BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 13, 2012 11:27 am  #1

Switzerland Pilgrimage

The Sherlock Holmes Society make fairly regular trips to the Reichenbach Falls as a sort of pilgrimage...this article gives one person's account of their experience:

http://www.u.tv/blogs/David-Gordon/Swiss-Sherlock/6af97ece-2c87-4297-83b1-2a3051931cdf

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 13, 2012 3:39 pm  #2

Re: Switzerland Pilgrimage

Nice article. He's right about the prices. Wengen is half way up the railway and is always expensive. In this area of Switzerland Swiss German is spoken. We stayed in a place called Lauterbruennen which is further down the valley but not so far as Interlaken itself. The Eiger itself is somewhat imposing and such a dangerous climb.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 13, 2012 4:08 pm  #3

You've been? Did you go to Reichenbach?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 13, 2012 4:42 pm  #4

I've been to the area, skiing, years and years ago. Honestly, at the time I had no idea that the Reichenbach Falls were near there. It is certainly an area worth visiting. Also, not far away is the Schilthorn which was in the James Bond film OHMSS. It has a revolving restaurant.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 13, 2012 4:48 pm  #5

Such a shame.  We went to Grindelwald near the Eiger massif in 2006 before I became Sherlocked. Of course we would have visited the Reichenbach Falls if I had known they were near. I guess my daughter would have preferred it to going up Jungfraujoch by train. She had real problems with the air up there and was quite afraid at the time. Although the views from above are spectacular.

Last edited by SusiGo (October 13, 2012 4:49 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 13, 2012 4:55 pm  #6

Ah! The delights of high altitude! Strange how if affects some people more than others and it is nothing to do with how fit they are either. 

Board footera