BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 18, 2012 8:54 pm  #21

Re: The amazing Paul McGuigan - director S1 ep 1 &3

That island keeps on giving. Now there's Balamory due to it too.

I remember Barry McGuigan, did a lot of charity work - seemed like a nice fellow.

On topic, no one has blogged about attending the class yet - which is odd.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 18, 2012 9:11 pm  #22

Not a soul! Thought maybe there,would be a Tweet from Mr. McG, perhaps with some responses from those who attended. Do you think he just talked about his 'thing' for wallpaper?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 18, 2012 9:45 pm  #23

He tweeted some thanks to the various agencies but nothing from anyone in attendance (yet) which is unusual because the hotel he gave the talk in is right next to Glasgow School of Art, Caledonian University, Strathclyde University various colleges and the city centre.

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

June 6, 2012 7:20 am  #24

There are a couple of interviews with Paul McGuigan about his work as a director. The first, Scotsman, article refers to Sherlock. The second refers to is latest film.

www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/scotland/interview-paul-mcguigan-film-and-tv-director-1-2331295

www.empireonline.com/interviews/interview.asp?IID=848

-

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 28, 2012 3:41 pm  #25

Lucky Number Slevin is on in the UK Channel 4 at 10.50pm - 1a.m. Sunday 1st July. It is directed by Paul McGuigan. He 'retreats with his Wicker Park star Josh Hartnett in the playfully convoluted thriller. Hartnett plays a young smart mouth who finds himself in the middle of a war between two rival gang leaders (Morgan Freeman and Ben Kingsley), who each appear to be employing the same mysterious hit an (Bruce Willis). Jason Smilivic's script provides zingy one-liners for Hartnett, who delivers them wearing a thoroughly appropriate perma-smirk, as well as scenery-chewing opportunities for both Freeman and Kingsley. Only Lucy Lui, as an irritatingly perky sidekick/romantic interest, casts a shadow over the lightweight, thoroughly disposable fun.'
US 2006, violence, swearing, HD

To which I will only add...Elementary!

July 13, 2012 12:13 pm  #26

Information about Paul on Wikipedia.

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_McGuigan(filmmaker)

August 28, 2012 8:52 pm  #27

Paul McGuigan and his wife had a baby today.

June 22, 2013 10:08 am  #28

Davina wrote:

Paul McGuigan has a thing about wallpaper.

Totally, I watched TGG yesterday and noticed the wallpaper in Joe's flat, in different patterns of green and also the one in the house of Kenny.  Love Paul.

I also love his esthetic for a balanced sceen ever time he does a shot. The symmetry is beautiful, especially on this second shot.

Board footera