BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 2, 2012 3:13 pm  #1

Best Ending? Series 1 or 2?

Which episode has the best ending - Great Game or Reichenbach?

They're obviously both brilliant BUT...I think Great Game has the best cliffhanger because at the end of Reichenbach we know Sherlock is alive, it's not really a cliffhanger, just keeps us guessing about HOW it was done.

What do you think?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 2, 2012 5:40 pm  #2

Re: Best Ending? Series 1 or 2?

I think Reichenbach has the best ending, mostly because it is sooo sad! But still brilliant  I love the whole dramatic thing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research."
-- Sherlock (to Anderson)

November 2, 2012 5:25 pm  #3

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

They're obviously both brilliant BUT...I think Great Game has the best cliffhanger because at the end of Reichenbach we know Sherlock is alive, it's not really a cliffhanger, just keeps us guessing about HOW it was done.

What do you think?

That's interesting, I hadn't really thought of it that way. Reichenbach is so powerful overall that the fleeting glimpse of Sherlock at the end, which does sort of take the air out of the "cliffhanger" a bit, seems almost such a small thing in comparison. I was really surprised they even gave that glimpse. Great Game does seem to have more of the feel of a traditional cliffhanger. They're both so good, it's impossible for me to pick one, but I guess I do still lean toward Reichenbach a bit more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 2, 2012 5:30 pm  #4

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Which episode has the best ending - Great Game or Reichenbach?

What do you think?

JUST keeps us guessing? Really, Boss, it's been occupying us for nearly a year. That's what I call an ending. Apart from all the emotional stuff.  Of course I like TGG but TRF is … special. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 2, 2012 9:25 pm  #5

I guess it depends what you want. Cliffhanger, I vote for season 1. Emotional wrenching, I vote for season2.

November 2, 2012 9:27 pm  #6

My vote goes to Reichenbach on both counts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 2, 2012 9:39 pm  #7

The end scene of The Great Game is one of my favorites in the whole show. But as far as a cliffhanger, I'd go with Season 2.

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

November 10, 2012 12:13 am  #8

The Reichenbach Fall, no contest. Season 1's ending had a cool and surprising follow up with the "Staying Alive" bit, I hope this episode is followed by something as cool and surprising as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

November 10, 2012 11:37 am  #9

Reichenbach vote here. GG nice bit of suspense but for an ending with, I was going to say 'an impact' but it abruptly ruptured my train of thought and I've lost the plot.......again. Anyway RF.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We solve crimes, I blog about it and he forgets his pants, so I wouldn’t hold out too much hope. (Scandal in Belgravia)

I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead..........I heard you.(The Empty Hearse)

November 14, 2012 9:29 am  #10

The Great Game hands down.. It had the right kind of climax.. Loved the way it converges the fate of Sherlock and his new best friend.
It's just brilliant !

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" When you've eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable it might seem, must be the truth."
- SH

November 14, 2012 10:50 am  #11

This forum came into existence after TRF .. I think it says it all ;)
And now i am also wondering was there any forum for discussion after The Great Game? Where were u guys then? After all, there was a break of around a year and a half after the first series' culmination.
As for me, I am the lucky one to have watched Scandal of Belgravia right after The Great Game (came to know about BBC's Sherlock only in July this year )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look at those cheekbones, I could cut myself slapping that face… would you like me to try?

Board footera