BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 19, 2012 11:40 am  #21

Re: Arthur Shappey Happy Thread

Polar bears are BRILLIANT...dancers!

www.metro.co.uk/weird/910625-saturday-night-fever-dancing-polar-bear-struts-his-stuff-like-john-travolta

I am SURE Arthur would love this!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 19, 2012 7:25 pm  #22

Davina wrote:

Polar bears are BRILLIANT...dancers!

www.metro.co.uk/weird/910625-saturday-night-fever-dancing-polar-bear-struts-his-stuff-like-john-travolta

I am SURE Arthur would love this!

How cute!

Today I really smelled the autumn leaves as I walked across the diag on campus. Brilliant.

October 19, 2012 8:09 pm  #23

Not Diagon Alley?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 19, 2012 8:10 pm  #24

Oh, I love that. I'm going to think about that every time I walk across campus, which is nearly every day. Brilliant.

October 21, 2012 11:10 am  #25

I'm happy because I found a bottle of Lemsip cold cure with a drop left in it.

Why am I happy that I found a bottle of Lemsip cold cure with a drop left in it?

Because...I went to a party last night and woke up with this inexplicable sore head this morning which wasn't going away, so I search the house for paracetamol, aspirin or ibuprofen to no avail. I was just thinking I was going to have to go to the shops to buy some 'cure-for-headache-the-morning-after-pills' when suddenly, as if by a miracle, there appeared a bottle of Lemsip cold cure with a drop left in it. I duly swigged it down and then put some water in the bottle and shook it vigorously to get the last eensie-weensie drop out and swigged that too.

My head is now feeling much better. 

Youngsters please note: alcohol is a bad thing.

October 21, 2012 11:59 am  #26

This is too cute not to post.

October 21, 2012 4:02 pm  #27

Precious! And, of course, brilliant!

October 21, 2012 5:20 pm  #28

no comment needed:

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 21, 2012 5:26 pm  #29

Just brilliant, Mattlocked! I know why autumn (not...FALL!) is my favourite season.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 21, 2012 5:28 pm  #30

That's brilliant. And there's something that made me happy this morning. I was standing in the cold beside a sports field. There was a light mist and the horizon was beautifully coloured and just as  the sun rose they played Grieg's "Morning mood". It never sounded so beautiful as in that moment. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 21, 2012 5:36 pm  #31

Susi, that sounds.... like a little wonder. 

Actually I don't like (hate?) this tree, because it spreads out like weed;  during the whole summer you have to look all the time for little trees which come up everywhere and massively.
But then... for a few days in fall autumn... it looks like that. And everything is forgiven. 

Last edited by Mattlocked (October 21, 2012 5:37 pm)

October 21, 2012 5:49 pm  #32

Yes, it was like a wonder because the day before they had played pop music and then somebody had this wonderful idea. 

The tree is really gorgeous. Maybe it wants to make amends for annoying you during the rest of the year.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 21, 2012 5:56 pm  #33

I love that piece. They used to play it when we walked into morning assembly when I was at primary school. I also have a stag's horn sumach, which I planted, in the back garden. That, the beech and the Japanese maple are looking stunning at the moment. On a gloomy day the colours of the autumn leaves brighten everything up.

October 21, 2012 6:24 pm  #34

SusiGo wrote:

The tree is really gorgeous. Maybe it wants to make amends for annoying you during the rest of the year.

Yeah, I can hear it whisper: Look how beautiful I am! Don't you want mooooore??
We have four right now (grown at places we couldn't reach......)

October 21, 2012 6:31 pm  #35

They seem to multiply like rabbits. 

October 21, 2012 6:39 pm  #36

I gave one to my colleague last year (who didn't want to listen to me). That one even grew for months only in water!
It goes through the whole garden below ground like bamboo. Just you can find those tiny trees 30 meters from the main tree. And if you start to dig, you pull out a 30 meter long root full of those little trees.  Oh, it's fun! - Think I have to change to the free rants with this now, too.

October 21, 2012 11:54 pm  #37

Beautiful tree, Matt.

We have a Bradford pear that drops little, teeny-tiny pears in the summer (not edible), and in the winter, it waits till all the leaf pickups are done for the year -- and then drops its leaves.
But, it looks like wedding gown when it's in bloom in the spring, and it has gorgeous color in the fall. So, another tree to forgive.

October 22, 2012 7:17 am  #38

Wow, just looked it up on Google pics. Very beautiful!

We have another one to forgive: Maple. It stands next to the house and is really big. All the leaves fall into the drip moulding/downpipe so the rainwater can't flow and it spreads its seeds everywhere. So if there is no wind I have to remove thousands of little trees from the flower beds the following year(s).
But we still love the tree, it's so .... old .... and nice. (And when we are lucky some years there is enough wind so all the neighbours are having the fun.  )

October 22, 2012 11:18 am  #39

Ahh! Fresh brewed Italian coffee. Heaven.

October 23, 2012 1:30 am  #40

Davina wrote:

Ahh! Fresh brewed Italian coffee. Heaven.

...with nothing in it, as opposed to tea with everything in it. A treat with Surprising Rice. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

Board footera