BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 3, 2013 6:57 pm  #41

Re: 12 Years a Slave

Finally there is more footage from the film including Benedict in this interesting featurette:

http://movies.yahoo.com/video/12-years-slave-portrait-solomon-163246243.html

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 3, 2013 7:26 pm  #42

Thanks, Susi - this film sounds very promising. I'm going to read the book on my Kindle once it will have been sent to it, which will be on October 1st.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 4, 2013 2:45 pm  #43

"12 Years a Slave - Featurette: A Portrait of Solomon Northup" is now available in HD on MostMovies’s Youtube channel

September 7, 2013 11:32 pm  #44

I can't wait to see this movie!  You can read the book legally and for free by clicking on this link:

http://docsouth.unc.edu/fpn/northup/northup.html

I can't decide whether to read the book first or wait until after I see the movie.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

September 10, 2013 10:05 pm  #45

Reactions and reviews from critics at The Toronto Film Festival ave been amazing!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 11, 2013 4:41 am  #46

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

I can't wait to see this movie!  You can read the book legally and for free by clicking on this link:

http://docsouth.unc.edu/fpn/northup/northup.html

I can't decide whether to read the book first or wait until after I see the movie.

I'm not sure about other countires, but in Germany you can get a free version for your kindle via amazon (thanks to Tobe for this advice). You only have to wait until October.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 12, 2013 2:42 pm  #47

It won't be bedtime reading...unless you want nightmares!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 17, 2013 5:43 am  #48

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 17, 2013 6:23 am  #49

This is great news. I am looking very much forward to the film. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 19, 2013 10:42 pm  #50

Oscars! That is all! 

November 7, 2013 10:02 pm  #51

12 Years A Slave: Benedict Cumberbatch On Set Movie Interview

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 7, 2013 10:05 pm  #52

If I watch this again I will fall from the sofa. Could be dangerous. 

November 7, 2013 10:10 pm  #53

Take your laptop to the floor. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 7, 2013 10:12 pm  #54

During watching this I found myself breathing quite shallowly which made me feel kinda dizzy afterwards...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 7, 2013 10:16 pm  #55

Yes, he looks quite nice in this (understatement of the century) 

November 7, 2013 10:24 pm  #56

It's too bad that they've cut some of his answers short. He clearly wanted to say more about director Steve McQueen for example. And what I love so much about Benedict when he's giving interviews is that his answers don't seem to end. He just keeps on talking and gives such elaborate answers without ever babbling about trivial stuff (like so many other actors do in such interviews).. I love it.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

November 7, 2013 10:29 pm  #57

His interviews are brilliant. In the Reddit thing he was so funny and brief and then just like that gave a thoughtful ten minute answer about Assange. 

November 7, 2013 10:32 pm  #58

I know, and after five minutes of waiting everyone was wondering what was going on, because the Assange answer took him so long. That Reddit thing (and the whole evening) was wonderfully crazy.

November 7, 2013 10:48 pm  #59

True. I did not expect much from it and did not know what it was about but then it was a really hilarious experience. 

Benedict, are you still there? Everything okay with you? 

November 7, 2013 10:57 pm  #60

Oh yes, so many fan girls 'worrying' about him at the same time...

Board footera