BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 29, 2012 5:54 pm  #1

TVTropes

I couldn't find this page mentioned anywhere in the forum. It offers a wealth of intelligent observations about the series. I could read in it for hours.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Series/Sherlock

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 29, 2012 5:59 pm  #2

Re: TVTropes

Looking good!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 29, 2012 6:24 pm  #3

You should put a warning on your post, Susi. It is way to easy to be sucked in and not come up till hours later.

October 29, 2012 6:36 pm  #4

Oh, this is really, really interesting! This side is like a huge attic containing lots of cupboards with lots and lots of drawers...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 29, 2012 7:15 pm  #5

Sorry, girls, I know. Guess where I got stuck this afternoon while neglecting my books, my dishwasher, my laundry … 

And there are some things we discussed last weekend, Tobe, like the children's photos.

I'm happy I discovered this site. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 30, 2012 1:15 am  #6

I'm happy you discovered it too. I reckon it will be about a week now before I get anything productive done.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

October 30, 2012 7:35 am  #7

Sorry again. 

October 30, 2012 6:35 pm  #8

Maybe we should ask the Boss to delete the post with link before even more of us fall victim. Wait just a second, though -- I want to bookmark it first.

October 30, 2012 6:43 pm  #9

October 30, 2012 9:24 pm  #10

Ah, TvTropes, that vacuum that sucks up hours of your life and ruins your viewing of movies forever. :D I can't even begin to count the hours I've lost to that site. The Sherlock page on there is quite amusing, especially the Ho Yay section - but only to a Johnlock shipper I suspect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're not good, you're not bad
You're just nice

I'm not good, I'm not nice
I'm just right
I'm the witch
You're the world" - The Witch, Into the Woods

January 31, 2013 8:45 pm  #11

^^ Bump this. Just to suck you all in again. *Mwahahahaha*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 1, 2013 3:50 am  #12

It's the end of the forum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: OK...That was ridiculous. That was the most ridiculous thing...I've ever done.
Sherlock: And you invaded Afghanistan.
John: That wasn't *just* me.

February 1, 2013 7:44 am  #13

I didn't see this thread the first time around, but commenting to add my own (wry, and unfortunately educated) reaction of: "Oh good lord... you had to link to there?!"         As a general policy, I don't even go near that site anymore!  Ha.  I absolutely love the humorously appropriate comic that XKCD did about it, though, and think you guys would enjoy too:  http://xkcd.com/609/   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 11, 2014 1:09 am  #14

Jayie wrote:

Ah, TvTropes, that vacuum that sucks up hours of your life and ruins your viewing of movies forever. :D I can't even begin to count the hours I've lost to that site.

I know the feeling...and I thought it was just me because I majored in English...

Also, you might want to check out the Heartwarming and Tearjerker pages for Sherlock (may not be linked to the main site but you can search). The interpretations of the boys' relationships seem to be more optimistic than ours here, especially in HLV.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Heartwarming/Sherlock

Board footera