BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 11, 2012 7:24 am  #1

Arthur Shappey Happy Thread

As requested... ...Apples at the ready...steady...start throwing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 11, 2012 7:31 am  #2

Re: Arthur Shappey Happy Thread

Polar bears are … brilliant. (my son's favourite quote)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 11, 2012 6:07 pm  #3

I didn't get rained on when I walked the dogs tonight but it is pouring now! How lucky was that .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 11, 2012 7:45 pm  #4

I'm happy because my daughter went to the same Doc Martens shop in Düsseldorf where my husband bought his shoes nearly 30 years ago. Nice that some things do not change. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 11, 2012 8:44 pm  #5

Last week, while on my daily walk, I petted a beagle puppy. Then one day this week, I petted nine different dogs, ranging in size from teacup terriers to greyhounds (two of each of those, in fact). Dogs are brilliant.

October 12, 2012 10:28 am  #6

I saw some flaming Virginia creeper this morning. Literally BRILLIANT!

October 18, 2012 7:52 pm  #7

Come on you MISERABLE lot!!
Heard an owl and saw a bat on walk tonight. Good news for me! Bad news for small mammals and flying insects.

October 18, 2012 8:10 pm  #8

Worked four days on my first self-made candied ginger. And it tastes lovely! I am proud tonight. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 18, 2012 8:30 pm  #9

Can you bring one on 27th? Would like to taste it. 

October 18, 2012 8:35 pm  #10

Won't last that long... Have to make new ones then. 

October 18, 2012 8:44 pm  #11

You could also try something with lemons or something orange or mulled wine when it's cold enough. Might be difficult on the train, though. 

October 18, 2012 8:45 pm  #12

5 liter container mulled wine... well...... yes...... lol

October 18, 2012 9:09 pm  #13

Maybe you could drink a bit during the trip to make it lighter. 

October 18, 2012 9:21 pm  #14

A drunk middle-aged woman with Sherlock tshirt and worn out trousers... Perfect.
Tobe would pretend to not recognizing me.

October 18, 2012 9:24 pm  #15

Mattlocked wrote:

A drunk middle-aged woman with Sherlock tshirt and worn out trousers... Perfect.
Tobe would pretend to not recognizing me.

Don't be so hard on yourself. We're not THAT old after all. Although I just picture you falling out of the train with the canister in one hand and your bag in the other, stumbling along the platform and looking for a nice-looking man with dark curly hair to help you to the nearest cab.

October 18, 2012 9:29 pm  #16

...or for that one with the helmet and the lycra to help me on his bike. 

btw: 43 is in the middle, isn't it?

October 18, 2012 10:07 pm  #17

A book I'm reading actually has a Patek Philippe in it! Isn't that brilliant?

Davina - Birds of prey are brilliant, too. Saw some that were in rehab this weekend -- a screech owl, a pergrine falcon, and a bald eagle. Unfortunately, did not see them in the wild, though, as you did. Oh, dear, would the goose that hit Gertie be considered a bird of prey?

October 19, 2012 12:44 am  #18

Pop-Tarts are brilliant! New trousers of gamekeeper tweed are brilliant too, although they do tend to limit the number of brilliant Pop-Tarts one can eat. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

October 19, 2012 7:56 am  #19

No veecee. The goose that hit Gerti would be considered...careless...and unlucky.

October 19, 2012 8:07 am  #20

Davina wrote:

No veecee. The goose that hit Gerti would be considered...careless...and unlucky.

I just translated something about a new British director who is "a brilliant young music master". I suppose Arthur wrote the review.

Board footera