BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 19, 2012 8:02 pm  #21

Re: Smaller Signatures: Please Vote!

I put in the Tumblr link that Wholocked got for me of the image and now look! Arggghhhh!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 19, 2012 9:24 pm  #22

Awww, I'm so sorry. I know the pain and frustration of struggling with signatures size. Good luck getting it back!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 19, 2012 10:06 pm  #23

Did you add the img brackets?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 19, 2012 10:36 pm  #24

Yes they are there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 20, 2012 5:58 am  #25

Hurrah! The Return of the Signature! Thanks Wholocked 

November 20, 2012 6:09 am  #26

You're welcome! God only knows what happened with the first URL I sent you!

FYI I can resize gifs as well if anyone needs it done

Last edited by Wholocked (November 20, 2012 6:09 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

November 21, 2012 3:23 am  #27

THAT'S your signature, Davina?!?  I had no idea!  I thought it was just a picture of Andrew/Moriarty, and the "abyss" phrase, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why you would want that for your signature.     But now I see there's an entire Sherlock part, too--wow!  I gotta say--I like it much better now, thank you.  (And thanks to Wholocked for the assistance in shrinking it.)

And I like Wholocked's smaller gif as well.  Thank you!

Last edited by Sherli Bakerst (November 21, 2012 3:24 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

November 21, 2012 5:59 pm  #28

Seems to me, with all the real troubles in the world, this one is a non-starter. Why can't we just live and let live? Why does everything in the world have to be regulated? We all have functional "delete" and "page down" keys, so let's use them and let others express themselves in any way they think is fit and fun. Just my opinion.

November 21, 2012 6:02 pm  #29

I agree, not something I could go wild about...I did all that yesterday!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 21, 2012 8:53 pm  #30

And if the signatures are too big for you preference, you can hide them by going to your profile and editing your settings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

November 21, 2012 8:55 pm  #31

Clever stuff!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 24, 2012 3:27 pm  #32

When I come to this site, it's for pleasure and relaxation so struggling to see what people posted reduces my enjoyment.  There are lots of different configurations of computer screens and I very much appreciate the consideration of people who use smaller rather than larger images in their signatures.  Thank you again!

November 24, 2012 3:43 pm  #33

Whereas some of us just aren't clever enough to do anything fancy!

November 24, 2012 9:32 pm  #34

besleybean wrote:

Whereas some of us just aren't clever enough to do anything fancy!

Yeah, like in my case: Making a GIF for my signature or avatar.  I know there are websites that will assist in creating one, but I don't have the time to search for them or, even if I found a good site, to create one.  Sigh.

November 24, 2012 9:37 pm  #35

Or some of us who are happy enough without much fancy 

But, Sherli, I guess if you ask, maybe someone will create you one.

We could even start a thread where such requests could be posted....
what do you all think?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 25, 2012 2:36 am  #36

Actually, I did ask, Harriet, a couple months ago in another thread.  But my post could have been interpreted, I suppose, as a throwaway comment.  At least, it must have been since there wasn't any reply.     In any case, I don't want someone to make me one--I'd rather learn how to do it myself.  Except...I don't have the time...   

December 5, 2012 9:29 pm  #37

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

Actually, I did ask, Harriet, a couple months ago in another thread.  But my post could have been interpreted, I suppose, as a throwaway comment.  At least, it must have been since there wasn't any reply.     In any case, I don't want someone to make me one--I'd rather learn how to do it myself.  Except...I don't have the time...   

What did you ask? I'll help if I can...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera