above his in Hampstead and has applied for planning permission to convert it into one dwelling. More information here (a bit...not much):

www.express.co.uk/posts/view/355118/benedict-cumberbatch-building-dream-home

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 2, 2012 5:05 pm  #2

Re: Building Dream Home

Dangerous. He might get to know me and then desperately wants to move to Germany. But then he owns this dreamhome and won't get rid of it.....
Okay, fine, I stop dreaming......

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 2, 2012 5:28 pm  #3

*suppressing a grin* Dreaming's okay, Britta, really. But I think he needs some kids to fill his home with happiness and dirty wellies and … oh, getting sentimental again. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 2, 2012 5:52 pm  #4

I understood this was an old story, permission was granted in January I thought.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 2, 2012 6:50 pm  #5

Might be but never been posted about on this forum. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 4, 2012 8:10 pm  #6

by now,  I imagine everyone knows where he lives,  and he's a big star that lives out of a suitcase.  So,  why  doesn't he just sell his flat and then buy another home somewhere else?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

November 4, 2012 8:18 pm  #7

He may have considered that,
But when the ground floor flat came up for sale, I suppose he thought it was a good opportunity.
He loves Hampstead Heath.
However his address was published, when he made the planning application. I never saw it and that is one thing I have never seen on the internet, thank goodness.
He doesn't always help himself.  One of the Jaguar adverts actually showed him coming out of his flat front door.
But as far as I'm aware, he's not yet had any serious stalking. i.e. people camping in his front garden.
Still, as you say, even if anybody did go to his house: they would be lucky to find he's even in the country, never mind at home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 4, 2012 9:39 pm  #8

Hampstead is a really good area to live. It has always had a strong artistic/theatrical ownership base. I'm not absolutely sure but I think his parents may live in the area too. Investing in property, especially in Hampstead,  will always make financial sense. As you mention there are always the charms of the Heath, plus the lovely pubs and restaurants in the area.

November 4, 2012 9:42 pm  #9

I know his parents used to live in central London, but maybe they moved out, too.
I think Mark may not live a million miles away.
I loved my recent(1st) visit to Hampstead theatre.

November 5, 2012 1:27 am  #10

That's so cool that he's building his dream home. I love renovation/decorating projects, even though they're often frustrating and a lot of work. Like you all said, he lives in a lovely area and it's a great investment, so why not do it if you can. I wish him well and would love to see pictures of the finished product. That may be too invasive, but a girl can dream. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 5, 2012 7:09 am  #11

Maybe a posh mag can tempt him with lots of money!
We have seen some pix of his current flat interior.

November 5, 2012 4:33 pm  #12

besleybean wrote:

We have seen some pix of his current flat interior.

Really? I haven't seen those. I'll have to do a more thorough search. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 5, 2012 7:11 pm  #13

I thought some of those in that high backed chair...and I've also seen some by a fire place.

Board footera